Home

Caps/jerseys cash grab

This is a discussion on Caps/jerseys cash grab within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2018, 10:16 AM   #1
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0
Caps/jerseys cash grab

Anyone else feel like the addition of these items is an out and out cash grab by SDS? It was one thing adding these pointless items to dilute the quality of what you got in packs (and further raise the price of equipment for the "no micro transaction" RTTS), but they have made them integral to literally every single mission pretty much. Even the tiny one game missions require you to buy a specific, and therefore highly in demand, jersey. Then the next level of missions requires you to trade in a ton of apparel, again at huge cost, then the Immortal missions then require you to trade in an even more colossal amount of this rubbish, at an astronomical cost.

All seems like a complete con to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2018, 11:31 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Caps/jerseys cash grab

Yea it’s a pure cash grab... but atleast caps/jerseys can be used to complete missions, the bobble heads, and autographed bats/balls have absolutely 0 purpose. I was hoping that jerseys/caps would be wearable in game... I hate having to go in and create your uniforms.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-26-2018, 02:49 PM   #3
Rookie

TexasDBack's Arena

Sadly, I agree that this is a cash grab. It feels like they have absolutely changed the market by making the programs require more trade-ins of items, resulting in less be in the market and driving the cost up due to hoarding. Then they introduced something that the limit to 1 item per pack (scarce quantity) resulting in people having to pay that higher cost in the market which requires - stubs. That's economics 101 and pretty in your face.

I've never felt like DD was a cash grab until this year. I've always been good with people buying packs or what not, but this introduction of items is a very subtle way of driving up micro transactions when they were doing very good at not coming across that way previously.
Old 03-26-2018, 04:51 PM   #4
I Drink Like A Champion!!

yankeesgiants's Arena

OVR: 16

I thought that at first but closer inspection says other wise. complete 10 hat collections gets you the PS David price. FYI: Some teams only have one hat and that is easily acquired doing the 15 man collection.
Old 03-26-2018, 05:07 PM   #5
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesgiants
I thought that at first but closer inspection says other wise. complete 10 hat collections gets you the PS David price. FYI: Some teams only have one hat and that is easily acquired doing the 15 man collection.
If that was the only program you needed them for then I'd agree, but you need a huge amount of this stuff for literally every single program.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2018, 05:18 PM   #6
All Star

OVR: 2

Yeah I’m not a fan of these stupid hats and stuff at all. I’d much rather have to grind a weeks worth of stats to unlock something than have to buy this dumb stuff whose price is gonna stay inflated all year.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-26-2018, 06:08 PM   #7
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

You don't have to pay money to get caps/jerseys.

Operation Sports OOTP League
Old 03-27-2018, 09:59 PM   #8
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty5oke
You don't have to pay money to get caps/jerseys.
Youre missing the point. They are cards that serve no functional in game purpose, yet we all need countless amounts of them for all the missions, which entices people to have to spend money on stubs to get them.

The fact that we have to acquire them just to essentially delete them in an "exchange" is a clear cash grab.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »