Home

Is there a disadvantage to importing a franchise from 2017 into 2018?

This is a discussion on Is there a disadvantage to importing a franchise from 2017 into 2018? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2018, 07:51 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Is there a disadvantage to importing a franchise from 2017 into 2018?

I started a brand new franchise in 2017 with the latest March OS roster updates, and I'm going to import it into 2018 so I can start my franchise right away with a great roster set. Is there any disadvantage to doing this , besides having to play the 2017 schedule? I've been out of the loop the last couple years on this game. Just want to make sure I don't miss out or lose on anything else before I get too deep. Thanks for any input you can share
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2018, 08:15 AM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Is there a disadvantage to importing a franchise from 2017 into 2018?

Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghomer
I started a brand new franchise in 2017 with the latest March OS roster updates, and I'm going to import it into 2018 so I can start my franchise right away with a great roster set. Is there any disadvantage to doing this , besides having to play the 2017 schedule? I've been out of the loop the last couple years on this game. Just want to make sure I don't miss out or lose on anything else before I get too deep. Thanks for any input you can share
Any SCEA created player (non CAP) that was in '17 that either didn't play last year or is no longer part of the MLBPA will "disappear" from your rosters. Their attributes, age, height, weight, and hometown all stay the same, but their name and to an extent their likeness will change. You will have to add those players back in.

Other than that, there really is no downside to transferring saves from one year to the next.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-27-2018, 09:05 AM   #3
Pro

Ok. I've read about that , i'm okay with it. Thanks a lot bro!
Old 03-27-2018, 09:13 AM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghomer
Ok. I've read about that , i'm okay with it. Thanks a lot bro!
You're welcome!

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-27-2018, 09:31 AM   #5
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

I normally start a new franchise when the new version of the show drops with the OSFM roster set, but I am having a great time with my carry over franchise so far. I am currently on May 15 2018 in my Yankees franchise. I know OSFM rosters are great but I think im going to just roll with my carry over franchise and just go with it. I actually have 2 franchises going from The Show 17 (Yankees and Rockies franchises).

I just dont have the time to obsess over having accurate rosters in my game. Im just enjoying playing the game and rolling with my franchises.

The Yankees team in my franchise is not too different to the real life Yankees team but there are differences which makes my team unique. I built them with the way I would as a GM.

For example, I had to get a bit creative to get Stanton on the Yankees. I acquired Stanton from the Marlins in a "3 team trade" with the Rockies. Im not sure of the exact details but I sent Clint Frazier and a couple of pitchers to the Rockies for Carlos Gonzalez and then flipped him and Castro to the Marlins for Stanton. I also acquired Maikel Franco and Aaron Nola from the Phillies ( i forget who I sent to them but I know I did not cheat them)

I will try to post my Yankees roster and my transactions when I have time, but I am having a great time with my carry over franchise and plan on sticking with it.
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2018, 11:10 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarlic
I normally start a new franchise when the new version of the show drops with the OSFM roster set, but I am having a great time with my carry over franchise so far. I am currently on May 15 2018 in my Yankees franchise. I know OSFM rosters are great but I think im going to just roll with my carry over franchise and just go with it. I actually have 2 franchises going from The Show 17 (Yankees and Rockies franchises).

I just dont have the time to obsess over having accurate rosters in my game. Im just enjoying playing the game and rolling with my franchises.

The Yankees team in my franchise is not too different to the real life Yankees team but there are differences which makes my team unique. I built them with the way I would as a GM.

For example, I had to get a bit creative to get Stanton on the Yankees. I acquired Stanton from the Marlins in a "3 team trade" with the Rockies. Im not sure of the exact details but I sent Clint Frazier and a couple of pitchers to the Rockies for Carlos Gonzalez and then flipped him and Castro to the Marlins for Stanton. I also acquired Maikel Franco and Aaron Nola from the Phillies ( i forget who I sent to them but I know I did not cheat them)

I will try to post my Yankees roster and my transactions when I have time, but I am having a great time with my carry over franchise and plan on sticking with it.

Yeah I know what you mean. I just didn't have a franchise from 2017, I played an online franchise for one season and that was it last year, I didn't play much. But I want to get back into it. So I figured my best route to go ,would to get osfm rosters from last year , the very last set which I would think would be the very best, and then upload it into 18 and Carry On from there like you are. That way I can get started on my franchise right away rather than wait for the 18 rosters. Because I'm not too obsessed with that either lol. Seems like a much better option than just using the updated rosters from SCEA, with the trade-off of playing with the 2017 schedule, which I'm fine with, because after your first year, isn't it just generated anyway?
Old 03-27-2018, 12:41 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 3

This is something I'm wondering. Countryboy will likely be able to answer.

If popped in 2014, started a franchise with either a default roster or a locally saved OSFM roster, then saved (haven't played any games). Then proceed to upgrade to 15, then 16, then 17 (I don't have 18 yet), is there a downside or any issues anyone knows about? I'm thinking that it may be fun to go back and start a 2014 franchise in 2017 (or 2018 if I eventually get it).
Players that would be overwritten due to licensing would get overwritten; I'd just have to find them all. Would players who were licensed in 2014 but not in 2015 then get overwritten (i.e., would Jeter then disappear)? Now that I have more understanding of what I can do in the game I'm tempted to re-start my original franchise and work up to 2017/2018 and avoid some of the errors I made over the years. However, if I am basically starting with those players who were in 2017 PA, and everyone else from 2014 not licensed gets changed, I don't think it is worth it. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:45 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
This is something I'm wondering. Countryboy will likely be able to answer.

If popped in 2014, started a franchise with either a default roster or a locally saved OSFM roster, then saved (haven't played any games). Then proceed to upgrade to 15, then 16, then 17 (I don't have 18 yet), is there a downside or any issues anyone knows about? I'm thinking that it may be fun to go back and start a 2014 franchise in 2017 (or 2018 if I eventually get it).
Players that would be overwritten due to licensing would get overwritten; I'd just have to find them all. Would players who were licensed in 2014 but not in 2015 then get overwritten (i.e., would Jeter then disappear)? Now that I have more understanding of what I can do in the game I'm tempted to re-start my original franchise and work up to 2017/2018 and avoid some of the errors I made over the years. However, if I am basically starting with those players who were in 2017 PA, and everyone else from 2014 not licensed gets changed, I don't think it is worth it. Thanks for the help.

that sounds like you would be missing out on a lot of mlbpa players. If you have all the editions why not just start with your most recent and import from there? I think I'm confused at what you're trying to accomplish by starting way back at 2014

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »