Home

Props Need To Be Given To The Overhaul In How The Game Performs

This is a discussion on Props Need To Be Given To The Overhaul In How The Game Performs within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2018, 09:50 AM   #1
Rookie

CCDaDon's Arena

OVR: 2
Props Need To Be Given To The Overhaul In How The Game Performs

I haven't seen an appreciation thread for this yet, but the game has always had an issue with framerate hiccups, especially during transitions from replays back into gameplay, camera cuts, during pitches, etc. I would always do the big install and would still always have performance issues. It was such a problem for me that after a while I would turn off the broadcast gameplay style just to avoid the hiccups, as they would occasionally make the game freeze for me.

I play on a regular PS4 (not a pro) and it is incredibly satisfying to see the game finally run at a consistent framerate, with zero hiccups. Seeing smooth instant replays with smooth transitions back to gameplay is such a relief because it has always bothered me, ever since I started playing with The Show 07.

Last edited by CCDaDon; 03-28-2018 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Meant to say The Show 07
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2018, 10:33 AM   #2
Rookie

baseball_fever's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Props Need To Be Given To The Overhaul In How The Game Performs

Would you go as far as saying that the game is playing close to 60FPS on the regular PS4?
Old 03-28-2018, 10:41 AM   #3
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Honestly not sure what you're talking about. I'm on regular ps4, and maybe my experience is a rarity, but the games frame rate and smoothness is straight trash. Like it hasn't been optimised at all. Stuttering while pitching, fielding, and batting. Hitches and overall inconsistent frame rate that I'm surprised came with a AAA title release. The cutscenes are great but the during gameplay it's the worst I've experienced during this series.

Hopefully they patch it soon, because it has made playing this game incredibly frustrating.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2018, 10:46 AM   #4
Rookie

baseball_fever's Arena

Okay thank you for clarifying. PS4 Pro it is.
Old 03-28-2018, 10:48 AM   #5
Rookie

CCDaDon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball_fever
Would you go as far as saying that the game is playing close to 60FPS on the regular PS4?
For me, yeah. At the very least it's over 30FPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2018, 10:48 AM   #6
Rookie

CCDaDon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Honestly not sure what you're talking about. I'm on regular ps4, and maybe my experience is a rarity, but the games frame rate and smoothness is straight trash. Like it hasn't been optimised at all. Stuttering while pitching, fielding, and batting. Hitches and overall inconsistent frame rate that I'm surprised came with a AAA title release. The cutscenes are great but the during gameplay it's the worst I've experienced during this series.

Hopefully they patch it soon, because it has made playing this game incredibly frustrating.

Are you using the disc or digital? Because, this is the first year I bought the game digitally.
Old 03-28-2018, 10:49 AM   #7
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDaDon
Are you using the disc or digital? Because, this is the first year I bought the game digitally.
Yeah, I'm using disc

Old 03-28-2018, 10:50 AM   #8
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13

I'm not seeing any of that. I'm on an OG PS4 and have the game digitally. The game runs smooth as butter, smoother than ever before.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »