Home

Combo Spam

This is a discussion on Combo Spam within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2018, 06:21 AM   #1
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Combo Spam

Why is there not a severe stamina tax for throwing missed or blocked combos in succession? Combos should be something that you are rewarded for timing with perfection and something you're punished heavily for if you resort to spamming it.

But if anything - my goodness a stamina tax is needed and I'm talking a big adjustment!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2018, 06:23 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Combo Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Why is there not a severe stamina tax for throwing missed or blocked combos in succession? Combos should be something that you are rewarded for timing with perfection and something you're punished heavily for if you resort to spamming it.

But if anything - my goodness a stamina tax is needed and I'm talking a big adjustment!
I already end stamina in round 1.No please
Old 03-29-2018, 06:34 AM   #3
Rookie

why do you end stamina in round 1 ? i throw 250-300 strikes in 3 rounds . my opponent throws more than 200 , we both still have stamina , and this is post patch , i can attach pictures if needed
Old 03-29-2018, 06:36 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CipTm
why do you end stamina in round 1 ? i throw 250-300 strikes in 3 rounds . my opponent throws more than 200 , we both still have stamina , and this is post patch , i can attach pictures if needed
i end stamina throwing single shots and overhands
Old 03-29-2018, 06:37 AM   #5
Banned

I actually wanted to start a thread about stamina tax but I'll just post this here. You're welcome Shiz

would add a tax or higher tax for....

1. Combo spam. (Very important) throwing over 100 sign punches and 100 light punches in each round, every match. Damn son that's not realistic... it happens but it is not happening in every 2nd fight. Dominick Cruz is only fighting twice a year at best.

2. Blocked punches. (Very important) it's simply way too low. Combo combo combo. All blocked. (See counter window below)

3. Sways higher tax. (Important Headmovement standing is good how it is)

4. Holding the block constantly. (Minimal tax for that but it has to have an effect in later rounds) holding your hands up for 3-5 rounds is not as easy as it sounds. No fighter holds high block constantly. Unrealistic.

5. Kicks and missed kicks. (High kicks also cover a crazy amount of distance just like the overhand)

6. Overhands. (Minimal higher tax. Leg Kick overhand combo is cheese)

Damage and vulnerability
7. Decrease power of rocked opponent strikes during health event (way too many comeback KOs)

8. McGregors counter power and speed is insane. (Might not be necessary with a higher tax on hook combo spam) his chin is granite too it needs tuning imo.

9. Longer counter window after a heavy punch or hard combo was blocked. Seems to be a bit short to get something significant in the actual window a jab works but that doesnt really do much damage to an opponent.

10. Increase leg check damage. I'm blocking so many, a checked kick hurts man. That hurts. I would think twice about it if I ever kicked a metal pole. Luckily I was never stupid enough to try that.

11. Chin and condition/body health on low stamina needs higher vulnerability. People aren't scared to lose stamina. Power and speedy combos are still good enough even, if 80% stamina is gone.

Probably forgot a couple but what's your thoughts on this ^^ just start with the number and tell me what you think.

Also the posture up in full guard is broken needs a fix quick

Last edited by xFINISHxHIMx; 03-29-2018 at 06:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2018, 07:09 AM   #6
Rookie

When is the USADA version of the game out?
Old 03-29-2018, 07:23 AM   #7
EA Game Changer

MartialMind's Arena

I completely disagree with any form of additional stamina tax for blocked strikes.

Again, this is a buff to block, and I personally don't want that.

What we need are more ways to force a whiff with footwork, one that'll count as "evaded". This way with a combination of block, head movement, and footwork we can deal with hard combos by making them whiff... That's how we should be trying to drain their stamina.

More on this later.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-29-2018, 07:33 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialMind
I completely disagree with any form of additional stamina tax for blocked strikes.

Again, this is a buff to block, and I personally don't want that.

What we need are more ways to force a whiff with footwork, one that'll count as "evaded". This way with a combination of block, head movement, and footwork we can deal with hard combos by making them whiff... That's how we should be trying to drain their stamina.

More on this later.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Operation Sports mobile app
If anything holding block should have a slow depletion of the current stamina pool. A stamina tax on blocked strikes is huge buff on blocking when it's already as overpowered in it's current form.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »