Home

Scripting Momentum in this game is out of control

This is a discussion on Scripting Momentum in this game is out of control within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2018, 12:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Scripting Momentum in this game is out of control

I can tell when I start a game or after a few minutes of play if I will win or lose it. That is how obvious the scripting momentum is...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2018, 10:51 AM   #2
Rookie

Blue12's Arena

Re: Scripting Momentum in this game is out of control

I had a game against Man City with Everton a few days ago. Got down 0-2 within the first 10 minutes and I thought about shutting it off. Ended up tieing it up in the 75th minute 2-2. I even had some good chances in the end but ended up in a draw.

I play on world class with heavily tweaked sliders and I have never really noticed scripted momentum
Old 04-03-2018, 06:44 AM   #3
Rookie

Schrankwand's Arena

I never felt any kind of momentum or scripting in any offline mode in any FIFA - ever. But online it is a whole nother story.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:55 AM   #4
Rookie

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ions-fifa.html
Old 04-26-2018, 12:50 AM   #5
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrankwand
I never felt any kind of momentum or scripting in any offline mode in any FIFA - ever. But online it is a whole nother story.
I notice it all the time in both Career and Squad Battles. There's something in how this game is written that if you are leading a game, around the 65th minute the AI flips a switch that turns their players into all-stars. It's definitely there and occurs in both modes. However, I disagree that it's there in online. I think it's just mental. If you score a couple quick goals, it's normal to think you are the better player rather than the other player needed that time to adjust to your play. So when they come back on you, it's of course scripting, other than just a good adjustment by your opponent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2018, 04:26 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
I notice it all the time in both Career and Squad Battles. There's something in how this game is written that if you are leading a game, around the 65th minute the AI flips a switch that turns their players into all-stars. It's definitely there and occurs in both modes. However, I disagree that it's there in online. I think it's just mental. If you score a couple quick goals, it's normal to think you are the better player rather than the other player needed that time to adjust to your play. So when they come back on you, it's of course scripting, other than just a good adjustment by your opponent.
I have noticed squad battles can be unrealistically challenging, but I haven't noticed any scripting in any other single players mode. Teams becoming more challenging later in the game happens in real life. Especially if a team is losing, they will play harder and more attacking. If necessary, you just need to make tactical adjustments.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »