Home

To fellow( 30 Team control) guys how do you handle the playoffs??

This is a discussion on To fellow( 30 Team control) guys how do you handle the playoffs?? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2018, 02:26 PM   #1
Pro

Fakename22's Arena

OVR: 4
To fellow( 30 Team control) guys how do you handle the playoffs??

I did a few test sims and the playoffs are pretty whacky... Blazers vs Pacers anyone?? lol

I really dont want to play all these games how do you guys handle the playoffs?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2018, 04:18 PM   #2
Rookie

JJones07's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: To fellow( 30 Team control) guys how do you handle the playoffs??

Save before the first game, simulate 1st round. Don't like the results, reload and simulate again. Rinse and repeat for each round, that's what I do.

When I'm not playing video games
Old 04-20-2018, 05:06 PM   #3
Rookie

theonlybstew's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fakename22
I did a few test sims and the playoffs are pretty whacky... Blazers vs Pacers anyone?? lol

For he first two rounds is play the opening games for each series then sim until the elimination games. For the conference and NBA finals I play every game.

PS4
NBA 2k22
WWE 2K22
NHL 22
MLB 20 THE SHOW
SONIC CLASSICS

PS3
NCAA FB 14
Old 04-23-2018, 04:53 PM   #4
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

Simulate one game at a time and create a backup save for each step. If some upsets begin to become too implausible, go back to your backup. Play the games for teams you want to control or matchups that intrigue you.
Old 04-23-2018, 07:11 PM   #5
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

I typically let it ride. I havent seen anything too crazy. Plus, the league is changing as we go... I focus on one maybe two teams a season. This year for instance, I was the Klay Thompson led Bulls. I played all their playoff games. We made it to the finals and played (and beat) the Jazz. It looked crazy them getting that far. I traded Isiah Thomas from the Cavs for Ricky Rubio and Rodney Hood after the real life trade in ML. I'm in 20-21 I think. After game one though I realized the Jazz are damn good. Isiah is a problem, Donovan Mitchell is a stud. Ingles is nice. Favors and Gobert are defensive beasts. Then they have Alec Burke and Jahlil Okafor anchoring their second team. They destroyed our second unit. I like the Jazz going forward, I'm even gonna try to sign Jabari Parker this offseason to maybe push them over the top whenever I finish up with God of War. I even edited Quinn Snyder to reflect him being an "elite" coach now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2018, 03:50 AM   #6
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

What I do is I sim each game at a time, and if I dont like the results, I exit out and reload till I get the result Im looking for with each game. Except for my team, I always play all my teams games.
I actually do this at times, thruout the season of MyLeague, to make sure there isnt anything whacky, that happens. NBA2k sim engine has always been a little screwy. While you cant expect your ML to mirror real life perfectly, I dont think it unreasonable to expect your super teams, to play like it, and your crap teams to play like crap. In NBA2k you may see the Sprus, be lotto bound, and the Suns and Kings to make the playoffs. The devs definitely need to do some work to the sim engine, so your top teams play like it, and your bottom feeders, to suck. Obviously there should be your occasional surprise team, that exceeds expectations, like the Pacers did this yr, with most thinking they would be a lotto team, and to a lesser extent the Sixers, who were on the upswing, but ended up much better than most thought. But in NBA2k, this seems to happen basically every season, and its not something that should happen each and every season in your ML, because it dont really happen IRL every yr.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »