Home

Day Game Lighting Issue?

This is a discussion on Day Game Lighting Issue? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2018, 04:54 PM   #1
Rookie

YanksFan4Life's Arena

OVR: 3
Day Game Lighting Issue?

So I was playing some exhibition games last night and noticed the following.
Day games at Yankee Stadium are very dark. *I set it to a 1pm game* Also am on regular PS4 not Pro. Also RGB is Full for both PS4 and TV.

I'm wondering if it has to do with the dynamic lighting exposure technique introduced last year because during certain camera pans the lighting brightens up. However during at bats, pitching and general gameplay the lighting looks like I turned my tv brightness down very low. Or like the picture is in a constant fade look. Even in some replays too. I don't recall it being this severe in last years game.

The exposure technique I'm talking about was in a stream last year around the 24 minute mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98xYYgM2e84

I'd like to know if anyone has any insight on this or if any of you have experienced this too at different stadiums. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2018, 04:59 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Day Game Lighting Issue?

same here. Couldn't quite tell what it is, something looks "off" with the lighting. Using outfield camera for hitting and pitching, is Yankee stadium really that dark behind the plate in the stands? Had to turn the brightness up on my monitor.
Old 03-29-2018, 05:28 PM   #3
Rookie

YanksFan4Life's Arena

^ Exactly the type of stuff I was experiencing Boc. Nice to know someone else notices it. I use broadcast when pitching and the backstop was hard to make out among the other things I listed above.

Going to possibly get pics off PS4 later If I get a chance.

Last edited by YanksFan4Life; 03-29-2018 at 05:34 PM.
Old 03-29-2018, 06:22 PM   #4
Banned

Drty_Windshield's Arena

OVR: 0

It might be because of the full RGB range. Your display may not support the full RGB range of colors, you might need to use the limited range.

Open up this image on your console..

This picture, if your display supports full, will have the first box in the top left be barely visible with the following squares becoming lighter and lighter! The entire image should be a gradient that goes from the darkest square all the way to the lightest square, getting lighter and lighter. See it? Great! If you see a harsh black for most of the image, you can try and tweak your displays brightness a bit in case it is far away from it's default. If not, then you should not use the full RGB setting.

Old 03-29-2018, 06:32 PM   #5
Rookie

YanksFan4Life's Arena

Thanks wind I'll try that. But still odd that last year was seemingly fine and this year there is an issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2018, 10:28 PM   #6
Rookie

ThrowBack's Arena

OVR: 2

I had this same issue playing a game at Angels stadium. It's not an issue with my tv because normally day games are very vibrant. Must be a bug of some kind.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »