Home

MLB ON FOX: 2018 OPENING DAY ROSTERS

This is a discussion on MLB ON FOX: 2018 OPENING DAY ROSTERS within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 04-01-2018, 03:25 PM   #1
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0
MLB ON FOX: 2018 OPENING DAY ROSTERS

This roster project called MLB ON FOX: 2018 Opening Day Rosters are being worked on by only 2 people so of course our release date is a little longer than your OSFM, HYBRID or any other rosters.

ROSTER COMPLETION % - 62.0

I have been doing rosters since probably the Sega days and I am very knowledgeable about baseball. I take my knowledge and passion for the game and put that into these rosters. You can expect full accuracy, detailed of players information, ages, equipment and appearance.

* This project is based off using the DEFAULT ROSTERS.

* These will have the Live Series Ratings staying with the
San Diego Studio formula.

* All
San Diego Studio players are being re-rated using the Live Series ratings and any created players added by San Diego Studio during there weekly updates will also get the Live Series Ratings.

* All other players not added by
San Diego Studio will have projected ratings added, but I have a formula of my own that I will use to rate them how San Diego Studio rates there own players.

* Rotations, Bullpens and Lineups will be set for the MLB only. These will be accurate as of Opening Day 3/29/2018.

* All Pitching motions and Batter stances will be updated if the player does not have his own currently in the game.

* If a players stance or pitch motion is on the game I try to keep it a close to that as possible, but if there is a better stance or motion available I will preview those and make a decision if a change needs to be made.

* All minor league teams except single a will have exactly who they should have as of Opening Day 2018 regardless if a guy is older, a career minor league player etc.. If there on the roster in real life I add them I don't keep a player off these rosters to make room for another younger player.

Step 1: (Completed)

* Remove all fake players including
San Diego Studio developers who were added to the game by importing my DEFAULT PITCHER and DEFAULT BATTER I made over those players.

Step 2: (Completed)

* Set the 25 Man MLB rosters first with what I have saved from March 29th PC folder. Import any missing players that made there teams Opening Day Roster.

(a) Then make sure to check jersey numbers, height and weight, age, location and there names are added to the data base

(b) Make sure all pitchers have the 3/4 sleeves.

(c) Make sure all batters have the "Above elbows" shirts.

STEP 3: (Will Be Done Last)

Enter in the PITCH EDITS for all the pitchers on the 25 man roster & any other pitchers added in the official SCEA roster updates using my own MLB ON FOX: 2018 PITCH EDITS guide before I add any minor league created pitchers to this roster.

STEP 4: (Will Be Done Next To Last)

Begin re-rating all the real players using the Live Series Ratings before I import any created players onto this roster set.

Step 5:
(Completed)

* Set the 25 Man AAA rosters with what I have saved from March 29th PC folder. Import any missing players that made there teams AAA Roster and be sure to add in there projected ratings and do PITCH EDITS for the pitchers imported onto roster.

(a) Then make sure to check jersey numbers, height and weight, age and make sure there names added to the data base.

STEP 6:
(Completed)

Set the 25 Man AA rosters with what I have saved from March 29th PC folder. Import any missing players that made there teams AA Roster and be sure to add in there projected ratings and do PITCH EDITS for the pitchers imported onto roster.

(a) Then make sure to check jersey numbers, height and weight, age and make sure there names added to the data base.

Step 7:

Fill the final spots in Single A with players from MLB 25 MAN, AAA and AA who were on the 7-10 day DL or injured for a long time. I will try to work in younger prospects for (A) ball.

STEP 8: (Some Equipment May Be Done Later)

Equipment will be done for active MLB players, players who have debut or who has played during the 2018 season.

* All other players who have not played in the 2018 active roster will keep there stocked equipment.

Step 9:

Add in any veteran players that
San Diego Studio added in there official updates that have career stats and teams they played for into these rosters.

* Most if not all veteran players will have there correct career teams and real career stats.

Step 10: (In Progress)

The final step will be entering in all real contracts using Cot's Baseball Contracts for all players at the MLB level and maybe a few players in the minors who have real contracts but who are injured.

* I know how to give the exact value Cot's has listed to a players contract on the game.

All other minor league players will be given $540K.
==================================================

* I want to send a special thanks to Showtyme for helping me get the veteran players with correct service time. Now veteran players now having correct teams played for and having stats on there player card instead of a bunch of zeros.

* A special thanks to seanjeezy for the last several years going back to 2012-2015 for his quality work with his pitch edits. I would not have been able to figure out how to go about doing my own PITCH EDIT CHART without seanjeezy guide so thank you to seanjeezy.

Thank You to all the great CAP (CREATE-A-PLAYER) makers:

* AROID1313

* MOTOWN81

Last edited by Houston; 06-20-2018 at 02:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2018, 02:07 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: MLB ON FOX: 2018 OPENING DAY ROSTERS

hope you just play, lol.
great work you always do, and thanks.
Old 04-04-2018, 05:50 PM   #3
MVP

Houston's Arena

I have updated the Completion % and will continue to do that as other steps get completed. Step 1 has been completed. I am also including a list of developer names and you-tubers SDS has added to this years game in case anyone wants to use these players, but they will not be on this roster set.

DEVELOPER NAMES FOUND ON MLB THE SHOW 18

YANKEES: #95 CF Luis Martinez - Associate Designer.

RAYS:
#98 2B Ramone Russell - Community Manager.
RAYS: #82 2B - Asad Qizilbash - Vice President, Marketing Exclusive Games & World Wide Studios IP Expansion at Sony Interactive Entertainment.

TIGERS:
#92 SP Kirby St. John - Commentary/Stances SCEA Developer.
TIGERS: #82 2B Jesse Agler - San Diego Padres Broadcaster.

ROYALS: # 95 1B Michael King - Analysis at Sony Computer Entertainment America.
ROYALS: #93 1B Mike Compton - Commentary & Crowd - SCEA Developer.
ROYALS: #88 2B Steve Merka - Senior Game Designer at Sony Computer Entertainment. [He is editable with 0.000 service time]
ROYALS: #11 SS Brett Barrett - Is a YOU-TUBER.

TWINS: #94 3B Kyle Blake (aka Kyle 2.0) - Production Tester & Road to the Show Designer. [He is editable with 0.000 service time]

ATHLETICS: #88 RF Mike Webster - Sony Computer Entertainment America director of marketing.

ASTROS: #88 2B Lorne Asuncion - Senior Game Designer ‎at Sony Computer Entertainment America.
ASTROS: #82 RF Chris Mazzo - No idea who this is but is a "Fake Player".

PHILLIES: #90 2B Matt Schaeffer - Production Tester & Franchise Designer.

CARDINALS: #75 2B Brooklyn Bridges - Is a Road to the Show YOU-TUBER.

ROCKIES: #99 SP Todd Liss - "Skipper" of marketing for @mlbtheshow.
ROCKIES: #84 CF Doug Veney - Is a YOU-TUBER.

DODGERS: #85 RF Kyle Saul - Associate Producer at Sony Interactive Entertainment.

MID-CENTURY GROUNDBREAKERS: #96 RP Marc Fellows - Contingent Game Test Analyst.
MID-CENTURY GROUNDBREAKERS: #96 CF Scott Rohde - Senior Director of the San Diego Studios.
MID-CENTURY GROUNDBREAKERS: #99 RF Chris Cutliff - Director of Production.

EXPANSION ERA BOOMERS: #87 1B Jody Kelsey - Sr. Producer with SCEA in San Diego Ca. [He is editable with 0.028 service time]
EXPANSION ERA BOOMERS: #91 SS Darin Hoffman - Senior Software Engineer.
EXPANSION ERA BOOMERS: #90 RF Nick Livingston - Lead Game Designer at PlayStation's San Diego Studio.

LONG BALL BEASTS: #77 RP Paul Hainey - Sr. Manager Art Development - ‎Sony Computer Entertainment America.
LONG BALL BEASTS: #74 RP SP Jeff Ullman - Senior Programmer at SCEA, Senior Programmer at Sony Computer Entertainment America.
LONG BALL BEASTS: #89 3B Jason Villa - Senior Producer at Sony Computer Entertainment America.
LONG BALL BEASTS: #80 RF Aaron Luke - Lead Test Engineer at SCEA.

[This list was finalized on 4/4/2018]

Last edited by Houston; 04-04-2018 at 06:00 PM.
Old 04-04-2018, 07:21 PM   #4
Rookie

nycyankeefan52's Arena

OVR: 2

Was there ever a finished roster for MLB 17 ? I've never seen one posted.Let me know if it's out there.Thanks.
Old 04-05-2018, 01:34 AM   #5
MVP

Houston's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycyankeefan52
Was there ever a finished roster for MLB 17 ? I've never seen one posted.Let me know if it's out there.Thanks.
Unfortunately it did not get completed as much as we would have liked due to the hurricane we had and the setbacks from all of that. There was quiet a bit that did get done before the nasty hurricane. We worked on it a little by little here and there, but still some stuff to do to have them completed. It is only me and a good friend who work on MLB ON FOX ROSTERS. We have discussed trying to finish that set as well, but the main goal is to get the MLB ON FOX: 2018 OPENING DAY ROSTERS out as soon as we can.

I do not have a time table for completion for this set so please anyone asking when these will be done there is no time frame set.

I am not going to make any promises but we will try to release both sets this year.

2017 OPENING DAY ROSTERS: for guys who didn't get MLB 18 and decided to stick with MLB 17. When we release it if we are able to do both, you guys can feel free to update those on your own to represent 2018 rosters.

2018 OPENING DAY ROSTERS: This set is our #1 priority this year and we will do everything we can to get them out as quickly as possible this year.

Last edited by Houston; 04-05-2018 at 01:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2018, 02:39 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Looks like there are less devs included than past years

A Work in Progress
Old 04-08-2018, 10:28 PM   #7
MVP

Houston's Arena

caldi06

I seen your post before you deleted it and I do agree some pitchers do wear short sleeves or almost no sleeves at all. Arrieta, Verlander etc.

I will look into this later on when it's time to do equipment and give the pitchers what there actually wearing , but my equipment will be based off of April 2018 only as these rosters are meant for OPENING DAY.

Old 04-09-2018, 11:58 AM   #8
Rookie

didnt you put it the 17 version in the vault at one time i thought i download it

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »