Home

A Necessary Evil For us ole timers

This is a discussion on A Necessary Evil For us ole timers within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2018, 09:48 AM   #1
OuttaNaptown

punx317's Arena

OVR: 0
A Necessary Evil For us ole timers

There's a lot of things I like and don't like about diamond dynasty. A huge downfall is roster variety, teams all generally look the same about mid summer. The sportsmanship of your opponent is that of a goon most often however, it has a huge redeeming for us old folks. You don't have to waste time simulating or training like franchise models. Diamond dynasty is great for the folks that have very little time to play video games due to work and family and just wanna play baseball it's unfortunate that grinders and cash ample god squads waste time between fun games. Well accept when you beat up on a God squad thars fun.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2018, 11:45 AM   #2
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Re: A Necessary Evil For us ole timers

Quote:
Originally Posted by punx317
There's a lot of things I like and don't like about diamond dynasty. A huge downfall is roster variety, teams all generally look the same about mid summer. The sportsmanship of your opponent is that of a goon most often however, it has a huge redeeming for us old folks. You don't have to waste time simulating or training like franchise models. Diamond dynasty is great for the folks that have very little time to play video games due to work and family and just wanna play baseball it's unfortunate that grinders and cash ample god squads waste time between fun games. Well accept when you beat up on a God squad thars fun.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app

I just play DD offline but so far this year offline has not been compelling to me. Frustrating player missions in conquest. Conquest extreme that pretty much will require you play on Legend or Hall of Fame difficulty. No team epics (yet), no career missions. An April program that requires not just online play but online victories.

I just see very little to motivate me. Yes, I would love to have that immortal Babe card as well as the immortal Gibson some day but I know that if I don't buy stubs or spend large amount of time flipping cards on the market that they are out of reach.

Last edited by Dolenz; 04-05-2018 at 12:45 PM.
Old 04-05-2018, 12:40 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
I just play DD offline but so far this year offline has not been compelling to me. Frustrating player missions in conquest. Conquest extreme that pretty much will require you play on Legend or Hall of Fame difficulty. No team epics (yet), no career missions. An April program that requires not just online play but online victories.

I just see very little to motivate me. Yes, I would love to have that immortal Babe card as well as the immortal Gibson but I know that if I don't buy stubs or spend large amount of time flipping cards on the market that they are out of reach.
This is exactly my issue this year. I'm not good and I don't play more than an hour or two a night so I've just finished Conquest and all those missions. But now without team epics I'm feeling like I'm out of things to do right now, other than grinding vs. CPU games just for stats which I'm not a huge fan of. Hoping team epics come either this week or next or else I might be putting this game down for awhile and not sure when I will pick it up again.
Old 04-05-2018, 12:46 PM   #4
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuditMonkey
This is exactly my issue this year. I'm not good and I don't play more than an hour or two a night so I've just finished Conquest and all those missions. But now without team epics I'm feeling like I'm out of things to do right now, other than grinding vs. CPU games just for stats which I'm not a huge fan of. Hoping team epics come either this week or next or else I might be putting this game down for awhile and not sure when I will pick it up again.
Congrats on finishing the player missions. Some of those seem like more of a grind than the conquest mode itself.
Old 04-05-2018, 01:03 PM   #5
Rookie

They were not easy, took way longer than I expected but now I'm wishing I had more to do hahaha...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2018, 01:09 PM   #6
Banned

I usually avoid missions and such. I've just been building my team and playing Conquest and Battle Royale. I';m also trying my hand at the Current event, which is playing with a team with a 70 OVR team.

If there is a card I want, I will grind and earn the stubbs to buy it in the auction house. Don't care about collecting, at all.

I'm absolutely loving DD this year.
Old 04-05-2018, 01:24 PM   #7
Pro

Clarityman's Arena

OVR: 5

I miss the Team Epics as well. It gave you a reason outside of Conquest to play teams around the league multiple times, kinda like DD's version of your own controllable season.

It's frustrating. The gameplay (well, besides pitch speed) is so much better this year, and many glitches were fixed, but they removed much of what made last year's game a classic.
Old 04-05-2018, 01:50 PM   #8
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Am I the only one who doesn't understand what the necessary evil OP refers to or the general meaning of this thread?

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »