Home

stats/standings overhaul??

This is a discussion on stats/standings overhaul?? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2018, 12:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
stats/standings overhaul??

Hey all, do i need to put this in the 2019 wish list? Probably so...anyway would anyone else like to see stat tracking updated?

1) more standings..a).vs each time (like rtts player) b) when leading/trailing After 8/9 c) one run games d) blowouts e) ect....vs lhp/tho

2) TEAM STATS!!! not in a fonty style like has been but listed all on one page like nba2k, where you can see all teams stats for particular category.

3) Currently there is no team stats for vs lh/rh hitting and pitching. To me this is unacceptable.

4) what happened to the team totalizer on the bottom of the player stats page? At least there showed the teams cumulative stats with lhp/rhp stats.

5) track more individual stats. A) pitches thrown per inning b) avg pitches seen by batter in at bat c) inherited runners scored percentage d) first pitch strike percent e) avg mph of each ball put in play, since they show this.

6) more team stats....bullpen era and starters era...risp avg.

7) player stats in certain counts, situations. Smilar to what mlb2k did. Counts shouldn't be too difficult but maybe situations might be?

I don't feel like any of this would be too terribly difficult to keep totals of since it's all tracked anyway. Anyone else feel this way? I love this version more than any other but I am a stat freak and would love to see them add more stats and standings !!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2018, 04:41 AM   #2
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: stats/standings overhaul??

I think SDS lacks statheads in their dev team. Despite the gameplay being pretty sim oriented and yielding statistically pretty solid results, their UI tends not to cater to the nerds (like me) who enjoy looking through baseball stats just for the sake of looking at baseball stats. As anyone who loves baseball know, there are many fans in this category (hence sports analytics flourished earlier than in other sports). I've made similar requests in the past, but almost nothing has happened and the stats that can be viewed today are pretty similar to what we could see in MLB 10. Very slow progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockdogg
4) what happened to the team totalizer on the bottom of the player stats page? At least there showed the teams cumulative stats with lhp/rhp stats.
Something like this is such a glaring omission that makes me question those who have designed the season/franchise modes actually play the game themselves. Do they ever not wonder how the team is performing? It's the accumulation of those little elements that has made me lose confidence in the direction in which the franchise is heading right now.
Old 04-07-2018, 02:12 PM   #3
Rookie

I would like them to show awards when u click on there player card

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-07-2018, 02:21 PM   #4
Pro

A few years ago they asked for some input in this department and as far as I can tell, didn't change anything.

The team ranking screens are just horrendous...very little information on the screen, so I suggested a team total screen - sortable just like player totals where you could filter according to league, division, etc...and see all team total statistics for all teams. It could replace the team rankings if made sortable. Didn't seem like a tall order, but no dice.

Lets' face it, we're a minority that has lost significance in their eyes.

Last edited by JTommy67; 04-07-2018 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-07-2018, 04:04 PM   #5
Banned

Steven78's Arena

Maybe if it made them money they'd add it.

For a baseball game to be so lacking in stats that are important is absolutely ridiculous and they've done literally nothing to make it better.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2018, 04:34 PM   #6
Rookie

Wow, several replies...im not alone!! I was beginning to feel like I was crazy wanting all these stats. I will reply more later, but I do really love this version I just wish they would update stats a little.
Old 04-07-2018, 04:39 PM   #7
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

The stat tracking in this game is not where it needs to be. But, they have increased it (what, 2-3 years ago?) somewhat recently. It's only been since MLB 16 where you've been able to see more than HR/RBI/R/AVG and W/L/ERA/K on the MLB player cards. They also added their proprietary version of WAR (has anyone figured out their calculation yet?).

SDS has been VERY late to the party with stat tracking, but it used to be way worse. Still, MiLB stats not being on the cards, having a player dealt in season read "TOT" for the season instead of breaking it down by team, not having team totals easy to access, and the advanced stats really not mattering as far as AI are some of the more indefensible issues that remain.
Old 04-07-2018, 04:46 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTommy67
A few years ago they asked for some input in this department and as far as I can tell, didn't change anything.

The team ranking screens are just horrendous...very little information on the screen, so I suggested a team total screen - sortable just like player totals where you could filter according to league, division, etc...and see all team total statistics for all teams. It could replace the team rankings if made sortable. Didn't seem like a tall order, but no dice.

Lets' face it, we're a minority that has lost significance in their eyes.
Yes, exactly. I would have been happy with SOMETHING. I am trying to throw out feelers on Facebook message, praising the game (because it is absolutely awesome) and if they respond, Then asking about stat/standing addition, or what would be best way to send in request for this to happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »