Home

As an online player fastballs in this game are DOA

This is a discussion on As an online player fastballs in this game are DOA within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2018, 10:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
As an online player fastballs in this game are DOA

I play DD and online ranked with regular teams, and this year it seems kinda hard to work off the fastball. Which makes pitching kind of hard. Anyone else seeing this or have a certain way they set up hitters?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2018, 12:21 AM   #2
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Re: As an online player fastballs in this game are DOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guys_WhoGame
I play DD and online ranked with regular teams, and this year it seems kinda hard to work off the fastball. Which makes pitching kind of hard. Anyone else seeing this or have a certain way they set up hitters?
Havent played online this year, but Ive pretty much always felt people just sit on fastballs and never adjust or do anything for the most part. This game online plays so far from actual baseball that its not even funny
Old 04-07-2018, 01:12 AM   #3
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
Havent played online this year, but Ive pretty much always felt people just sit on fastballs and never adjust or do anything for the most part. This game online plays so far from actual baseball that its not even funny
Fastballs online are slow. real slow. like, 101 is 89 slow.
Old 04-07-2018, 06:22 AM   #4
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Yea they need to up the speed IMO. As of right now there is no incentive to throw many fastballs. Some people legit throw under 10% fastballs which is an absolutely absurd number.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 04-08-2018, 02:16 PM   #5
Rookie

This years game is unplayable online terrible defense, the fast ball isn't effective, the PCI moves way to far. I have always felt they should have ranked seasons spilt based upon the type of hitting you use. It was way to easy to abuse directional hitting frustrating that these same issues come up year in and year out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2018, 02:10 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

Yeah, it seems like the whole pitcher animation itself and then the pitch is just slowed down for some reason. I thought maybe it was a result of connectivity issues, but I’m seeing the same thing. It’s unplayable, and I've had to stop playing online ranked, and just stick to missions in DD now.

Maybe they’ll adjust it?
Old 04-15-2018, 08:21 AM   #7
Rookie

I've also had to quit playing on line. The variables are too much. I don't feel like anything I do really impacts the game. If I like the PCI up perfectly I am lining out to someone. My best hits are ones that probably shouldn't have an exit velocity of what they do. It's very frustrating all the bandaids they are trying to throw on online play because they won't get to the root of the issue. Buckshot is still the worst PCI because you're making way too much contact and bad contact. You can't throw anything up in the zone, because again, buckshot pci sets it up perfectly and the top of the zone and the slowed down fastballs get hit a long way.

They've essentially taken away the upper half of the strike zone and fastballs in online play. The throwing urgency is terrible. If you use accuracy meter on defense you can bet your defenders won't do a jump throw or get that 31 speed batter at first after a grounder in the hole at short.

To take away Online Franchise because they couldn't get the new net code to handle and this be what online play is like is a real slap in the face.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:22 AM   #8
Rookie

This is the first year that I'm having an issue being early on fastballs, I can't seem to make myself wait long enough on anything. I know I need to adjust but the last couple of patches have definitely made the pitch speed slower overall than it was at launch.

On a somewhat related note, is anyone seeing weird PCI behavior? For example, the swing analysis is showing instances where the PCI is jumping up on pitches where my swing timing is late. I'm also seeing it jump up on good timing swings, which is giving me unwanted results. It isn't happening all the time, but frequently enough for me to notice. It just sucks because there isn't anything you can do about it.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »