Home

Team epics

This is a discussion on Team epics within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2018, 08:13 PM   #1
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0
Team epics

So they've started to leak the rewards for the team epics through their chosen "partners" on social media and I have to say it's hugely underwhelming. Much like the atrocious team collection rewards, the players you get look pretty terrible. The Cubs final reward is a garbage 82 Matt Garza for example, who looks absolutely unusable.

I've no idea what they are playing at this year. I was really looking forward to the team epics as for offline players there is a desperate shortage of things to do, but if the rewards are terrible then what is the point?

We'll probably soon find out that every team epic requires trading in a huge amount of jerseys, hats, autographs, bobbleheads and any other useless nonsense they can come up with

Last edited by BigOscar; 04-10-2018 at 08:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2018, 08:22 PM   #2
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Re: Team epics

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
So they've started to leak the rewards for the team epics through their chosen stooges on social media and I have to say it's hugely underwhelming. Much like the atrocious team collection rewards, the players you get look pretty terrible. The Cubs final reward is a garbage 82 Matt Garza for example, who looks absolutely unusable.

I've no idea what they are playing at this year. I was really looking forward to the team epics as for offline players there is a desperate shortage of things to do, but if the rewards are terrible then what is the point?

We'll probably soon find out that every team epic requires trading in a huge amount of jerseys, hats, autographs, bobbleheads and any other useless nonsense they can come up with
Apparently you dont need all the players to do team epics, so it seems like they are all going to be pretty underwhelming.

Then there will be backlash and people complaining.

Then Sony will add in Extreme Epics come September for better cards. Calling it now.
Old 04-10-2018, 08:29 PM   #3
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
Apparently you dont need all the players to do team epics, so it seems like they are all going to be pretty underwhelming.

Then there will be backlash and people complaining.

Then Sony will add in Extreme Epics come September for better cards. Calling it now.
I'd put money on "you don't need to spend stubs collecting the whole set of players" is replaced with "you need to spend stubs collecting useless apparel to trade in".

At least when you collected the players last year you actually had the players, then you got rewarded with a very good card. This year you end up with nothing to show for it, and if yo do collect the teams the rewards are awful.

Not a fan of this years DD implementation tbh, I like the layered missions angle but everything is done so badly. So many bad decisions have been made
Old 04-10-2018, 08:37 PM   #4
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

It's my first year with DD so ignorance is bliss I guess. I'm having fun knocking out objectives and making stubs along the way. Already up to like 35k stubs and grinding out some diamond cards.

Just gotta find opportunities in the market to work. I found a method that is absolutely killing it for me.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 04-10-2018, 08:43 PM   #5
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

That sounds a lot like the team collection rewards.
Collect the Phillies with 0 Diamond, 3 Gold? 86 overall Richie Ashburn
Collect the Mets with 2 Pricey Diamonds, and a couple Golds? 83 David Wright
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2018, 08:45 PM   #6
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
So they've started to leak the rewards for the team epics through their chosen stooges on social media and I have to say it's hugely underwhelming. Much like the atrocious team collection rewards, the players you get look pretty terrible. The Cubs final reward is a garbage 82 Matt Garza for example, who looks absolutely unusable.

I'm sorry - Would you like to reword the first line?

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 04-10-2018, 08:49 PM   #7
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
I'm sorry - Would you like to reword the first line?
Fine "Sony Partners" I believe is the chosen term? Not entirely sure what that is, some kind of agreement to promote the game in exchange for benefits? Stooge is probably harsh, I have no idea who any of these people are or what their relationship/agreement is.
Old 04-10-2018, 08:53 PM   #8
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Fine "Sony Partners" I believe is the chosen term? Not entirely sure what that is, some kind of agreement to promote the game in exchange for benefits? Stooge is probably harsh, I have no idea who any of these people are or what their relationship/agreement is.
Well...you're responding to one

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »