Home

Our Madden NFL 19 Wishlist - What's on Yours?

This is a discussion on Our Madden NFL 19 Wishlist - What's on Yours? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2018, 08:00 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Our Madden NFL 19 Wishlist - What's on Yours?

Despite some fairly significant strides in cleaning up legacy issues and core gameplay mechanics, the Madden...

Written By: Ben Vollmer

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2018, 08:52 PM   #2
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Our Madden NFL 19 Wishlist - What's on Yours?

Agree on the redzone stuff, but also in general short yardage situations need some work. In real football, short yardage situations and fighting for every yard is one of the more exciting things. Piles of bodies inching toward a first down or end zone. Would love to see that appear in the game and also bring out the chains again.

#1 on my list is also adaptive AI

But a close second is what 2K does with full team and league customization. I love that I can create a fully custom league, make my own uniforms, make my own logos and such and use them. Bring back Team Builder but take it a step further. I'd love to make a custom league with *gasp* XFL, Arena, High School or NCAA teams.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:00 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
The top of my list is a more involved,* organic, and enjoyable career mode.* There's so much potential.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:20 PM   #4
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

For those of us including myself who like to assign all 32 teams to be controlled by the CPU and watch the games as simulations on offline franchise, I'd like to see the setup being simplified. Instead of having to setup 32 profiles, set the game speed to super slow, etc, just make the start up screen where you select the teams you want to control (as few as 1 to all 32). At the start of every week, select the games you want to play or watch, and move the controller to the center where the CPU plays itself.

I'd also like to see fully customized draft classes and coaching staffs that you can access from the vault.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:44 PM   #5
Rookie

jbrock11's Arena

Meh, I've given up on Madden. EA has shown they are incapable of making a good football game. The only hope is if OOTP can make something similar to their baseball game with OOTP Football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2018, 10:52 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOrangeVol4Life
For those of us including myself who like to assign all 32 teams to be controlled by the CPU and watch the games as simulations on offline franchise, I'd like to see the setup being simplified. Instead of having to setup 32 profiles, set the game speed to super slow, etc, just make the start up screen where you select the teams you want to control (as few as 1 to all 32). At the start of every week, select the games you want to play or watch, and move the controller to the center where the CPU plays itself.

I'd also like to see fully customized draft classes and coaching staffs that you can access from the vault.
Totally agree. I also have all 32 Teams User Controlled. Unfortunately this means when playing a game you don’t get score updates from other games around the league. A simple option such as in NBA 2K where you tick which game/games you want to play in would be a nice addition & one that I can’t imagine being too difficult to implement.
Madden NFL has by far the worst Franchise Mode experience of any of the main stream games. Sluggish Menus, Poor layout, Uninformative & repetitive News Screen....
Everything becomes a drag within the mode to the point that you can’t be bothered & you just skip through stuff which ultimately leads to a lack of immersion.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:11 PM   #7
Rookie

I just get a kick out of people saying the game does artificial things like boost ratings. I'd like to ask the many people who think this, you don't thinkcoaches play a big part in having their teams prepared for you their opponent? You don't think Bill Belichick has his team prepared for everything you do or might do to his team and individual players? I get that chess match from Madden but to play chess you first have to understand the chess pieces!*
Old 04-12-2018, 11:33 PM   #8
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

I would say fix the cfm where once u have everything set up the cmp changes then once u start like depth charts etc.

Also change the pre season in cfm... Its dumb that once u get into second quarter only the 2nd string guys come in for rest of games...no 3rd and 4th string guys.

Now I'm a roster guy I like creating the draft classes etc every yr we should first have 90 man rosters ...second the salary cap shouldn't!!!! Be on outside of cfm...its hard to get accurate rosters when u run into u can't sign so and so because of the cap!!!!

Also bring the full player edit outside of cfm.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »