Home

Konami and UEFA Champions League Parting Ways, PES Will Not Lose Any Team Licenses

This is a discussion on Konami and UEFA Champions League Parting Ways, PES Will Not Lose Any Team Licenses within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2018, 11:24 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Konami and UEFA Champions League Parting Ways, PES Will Not Lose Any Team Licenses

It seems a pretty big license just opened up as UEFA and Konami announced they are...

Written By: Chris Sanner

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2018, 01:54 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Konami and UEFA Parting Ways

"Of course the series’ gameplay, a favorite amongst many, won’t be changing no matter which licenses are held by PES"

That was 10 years ago now? Anyway that's terrible news. I don't mean the loss of the licence, I mean the fact that gameplay won't be changing.
Old 04-19-2018, 03:21 AM   #3
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

Re: Konami and UEFA Parting Ways

Horrible news. When they bought the license for PES 2009 I was so happy that Konami were actually going to implement the tournament into Master League instead of selling a totally separate Champions League game every few years or so like the other company.

This also explains the reasons why UEFA didn't list "Officially Sponsored UCL Videogames" on their sponsorship/partner renewal agendas (found here).

Also, the last portion of the press release suggests we may not see the CL in any game for a while:

Jonas Lygaard, senior director of brand & business development for Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. said: "The UEFA Champions League licence has given us a platform to create unique experiences and provide football fans from all over the world with an opportunity to enjoy this competition first-hand.

"This year, however, we will shift our focus into other areas. We will continue to explore alternative ways UEFA and Konami can continue to work together, as our relationship remains strong."
Old 04-19-2018, 09:41 AM   #4
MVP

lareka's Arena

Re: Konami and UEFA Champions League Parting Ways

They needed more licenses to compete with FIFA but they lost their strongest license that they had in hand.. WOW. That's pretty bad news for PES
Old 04-19-2018, 12:25 PM   #5
Rookie

tfcfan4life's Arena

This is pretty big news and bad news as well. Having the license added so much to the game and implementation into the master league. I hate generic cups and competitions. Maybe Fifa will pick up this license for their game now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2018, 01:52 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

We'll see what they do with the free'd up resources. Who cares about CL when no one plays ML because it's so broken? You can't even use the CL ball in friendlies when playing against pals at your house.
Old 04-19-2018, 02:10 PM   #7
Rookie

TSGuy's Arena

Damn, I loved the CL integration in Master League man..this grows the list of things to mod for modders to mod next year. This is pretty bad news.
Old 04-19-2018, 04:57 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 4

Devastating, if not catastrophic to PES. And the comments section isn't showing on the main page where the story is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »