Home

Ruby Michael Jordan Reward Card is Downright Disrespectful

This is a discussion on Ruby Michael Jordan Reward Card is Downright Disrespectful within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2018, 12:22 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Ruby Michael Jordan Reward Card is Downright Disrespectful

Looking at these attribute ratings, I have to ask 2K, who is this guy wearing #23 on the Chicago Bulls? Because it sure as heck isn't Michael Jeffrey Jordan!

85 stamina, 75 driving dunk, 35 contact dunk, mediocre dunk tendencies that cause him to attempt more layups than dunks, athleticism ratings in the mid-80s, 63 post control, no post badges, only 5 actual badges (not counting personality badges), and to top it all off, he has the default big man post fadeaway animation instead of the signature Jordan fadeaway animation that he's supposed to have if you've ever used any version of MJ in any other 2K game mode.

The list of cheap shooting guard cards that you can buy on the auction house for less than the cost of the 5,000 MT Ron Harper card that you'll need to start the 5-part MJ challenge series is longer than I could fit into a single post, but here is a small sampling:

Amethyst John Starks, ruby J.R. Smith, ruby Donovan Mitchell, ruby Iman Shumpert, ruby Dion Waiters, ruby Klay Thompson, ruby Eddie Jones, ruby Ray Allen, ruby Jerry Stackhouse, ruby Will Barton, ruby Victor Oladipo, et al. I would not hesitate to put any of those good-to-great shooting guards in my lineup over this butchered version of the GOAT shooting guard. Why did y'all disrespect the GOAT like this, 2K?

Why is it that y'all can give people a 99 overall Lonzo Ball card with fake, make-believe scoring attributes just for stalking your twitter account and being A+ locker code typers, but you can't bring yourself to give a decently rated, accurately represented Michael Jordan card as a reward to the people who actually play the content you put out?

At least the rookie Michael Jordan gold card that we got as a preorder bonus for NBA 2K16 had viscous dunk animations and was super athletic; I enjoyed using him all year long in 2K16 MyTeam, as his freakish athleticism and 36 badges (!!!) made him a viable option all the way up to the top seed of Road to the Playoffs mode. But this 2K18 ruby reward MJ card can't dunk, can't shoot, and can't post up, so he isn't going to make anyone's lineup at this point in the year, and he wouldn't even have been a relevant card at the start of the year, when you could've been using ruby Rex Chapman, ruby Darrell Griffith, or ruby Isaiah Rider instead.

Last edited by jyoung; 04-28-2018 at 01:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2018, 08:27 AM   #2
MVP

justlaze's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ruby Michael Jordan Reward Card is Downright Disrespectful

Lowkey I'm sure that this cards' purpose is only "unlocking" some future challenge for a high tier card. Think 95% of the people only hyped on the Twitter message and don't intend to use him anyway... doesn't make it better tho. Their are tons of overpowered rubies flying around...why not show MJ some respect? Ask LD...no wait he left the sinking ship....
Old 09-12-2018, 02:55 PM   #3
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
I'm sure that this cards' purpose is only "unlocking" some future challenge for a high tier card.
Totally agree, plus - we're only at the beginning.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:04 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenDonkeys
Totally agree, plus - we're only at the beginning.
Thanks for the laughs man. This is a 2k18 thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »