Home

Pls provide a video on how to deal with forward moving opponents who come at you with

This is a discussion on Pls provide a video on how to deal with forward moving opponents who come at you with within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2018, 02:30 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Pls provide a video on how to deal with forward moving opponents who come at you with

I haven't been playing for while because ...of the above captioned issue . It seems like fights go like this now .

Jab ...jab ... straight ...repeat until block is depleted .

Once your opponent turtles up ...walk them down with forward moving strikes . Till you get a knock down / health event etc . It seems like fighters with stamina perks are like the Terminator .

Now before you start with the sway back and straight or minor or major sways to counter . Can someone please post a video teaching me of how to deal with these guys like not in practice mode but against other players ... consistently being the key word . I've been searching on you tube all day from MMs channel to the rest ...I have to seen anything that helps .

In my mind I play realistically ...I don't have to be a fighter to know that I can't move forward and throw continuous combos with out breaking my stride or resetting my stance or my placement of my feet . So I don't do it .

Someone teach me ...I would appreciate it .

Sent from my Infinix Zero 4 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2018, 02:35 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Pls provide a video on how to deal with forward moving opponents who come at you

I apologise for the wordings of the topic ...I typed a full sentence don't know what happened to the rest of it ...

Old 05-05-2018, 03:00 PM   #3
Banned

Re: Pls provide a video on how to deal with forward moving opponents who come at you

I don't have video cuz I am not that tech...but basically back up...or depending don't move and block. Then they will have depleted stamina. Go to the body. I might get rocked in rd possibly. But...by mid rd 2 they will slow down and you can mount your own offense.

The other idea is time the jab, slip and uppercut. They won't want to keep eating that.
Old 05-05-2018, 03:25 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPSPunk
I don't have video cuz I am not that tech...but basically back up...or depending don't move and block. Then they will have depleted stamina. Go to the body. I might get rocked in rd possibly. But...by mid rd 2 they will slow down and you can mount your own offense.

The other idea is time the jab, slip and uppercut. They won't want to keep eating that.
That won't work against Ferguson , might mouse , taxeira and bisping . These guys seem to have mad short term stamina where they can throw non stop strikes . Once your block is depleted .

They just come at you throwing bombs . Can't go the body as you will eat an upper cut .

Sometimes I take a Gamble and I sway and make em miss when they run out of short term stamina other times I get caught .

But it's just crazy ...once I'm against the cage I have to panic wrestle even when I know it will be denied costing me long term stamina . Which ain't even important as fights never go past the 2nd round .

Once your block gets broken down by jabs it's only a matter of time .

Old 05-05-2018, 03:40 PM   #5
MVP

In ufc 2 it was about how many dangerous strikes can I throw at my opponent while mitigating the risk of gassing( short term stamina ) but getting the reward of a health event .

UFC 3 the current build is something else .

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2018, 05:37 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo
That won't work against Ferguson , might mouse , taxeira and bisping . These guys seem to have mad short term stamina where they can throw non stop strikes . Once your block is depleted .

They just come at you throwing bombs . Can't go the body as you will eat an upper cut .

Sometimes I take a Gamble and I sway and make em miss when they run out of short term stamina other times I get caught .

But it's just crazy ...once I'm against the cage I have to panic wrestle even when I know it will be denied costing me long term stamina . Which ain't even important as fights never go past the 2nd round .

Once your block gets broken down by jabs it's only a matter of time .

Mighty Mouse is a totally different story. I try to create space jab body kick. then 1,2....but I don't have a good answer for you on that one.

As far as the other guys...pressure them forward and cutoff the cage...when there back is to the cage shoot in for a shot. Even if they don't get it you will be on the cage. let them waste stamina by brining you to undercooks....as soon as you see this start doing the throw...its not preloaded...but you will be faster if you start it before you are even in position. Now they are on the ground....go to town. I recommend working over the body.

From there repeat that...eventually the stamina will slowly weaken from this. When you get them on the cage a second time go for the double or single leg.

the third time go for double undercooks then thai clinch either knee the body or elbow the head.
Old 05-05-2018, 05:49 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo
I haven't been playing for while because ...of the above captioned issue . It seems like fights go like this now .

Jab ...jab ... straight ...repeat until block is depleted .

Once your opponent turtles up ...walk them down with forward moving strikes . Till you get a knock down / health event etc . It seems like fighters with stamina perks are like the Terminator .

Now before you start with the sway back and straight or minor or major sways to counter . Can someone please post a video teaching me of how to deal with these guys like not in practice mode but against other players ... consistently being the key word . I've been searching on you tube all day from MMs channel to the rest ...I have to seen anything that helps .

In my mind I play realistically ...I don't have to be a fighter to know that I can't move forward and throw continuous combos with out breaking my stride or resetting my stance or my placement of my feet . So I don't do it .

Someone teach me ...I would appreciate it .

If there just throwing jabs and straights and even uppercuts

just spam the little lunges move the left stick up and down fast dont strike

please let me know if that helped
Old 05-05-2018, 05:52 PM   #8
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

There are some on these forums who believe outside fighting is OP. Maybe they can help you out with this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »