Home

Watch "EA SPORTS UFC 3 | High Level Striking Meta Explained [RANKED] | MUST SEE (Get

This is a discussion on Watch "EA SPORTS UFC 3 | High Level Striking Meta Explained [RANKED] | MUST SEE (Get within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2018, 02:12 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Watch "EA SPORTS UFC 3 | High Level Striking Meta Explained [RANKED] | MUST SEE (Get

https://youtu.be/7EF2g1oab00... I hope this helps ...this is the best video I've seen since the new update . He breaks down everything .

How do deal with the jab .

Sent from my Infinix Zero 4 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2018, 02:39 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Watch "EA SPORTS UFC 3 | High Level Striking Meta Explained [RANKED] | MUST SEE (

Man seeing these videos makes me want to start a channel myself.

Some of these comments are actually flawed, but there is some good basic stuff in there about leans. I would hardly call it a breakdown of the current meta though. You can't just say meta 50 times. lol Not to mention there are at least two meta styles at this point.

I'll just comment on the stance switching in the beginning. You don't want to switch stances like that unless your fighter has a high Switch stat. I don't know Woodley's off the top of my head, but I would assume it's pretty low. You might actually lose power versus just throwing the far side hook from your normal stance. Either way, it doesn't matter because the best move in that situation is to throw your rear hook, not switch and throw the lead from the new stance. Not only is the rear hook more powerful, the speed loss is negligible.

Also, you DO slow down still when getting your hooks and uppercuts swayed. In all honesty, when his hook got ducked, that uppercut should've decked him but something is definitely wrong with the sway counters (especially major back leans and ducks).
Old 05-06-2018, 05:14 AM   #3
MVP

Re: Watch "EA SPORTS UFC 3 | High Level Striking Meta Explained [RANKED] | MUST SEE (

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey

Some of these comments are actually flawed, but there is some good basic stuff in there about leans. I would hardly call it a breakdown of the current meta though. You can't just say meta 50 times. lol Not to mention there are at least two meta styles at this point.

I'll just comment on the stance switching in the beginning. You don't want to switch stances like that unless your fighter has a high Switch stat. I don't know Woodley's off the top of my head, but I would assume it's pretty low. You might actually lose power versus just throwing the far side hook from your normal stance. Either way, it doesn't matter because the best move in that situation is to throw your rear hook, not switch and throw the lead from the new stance. Not only is the rear hook more powerful, the speed loss is negligible.

Also, you DO slow down still when getting your hooks and uppercuts swayed. In all honesty, when his hook got ducked, that uppercut should've decked him but something is definitely wrong with the sway counters (especially major back leans and ducks).
What's the other metas? Body shots for the great stamina war? Would love some videos or possibly some much needed boopy. That being said, the switch stat is useless. I created a CAF with a 30 switch stat and it makes little to zero difference.

Last edited by Evil97; 05-06-2018 at 05:19 AM.
Old 05-06-2018, 06:58 AM   #4
MVP

@ r monkey ...you know you should start a channel ...

Old 05-06-2018, 09:32 AM   #5
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey

They have taken all the pop off of sway counters, you literally have to dodge 2-3 strikes before it even safe to bother countering and usually by that point the guy is backing away and wants to regain stamina so your stationary counter shot will miss anyways.

That or his third punch which has no stamina will track you like a heat seeking missle as you go to land a nice hook to his gut and instantly rock you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2018, 11:03 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
They have taken all the pop off of sway counters, you literally have to dodge 2-3 strikes before it even safe to bother countering and usually by that point the guy is backing away and wants to regain stamina so your stationary counter shot will miss anyways.

That or his third punch which has no stamina will track you like a heat seeking missle as you go to land a nice hook to his gut and instantly rock you

I usually get alot of rocks with sway counters, especially round two and forward.
Old 05-06-2018, 05:34 PM   #7
Banned

That is the meta for the 50/50 game. I personally prefer taking guys to the ground where if I am top it is now 75/25 game. Where I can work the body and make all the head movement too stamina draining.

Also this video mentioned nothing of doing body damage. This was a stand and bang video. I personally don’t know why you would just stand and bang when mma gives so many more paths to victory.

Because he focused so much on stand and bang he left out a lot of things regarding foot work and cutting off the cage.
Old 05-07-2018, 11:40 AM   #8
MVP

Going to body is dangerous ...I would sneak an uppercut in there instant rock

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »