Home

Franchise Editing Players

This is a discussion on Franchise Editing Players within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2018, 11:21 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Franchise Editing Players

I have a question for any of the hardcore Franchise players out there.

Do you edit the players attributes at the end of every month or year accordingly? Because the progression and degression is not accurate at all
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2018, 01:13 PM   #2
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Re: Franchise Editing Players

I primarily just edit prospects, and usually only in the off season. If I have a prospect that is a Top 50, especially. I like to make sure top prospects are on a path to make their MLB debut at a realistic time based on their age, and have realistic abilities and put up realistic stats when they are called up. If I need to edit players sometimes to get the results I'm looking for, I will.

Also, sometimes if I'm using a team in Franchise mode that has a barren farm system with almost all "C" and lower potential players (IE, borderline or utility/platoon MLB talent at best), I'll sometimes edit a couple prospects' potentials and abilities so they have a better shot of becoming MLB starters at some point.
Old 05-09-2018, 01:20 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickoppel

Do you edit the players attributes at the end of every month or year accordingly? Because the progression and degression is not accurate at all

Most editing I do is go around to the CPU teams and make sure their prospects aren't all useless and/or overly raw - like a 24 y/o that's 55/90. He'll never get there and I might move him up some/to near max (randomly).

Also make sure they don't just have C's and D's everywhere. I do this and the above at the start of spring training so the AI can evaluate if it wants to call up some prospects or make trades.

Trying to decide if I want to start editing SP stamina since it can never go up (that I've seen since they current progression system). Also thinking of trying to come up with a way to move some 60-70-rated SP to RP, especially if they have marginal Stamina (50-55 or so).

Oh, and I'll also edit positions based on their defensive profile. If I see a 3B with a terrible arm (say 35-40 arm strength), for example, I probably move him to 1B or 2B, depending on team needs and then he can try making it there since he'd probably never get the arm to play on the left side of the infield. I'll do the reverse also - a 2B with a strong arm and decent reaction at 2B and the team is fine at 2B but need 3B/SS, I'll move him there.

Last edited by KBLover; 05-09-2018 at 01:26 PM.
Old 05-09-2018, 01:44 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
I primarily just edit prospects, and usually only in the off season. If I have a prospect that is a Top 50, especially. I like to make sure top prospects are on a path to make their MLB debut at a realistic time based on their age, and have realistic abilities and put up realistic stats when they are called up. If I need to edit players sometimes to get the results I'm looking for, I will.

Also, sometimes if I'm using a team in Franchise mode that has a barren farm system with almost all "C" and lower potential players (IE, borderline or utility/platoon MLB talent at best), I'll sometimes edit a couple prospects' potentials and abilities so they have a better shot of becoming MLB starters at some point.
I do that normally.
What about MLB players for ex- a SP throws a 2.50 ERA for the year and he is only a 78 do you adjust his attributes to fit that or leave alone?
Old 05-09-2018, 01:50 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Most editing I do is go around to the CPU teams and make sure their prospects aren't all useless and/or overly raw - like a 24 y/o that's 55/90. He'll never get there and I might move him up some/to near max (randomly).

Also make sure they don't just have C's and D's everywhere. I do this and the above at the start of spring training so the AI can evaluate if it wants to call up some prospects or make trades.

Trying to decide if I want to start editing SP stamina since it can never go up (that I've seen since they current progression system). Also thinking of trying to come up with a way to move some 60-70-rated SP to RP, especially if they have marginal Stamina (50-55 or so).

Oh, and I'll also edit positions based on their defensive profile. If I see a 3B with a terrible arm (say 35-40 arm strength), for example, I probably move him to 1B or 2B, depending on team needs and then he can try making it there since he'd probably never get the arm to play on the left side of the infield. I'll do the reverse also - a 2B with a strong arm and decent reaction at 2B and the team is fine at 2B but need 3B/SS, I'll move him there.
That’s a good philosophy, I adjust attributes depending what award they win at the end of season and player of the months I try to keep it as realistic as possible and if I see any prospects make all star in minor leagues I adjust there potential higher
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2018, 01:55 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
I do that normally.
What about MLB players for ex- a SP throws a 2.50 ERA for the year and he is only a 78 do you adjust his attributes to fit that or leave alone?
What I've done in the past is make adjustment to players who do not have alot of major league history (i.e., the attributes may be off for this guy), generally to improve a player to the real life abilities, rarely to bring a player down in performance. So Bartolo Colon goes 14-5 this year but in the game has relatively low attributes based on his age, I don't touch him in the game because of his long history in the league. But let's say in my carryover Walker Buehler is rated such he has a 55 overall and mediocre potential, but this year he lights it up for the Dodgers, I will adjust his potential and pertinent attributes such that hopefully he progresses to that kind of pitcher he may show in real life. I usually look at year end numbers.

I may have to start fiddling with stamina too since it would be nice to start getting some of those tweener pitchers the opportunities to be starters especially as the game doesn't stretch them out like you may see in real life.
Old 05-09-2018, 02:03 PM   #7
Pro

Bushido's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

I'm always editing other teams prospects, pitchers stamina, etc. Unfortunately, there's no choice but to do so, if you want other teams prospects to have a chance.
Old 05-09-2018, 02:29 PM   #8
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

I do edits, but based on rules.

1. I make position edits based on needs and profiles all the time. There are no consequences for doing this.

2. I'm allowed to trade 1 for 1 between a pitcher's durability and their stamina, but only during the off season. This can coincide with a position edit (RP to SP for example).

3. All players must be allowed to regress without edits if they are having a bad year.

4. For players under 34, I'm allowed to counteract regression, but only if they are having a good year.

5. For players under 36, I'm allowed to counteract half of the regression, but only if they are having a good year.

6. For players of any age, I'm allowed to counteract regression using a trade system, where points from one attribute are traded into another in order to keep it up. This can ONLY be used to counteract regression, cannot be used to boost an attribute higher then where it started the year at. Points taken from Durability are worth double, but it also costs double to keep Durability up.

I actually haven't had an issue with league-wide prospect development. It's mostly regression that sucks for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »