Home

Should 2k nerf steal success on posted up big men?

This is a discussion on Should 2k nerf steal success on posted up big men? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2018, 06:45 AM   #1
Banned

Housh123's Arena

OVR: 0

We always talk about shooting and nothing else. Just wanna get people’s thoughts on this.

I don’t think bigs should have god hands if they post up but at the level it’s at now i think it’s too much. Dudes don’t even have to time the reach if you double on a backing down big man.

Either put some level of skill to it to where 3 dudes could be doubling and no one get it if they are simply spamming or let us unlock a badge that goes to gold or HOF that alerts us to the double. Like on bronze the man who is double teaming has an icon on him that flashes slightly. On silver it flashes a little more noticeably, on gold it doesn’t flash it stays solid and in HOF it’s stays solid AND the open man is highlighted

They made shooting so dumbed down so how about helping bigs out a little?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2018, 07:16 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Should 2k nerf steal success on posted up big men?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
let us unlock a badge that goes to gold or HOF that alerts us to the double. Like on bronze the man who is double teaming has an icon on him that flashes slightly. On silver it flashes a little more noticeably, on gold it doesn’t flash it stays solid and in HOF it’s stays solid AND the open man is highlighted
The championship DNA badge will improve your character's pass accuracy out of double teams and will highlight the incoming double teaming defender with a bright red circle.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:22 AM   #3
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
The championship DNA badge will improve your character's pass accuracy out of double teams and will highlight the incoming double teaming defender with a bright red circle.

It’s glitchy

Mine barely ever activates even offline in MyCareer

I want it dumbed down even more tho so it gives trash bigs no excuse not to pass. I want the icon of the person doubling to show up as well so even kids know to press that button to find the open man

Too many times i tell bigs who was open on the double or triple and they say “man i was just trying to get it out my hands”

Like cmon dude

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Housh123; 05-17-2018 at 08:25 AM.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:58 AM   #4
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I think the easiest solution is to call a few more reach in fouls on those guys who are spamming the steal button. They could also potentially add a few more forced dribble pickup animations when you're a big dribbling in traffic. It would beat a turnover because you can at least still shoot/pass after a dribble pickup. This would make me a little nervous though because 2K has a history of having annoying/overpowered animations that take away a player's control.
Old 05-17-2018, 12:58 PM   #5
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

A few tips before looking to change the rate of steals here. First off I thought the same thing early in the cycle. But 2k has a few tools for double teams on the offense side.

2 of the biggest tips most users don't know about is pump faking during a double team to give you more time to find a outlet. Second tip is using the pick up dribble. You can do that by flicking the right stick at the rim. Your player will pick up his dribble.

The third which is something I use a lot now. I dribble away from the double team. As long as the ball is away from the defense. You can keep your dribble alive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2018, 01:37 PM   #6
Pro

Vroman's Arena

I have 2 different post scorers and its not an issue at all this year. I think there should be a way to steal a ball otherwise post scoring becomes braindead easy way to score like deep range threes or standup posters.
Old 05-17-2018, 03:26 PM   #7
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
A few tips before looking to change the rate of steals here. First off I thought the same thing early in the cycle. But 2k has a few tools for double teams on the offense side.

2 of the biggest tips most users don't know about is pump faking during a double team to give you more time to find a outlet. Second tip is using the pick up dribble. You can do that by flicking the right stick at the rim. Your player will pick up his dribble.

The third which is something I use a lot now. I dribble away from the double team. As long as the ball is away from the defense. You can keep your dribble alive.
I've had trouble getting the post pickup to work for some reason. It seems like if I'm actively backing my defender down, the pickup isn't very responsive. It isn't that it doesn't work at all, it just has failed enough times for me that I don't really trust it. But yes, pump faking is an easy way to pick the ball up quickly (occasionally you can get stripped during the pump but it's fairly rare).

Also, backing away not only buys yourself time, but sometimes people will see you backing away and abandon the double-team altogether. The back away sets up the post spin fairly well too because most of the time you've disengaged with your defender. You just have to make sure you have enough room on the baseline to not step out. So I have times where I see the double coming, back away to buy myself time, and then swing the ball to the open man if the help defender doesn't get back. Or, if he doesn't commit to the double-team, I can post-spin baseline or post-drive to the lane.
Old 05-17-2018, 04:29 PM   #8
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

To housh's credit, the problem has already gotten away from us in this thread. He touched on it, but I've found i lose the ball the most when I'm CLEARLY trying to spin AWAY from the double. Most of the time I'll spin towards the baseline and the ball will just hit someone's leg and pop out. So dribblers can dribble through your body and sometimes the ball will pop out and morph right back to his hand, bit double the post and it just falls right out.

The game needs to stop picking and choosing where and when the ball is tangible. If they're going to punish bigs, then the guards need the same.

Plus, spinning AWAY from the double needs to be a real way to avoid the issue. Or, let me fade over the double consistently.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »