Home

Too many Wins for Relief Pitchers?

This is a discussion on Too many Wins for Relief Pitchers? within the OOTP Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2018, 11:47 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Too many Wins for Relief Pitchers?

Just doing a sim into the future to see if there's anything that I need to tweek and I've noticed this.

RPs are dominating in pitching. I don't know if this is common as football is my main sport, but some relief pitchers are getting what seems to me to be a crazy number of Games Played. In 2021 there are 26 RPs with 80-89 GP and 4 with 90-100 GP. There were 8 RPs with 10+ wins.

In 2022 there 2 RPs with 100+ GP, 10 RPs with 90-99 GP, and 37 RPs with 80-89 GP. There were 6 RPs with 10+ wins.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2018, 12:42 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Too many Wins for Relief Pitchers?

I'm in 2027 and looking at my 2026 reliever stats, I see a couple 100's, one 90, and a lot in the 80's.

The 90's and 100's are high but it's literally just 3 guys and the guys with the 100's have 70 out of 80 stamina. So, basically, they could be starters if they had the pitches. It's high but not terribly so in my save. Last year in the real MLB, 70's was the high point for games. 80's is decent enough and with only a trio above that, I'm cool with it for now.

Though, it's an easy adjustment if you want to lower it. Game Settings -> League Settings -> Stats and AI, then look for "Relief Pitcher Stamina".

Lowering that, in theory, should make them need more rest between outings and limit their length when they are out there.

If you're feeling frisky, you can head over to the Players tab (still under Game Settings -> League Settings), and lower the pitcher stamina in the player creation modifiers on the right.

Keep in mind a lot of this will be random. Some guys might gain stamina, some starters might move to the bullpen, managers get created and come and go, etc. Just like the differences between our saves. I haven't touched any of this and only have three guys in the 90+ area while you have many more.

Last edited by KBLover; 05-22-2018 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:48 PM   #3
Rookie

Just seems high given only 2 or 3 pitchers in history have over 100 games played in a season and then suddenly it's matched in one season. Lowered the use of Relievers from Extreme to Very High. I'll run that for 2 years and see how the numbers look. If not I'll tinker with the stamina, maybe even bump Starters up one from Very Low.
Old 06-04-2018, 04:41 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Well bullpen use is becoming more and more prevalent irl.

Sent from my VS986 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-07-2018, 04:44 PM   #5
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29

Do you have league evolution on? If so it randomly changes the Sim engine to create new types of eras in the future. Such as a new dead ball era.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2018, 07:20 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
Do you have league evolution on? If so it randomly changes the Sim engine to create new types of eras in the future. Such as a new dead ball era.
I always turn that off. I fixed it, just never posted here, which I should have done. It may have gotten patched since as I was running the initial release I believe. I'd have to rerun it on defaults to see if they fixed it. If not, the settings for more accurate bullpen was to change Hook For Starting Pitcher changed from -1 to Default AND Use Of Relievers changed from Extreme to Very High and Pitcher Stamina from Very Low to Low.

Pitcher Stamina change was optional, but it helps more SP throw 200+ IPs. It's a tradeoff between SP throw more IP and Relievers appear in 90-99 games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball »