Home

HC09 - 2018 Full Roster Update Project!!

This is a discussion on HC09 - 2018 Full Roster Update Project!! within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2018, 04:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
HC09 - 2018 Full Roster Update Project!!

So I am thinking about taking on this project. I have been looking over the posts from the past from xCAGEx and jlech1805. I have watched the youtube videos and have played around with it. I have been able to get the game to work by just doing name changes with the Bears and Cowboys to see if I was doing things right...so far so good. I wanted to know if anyone would be interested in updated rosters for HC09? If so let me know...

This project will go through several stages if I decide to proceed.
I have made a list of a players still in the league when the game came out. Between 120-150 players. I will keep their player profiles if I can, all others will be changed to current players.

I want to make sure rosters are all accurate and in order
Then, update the ratings based on Madden 18 and some estimating.
Then, I will focus on player appearances.
Next will getting all the coaches in the right place.
From their it will be updating coach and team strategies and play styles.

One of the biggest portions will be getting salaries in order. Because the Cap was $61 lower in 08 ($116 mil in 08, $177 mil in 18), I will have to adjust salaries to a percentage based on those numbers. Plus the rookie scale was not in place in 08 so, I do not want to throw things too off. So contracts might not look exactly like today but a percentage based on today's numbers if that makes sense at all.

Lastly, rookie contracts negotiations is something else I need to dig in to as well. From reading Jlech1805 post rookie negotiations come up for Joe Flacco even though he's a 5 year vet in his 2013 version. Because he is hard coded as a rookie when the career starts no matter what his player card says. So I might need to take the 08 rookie class of players and insert the '18 rookie class for those players so the current class of rookies comes up for rookie negotiations. Still trying to figure out how to do that. If I can do it based on where they got picked or not.

So as you can see there is a lot to do. My goal is to have this file fully ready by the time the 2018 season starts. I love Head Coach 09 and want to see if I can make it fresh and current (for the Xbox 360 BTW)

Sorry it got long winded, anyway interested?

I have all the tools and research information in place, just deciding if I want to take the time to input it all. My wife thinks I am crazy, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2018, 08:42 PM   #2
Rookie

Toastandtoaster's Arena

Re: HC09 - 2018 Full Roster Update Project!!

OMG yes. Updated rosters would be absolutely fantastic.
Old 05-24-2018, 03:10 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachcbjii
So I am thinking about taking on this project. I have been looking over the posts from the past from xCAGEx and jlech1805. I have watched the youtube videos and have played around with it. I have been able to get the game to work by just doing name changes with the Bears and Cowboys to see if I was doing things right...so far so good. I wanted to know if anyone would be interested in updated rosters for HC09? If so let me know...

This project will go through several stages if I decide to proceed.
I have made a list of a players still in the league when the game came out. Between 120-150 players. I will keep their player profiles if I can, all others will be changed to current players.

I want to make sure rosters are all accurate and in order
Then, update the ratings based on Madden 18 and some estimating.
Then, I will focus on player appearances.
Next will getting all the coaches in the right place.
From their it will be updating coach and team strategies and play styles.

One of the biggest portions will be getting salaries in order. Because the Cap was $61 lower in 08 ($116 mil in 08, $177 mil in 18), I will have to adjust salaries to a percentage based on those numbers. Plus the rookie scale was not in place in 08 so, I do not want to throw things too off. So contracts might not look exactly like today but a percentage based on today's numbers if that makes sense at all.

Lastly, rookie contracts negotiations is something else I need to dig in to as well. From reading Jlech1805 post rookie negotiations come up for Joe Flacco even though he's a 5 year vet in his 2013 version. Because he is hard coded as a rookie when the career starts no matter what his player card says. So I might need to take the 08 rookie class of players and insert the '18 rookie class for those players so the current class of rookies comes up for rookie negotiations. Still trying to figure out how to do that. If I can do it based on where they got picked or not.

So as you can see there is a lot to do. My goal is to have this file fully ready by the time the 2018 season starts. I love Head Coach 09 and want to see if I can make it fresh and current (for the Xbox 360 BTW)

Sorry it got long winded, anyway interested?

I have all the tools and research information in place, just deciding if I want to take the time to input it all. My wife thinks I am crazy, lol.
Would definitely be interested!
Old 05-24-2018, 10:15 PM   #4
Rookie

Quick update:
I have all the coaches up to date and working for 2018. I was able to work off XCageX's 2015 file. As a Cowboys fan I was surprised to see that the Cowboys are the only team in the NFL not to change a HC, OC, or DC since 2015. And the Ravens are the only team to promote both positions from in house. So HC, OC, DC, and ST coaches are done.

Tested game with both a existing coach and create a coach and everything worked through the pre-season.

Deciding whether to update all the position coaches. Would just take a few hours.

Next phase, is to make sure all the teams play to their coaches style with any Head Coach or Coordinator changes....happy with the progress thus far.

Side Note: It was kind of awesome to see John Gruden back in his Raider Gear!
Old 05-25-2018, 12:41 PM   #5
Rookie

Quick Update:
All Coaching staffs are completely in place from HC all they way down to DB coach. I feel it is abut 90% accurate, some coaches have more than one position or the position is called something else so some I had to move different coach into a spot.

Next step will be to make sure all picture profiles are in the right spots for staff that has them. Then working on philosophies, etc for newer staffs.

But now, I want to work on the rookie class and get them all in place. With their draft positions, contracts negotiations etc, so the game knows properly who they are where they were drafted, etc. So that way when their pre-season contract negotiation comes up it looks right. I know JLech1805 was having some issues with this in the past, but I think I figured out a way to make it work properly. fingers crossed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2018, 09:03 PM   #6
MVP

Daonlyjmo7's Arena

Amazing man
Old 05-26-2018, 06:15 PM   #7
Rookie

Ok, I wanted to update with some photos so you guys can see how things are progressing.....

I have all the rookies done! They are all on their teams IN THE ORDER THEY WERE DRAFTED. But not the position they were drafted. Let me explain - the 2008 draft order is hard coded into the game. So take Baker Mayfield for instance he will not be the first pick in the draft, but he will be the first pick for the Cleveland Browns. Denzel Ward will not be the #5 overall pick but will be the Browns 2nd player selected. This is the only way to make rookie contract negotiations come up for the proper players. So every teams first 2-4 rookies will negotiate their rookie contracts.
It's funny because in 2008 the Dolphins had the #1 pick - it shows Minak Fitzpatrick as the #1 overall pick, lol. (Because he was the Dolphins first pick this year, if that all makes sense)

I also figured out how weight works in the game. I won't go into all the details but I have it recording weights properly, I know their were questions in the past why the numbers are so weird for weight, solved the math....

Up next...photos! I know guys like proof of progression

Last edited by coachcbjii; 05-26-2018 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-26-2018, 06:15 PM   #8
Rookie

You can see here Jason Garrett as the HC of the Cowboys!

Last edited by coachcbjii; 05-26-2018 at 06:21 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »