Home

Move the hit icon?

This is a discussion on Move the hit icon? within the Super Mega Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2018, 08:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Move the hit icon?

When batting, do you guys even bother moving the hitting icon. It seems to go right to where the ball is going.

I find that i often make it worse by moving the icon. Is there an ego level where the icon stops moving for you?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2018, 12:45 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Move the hit icon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14
When batting, do you guys even bother moving the hitting icon. It seems to go right to where the ball is going.

I find that i often make it worse by moving the icon. Is there an ego level where the icon stops moving for you?
I hit on 55 EGO (55-30-50-30) and never move the reticle. I play with a good hitting team and my failure to sometimes hit is all about lack of timing and chasing after balls. Beyond 55 I can't say.
Old 06-01-2018, 09:03 AM   #3
Rookie

I think the icon always moves toward where the pitch is going, however as the pitch speeds get faster, the movement helps less. I'm currently at 65. I can hit okay when I don't move, but generally better when I do.
Apex Legends (PS4
Breath of the Wild (Switch)
Out of the Park Baseball 20
Old 06-01-2018, 09:21 AM   #4
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

Isn’t it based on contact ratings? Anyways, I always Manually move it when the contact rating is low.
Old 06-01-2018, 12:42 PM   #5
Rookie

randogu's Arena

OVR: 5

Batting at 66 here

I only make last second adjustments to the auto-movement. A flick down to get under the ball, a flick up on the stick to influence a grounder, etc.

I've played a season with an above average hitting team and now just finishing a season with a team rated 1 in contact on the team ratings. There is definitely a difference as to how much (how early) I need to take over the reticle between the two teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2018, 02:51 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
Isn’t it based on contact ratings? Anyways, I always Manually move it when the contact rating is low.
I thought the contact rating increased or decreased that player's chances of getting a hit or hitting it "more solidly". In other words, if a player with a 92 contact rating hit the same pitch in exactly the same way as a player with a 65 contact rating the ball would be better hit by the higher rated player.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:12 AM   #7
Rookie

I believe the icon will move to some degree even at 99 ego. But I think it moves slower. Plus the pitches come in really fast so you have to move it.

I bat at 75 and move it on my own.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:03 PM   #8
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

If you're talking about pre-positioning, no I never do that. I do move it afterward, though.

On the contact attribute rating, I'm still not sure what it does exactly, but my guess would be more solid contact. However, I did edit a team and gave an individual a 99 contact and 19 power, and she struggles mightily at the plate. I've tried hitting both for power and contact, and out of maybe 25 games her average never came that far over 100. I've played more than one Pennant with her (this is the third one actually) so I've had chances for her Mojo to reset. Other players with like 40 contact and 35 power have better luck than she does. Ah well, I'll figure it out. She also is the only lefty regular on the team, so maybe I have to work on it with that and see if I have that kind of bad luck if I put her righty for a while.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball »