Home

Striking Feels Slow/Input Lag After Patch?

This is a discussion on Striking Feels Slow/Input Lag After Patch? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2018, 09:09 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Question Striking Feels Slow/Input Lag After Patch?

So my first few fights after the new patch the first thing I noticed big time was that the striking felt really slow. Even qued up combos are coming out slow. It feels really sluggish, simple jabs, everything. Also, there's definitely some input delay. Maybe that's what's causing the strikes to feel so sluggish?

Is anybody else noticing this same thing or is it just me? Love what they did with the takedowns and the ground and the footwork but something happened with the striking to where it feels really slow.

Sometimes though it seems like my opponent isn't having the same problem. My strikes feel very slow and sluggish and his are the normal speed I had before, and I'm getting pressured and spammed with combos or 1 2's.

Maybe I just have to get used to the new meta?

Just wondering if this was an intended change and certain people have already learned it so their striking is faster, etc, and I just haven't yet? Or is there an issue? If this was intended what am I doing wrong that's making my strikes so sluggish? I liked where the striking was a lot before this patch. But it for sure feels way off.

Your thoughts/experiences on this?

Last edited by GrindFactor; 06-01-2018 at 09:37 AM. Reason: didnt realize you could back out of bad connection fight
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2018, 09:13 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Striking Feels Slow/Input Lag After Patch?

I played against you earlier

you spam hooks while you're getting attacked and you also never plant your feet you just move forward and throw hooks

also you CAN back out of matches now if you see its gonna be laggy
Old 06-01-2018, 09:31 AM   #3
Rookie

Feels the same and I don't mean that in a bad way
Old 06-01-2018, 09:31 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhreelbruh
I played against you earlier

you spam hooks while you're getting attacked and you also never plant your feet you just move forward and throw hooks

also you CAN back out of matches now if you see its gonna be laggy

Yeah I see you can back out of fights now. Missed that option but glad I found it.

And I don't think you fighting me one time gives you the ability to sum up my playstyle in one fell swoop like you just tried to do... hah. If I fought you once do you think me taking that one fight lets me know your full playstyle and be able to generalize it? Ha.

I plant my feet all the time in fights, lead with a lot of jabs, mix in uppercuts, body shots, kicks, takedowns, and ground game, etc. and rarely am I the aggressor pushing forward, let alone spamming anything. Ha. Anybody who's played me a few times knows that.

But if you felt that's how I played against you in that one fight, then fine, it is what it is, every fight is different... but that reply doesn't answer my question at all...

I'm asking if people have noticed after the patch that the striking is slow and sluggish (I read some posts from people in other threads bringing up the same point) so I wanted to get a larger perspective from more people about this issue. If it even is one. Just read my OP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigvinnylol
Feels the same and I don't mean that in a bad way
Yeah? humm. Maybe it's just me. I'll have to fight in some more matches.

Last edited by GrindFactor; 06-01-2018 at 09:38 AM.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:56 AM   #5
Rookie

The standup game feels way different, and slow, for sure. I think this is just due to inability to close distance and pressure in the same ways that used to be effective, and as opposed to actual slowed down speed or increased input delay. The input delay is real, but no different post-patch IMO. I'm coming around to it, but I really liked where the standup game was at.

I do think it's a bummer that in order to end a combo with a body punch you have to guess ahead of time that your opponent will continue to push forward through the combo, or at least sit in the pocket. I suppose this is more realistic though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2018, 11:30 AM   #6
MVP

You can definitely still presure, play Swiss libax to see, its just that you have to understand how to do it correctly now
Old 06-01-2018, 01:10 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

How are people moving away? I'm getting overrun by players frequently. 135 strikes in a round and not tired at all.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-01-2018, 01:17 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by netsfreak
How are people moving away? I'm getting overrun by players frequently. 135 strikes in a round and not tired at all.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app

yeah he volume is still frustratingly unrealistic

they made the stiff arm retreat a lot more viable. use it to generate distance and then sidestep while they aren't in your face. its not great but it sort of works sometimes

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »