Home

Bunting against the shift

This is a discussion on Bunting against the shift within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2018, 12:27 PM   #1
Banned

Williemayshayes00's Arena

OVR: 0
Bunting against the shift

Has the patch broken the ability to bunt against the shift? I have tried with Freddie Freeman about 10 times. Have the stick pointed towards the 3B line and every single time it goes straight back to the pitcher.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2018, 05:41 PM   #2
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Bunting against the shift

I've never been able to bunt against the shift.

I really hope that in 19 they develop better control over bunting. Right now it is basically useless. Everything is a rocket bunt, and you can't control which way it goes on zone hitting.

College Football - Iowa Hawkeyes
College Basketball - Iowa Hawkeyes

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Old 06-02-2018, 06:46 PM   #3
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19

This is why I really think and have been of this mind since online has been a thing in console gaming. since they cant code for one thing in two different modes they need to come out with two different games. one for offline mode.. and one for online... there are benefits for this...

if they were or game companies were to do this they could put in more content for each mode. seeing how a game is put on a 50 Gig disc now... it would allow for a great expanse of content for each mode.

they would also then be able to either sell it at a slightly higher price... or double the price or even sell them as separate games altogether... in their own cases and all that...

that would benefit everyone really. in so many ways... most importantly they could completely code each game and fine tune them for each players experience

oh and as for bunting against the shift.. (this is what started that rant above) it needs to be fixed for offline... if everyone has a differnt bunting rating... not all bunts should be a rockeet..

Last edited by mlblover15; 06-02-2018 at 07:42 PM.
Old 06-02-2018, 07:46 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

I never thought to bunt against the shift. Usually guys that the game shifts against me are power, pull guys that have trash bunt ratings so I guess I never even considered it.

I'd rather try for a opposite field double swinging late than try bunting with someone like Gallo.

I never really tried. Maybe I will next time and see what happens. Maybe even do a drag bunt if I read pitch away. Even if it's a "rocket", no one is there so...

I do have one strong hitter in a franchise with 90+ Contact and Power that gets the shift this year...

Hmm...
Old 06-03-2018, 08:18 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover15
This is why I really think and have been of this mind since online has been a thing in console gaming. since they cant code for one thing in two different modes they need to come out with two different games...
bunt power slider
problem solved

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »