Home

Make body kick catches harder

This is a discussion on Make body kick catches harder within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2018, 04:25 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Make body kick catches harder

They’re too easy and not every kick you throw should be caught. Body kicks and kicks in general are unrealistically slow
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2018, 04:30 PM   #2
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Re: Make body kick catches harder

I disagree. If anything, the catch is a bit UP, right now, if you can't threaten with TDs.

The partially blocked punch is a bit of a weak punish for how good the body kicks are now, in the meta.

For, now I'm not suggesting any changes. But if I change my mind, it will probably be to buff the catch, not nerf it.
Old 06-03-2018, 04:34 PM   #3
Banned

I think it’s finally in a good spot since you can block the strike
Old 06-03-2018, 04:44 PM   #4
Rookie

Every time I catch a body kick and press X and Square to do a takedown the game stops and the fighters start again from their starting positions, from the same time on the clock.

Anyone have this?
Old 06-03-2018, 04:53 PM   #5
MVP

I feel this is more of an issue for checking leg kicks.

If checking kicks got the old parry input and the same for catching kicks, that'd be alright imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2018, 05:00 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbnt149
Every time I catch a body kick and press X and Square to do a takedown the game stops and the fighters start again from their starting positions, from the same time on the clock.

Anyone have this?
Push the right stick towards your opponent tk land the TD
Old 06-03-2018, 06:24 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
I disagree. If anything, the catch is a bit UP, right now, if you can't threaten with TDs.

The partially blocked punch is a bit of a weak punish for how good the body kicks are now, in the meta.

For, now I'm not suggesting any changes. But if I change my mind, it will probably be to buff the catch, not nerf it.
If you compare how often kicks get caught ingame compared to real life it's pretty obvious that catching kicks is too easy on the game.

Make the catch kick window significantly smaller or map kick catch to a separate button rather than just low block so they don't happen every 3 kicks. But increase the reward for when you do catch a kick.

You don't need it to happen this frequently just for balance. There are other ways to do that
Old 06-03-2018, 06:37 PM   #8
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisukEasy
If you compare how often kicks get caught ingame compared to real life it's pretty obvious that catching kicks is too easy on the game.

Make the catch kick window significantly smaller or map kick catch to a separate button rather than just low block so they don't happen every 3 kicks. But increase the reward for when you do catch a kick.

You don't need it to happen this frequently just for balance. There are other ways to do that
I do feel the frequency is too high, I'd say a small window for a timed block would be better, but block can be so unresponsive...

Parries would be welcomed for this too, but not with the counter window like they used to have.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »