Home

Lack of Injuries in Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Lack of Injuries in Franchise Mode within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2018, 10:46 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Lack of Injuries in Franchise Mode

I play every game in my franchise mode, and see almost no injuries. I have the injury slider set to 7, but havent had a single player miss any significant time this season and I am half way through the year. Now, I dont want to put the injury slider too high and have guys out for multiple months. But I want for guys to get banged, up, have to call up some minor leaguers and what not. I am getting tired of using the same lineup every single game, because its not realistic to real life. Pitchers especially NEVER get injured. In my franchise last year, I had the same 5 starting pitchers the entire season, and it is looking like that will happen this year too.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? I play on Legend hitting and All Star pitching if that matters.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2018, 11:06 AM   #2
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

Re: Lack of Injuries in Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonboy_003
I play every game in my franchise mode, and see almost no injuries. I have the injury slider set to 7, but havent had a single player miss any significant time this season and I am half way through the year. Now, I dont want to put the injury slider too high and have guys out for multiple months. But I want for guys to get banged, up, have to call up some minor leaguers and what not. I am getting tired of using the same lineup every single game, because its not realistic to real life. Pitchers especially NEVER get injured. In my franchise last year, I had the same 5 starting pitchers the entire season, and it is looking like that will happen this year too.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? I play on Legend hitting and All Star pitching if that matters.

Thanks!
I play with it on 8 snd i don't see a too many, but enough to have to make roster decisions. Elvis Andrus is out at least two weeks right now, as well as my backup RF. So i have a couple of young guys getting a shot.
Old 06-08-2018, 11:22 AM   #3
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

I haven't adjusted the injury slider at all, and in my first Franchise season, I had a situation where 6 players on my DL at the same time, including multiple lengthy injuries that kept players out half the season.

In the second season, I had fewer injuries, but the ones I had were again really lengthy DL stints. One of the injuries was a head fracture suffered by one of my minor league pitchers that has a 6+ month recovery time...but I wouldn't be surprised if that's a career-ending one.
Old 06-08-2018, 11:25 AM   #4
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

Would you go with a setting of 8, 9, or 10 for the right amount of injuries?
Old 06-08-2018, 02:51 PM   #5
Rookie

Just bumped it up to 8 and had Jackie Bradley strain his forearm and out for a few days. Interested to see what else happens from here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2018, 03:23 PM   #6
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonboy_003
Just bumped it up to 8 and had Jackie Bradley strain his forearm and out for a few days. Interested to see what else happens from here.
I am interested also. I track almost every possible stat you can think of. From batting average down to First Pitch Swings for a Fielder's Choice, and Inherited Runners that Scored. You would think i would keep track of injuries and DL time, but nope. Not once.

This post has inspired me, so in the newsest of my several Franchises (im only 5 games in), i am going start tracking injuries, since i am not too far in. Spreadheet time.
Old 06-09-2018, 12:16 AM   #7
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

My entire league in my 2014 carry over got decimated with injuries at 6. 26 of the 30 teams have a key player down with injuries, and I was averaging about 3 10 day DL injuries per day across all leagues. I had to turn the injury slider back down to 5 because I was worried AA teams wouldn't be able to be staffed.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:42 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

I barely get any injuries at all. Even on 10.

I don't know why. So I just leave it on 5 and, of course, no injuries

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »