Home

Fifa 18 Crashing Nonstop After World Cup Update

This is a discussion on Fifa 18 Crashing Nonstop After World Cup Update within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2018, 09:49 AM   #1
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Fifa 18 Crashing Nonstop After World Cup Update

This update is fun and i've had a good time playing through a tournament, but after yesterday's update I can't even get into my World Cup Tournament.

Half the time the game crashing while loading FUT stuff during launch and the rest of the time it crashes when I get into the World Cup mode. I've even lost a few games because it crashes mid game sometimes.

I'm on an xbox one x and my game is a digital copy. Never had problems before these updates.

Anybody else dealing with this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2018, 06:00 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Fifa 18 Crashing Nonstop After World Cup Update

Your game is crashing after the update? I haven't updated yet and had crashing problems Also, my game froze while loading in the beginning. I was hoping this would all be fixed by the update....
Old 06-11-2018, 10:24 AM   #3
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitedred
Your game is crashing after the update? I haven't updated yet and had crashing problems Also, my game froze while loading in the beginning. I was hoping this would all be fixed by the update....

Yeah all that junk freezing when loading in still happens and then when you get into WC mode the game just goes nuts and freezes at random times. I can't even click on a game to play, let alone get into a game.

I had a nice WC tournament going and was hoping to finish it and play through another before the tourney starts but i can't do that unless they put out another patch real soon.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:38 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Yeah all that junk freezing when loading in still happens and then when you get into WC mode the game just goes nuts and freezes at random times. I can't even click on a game to play, let alone get into a game.

I had a nice WC tournament going and was hoping to finish it and play through another before the tourney starts but i can't do that unless they put out another patch real soon.
I still haven't updated yet, but starting the game offline prevented the game from freezing at the beginning. After restarting my console, I haven't had any freezing problems at all.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:06 PM   #5
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
I still haven't updated yet, but starting the game offline prevented the game from freezing at the beginning. After restarting my console, I haven't had any freezing problems at all.

That's good to know as far as getting into the game. Once you have the recent patch and try to play World Cup mode let me know is it freezes for you. It sucks to be stuck in this freeze cycle. I can't even start a new world cup tourney without it freezing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2018, 12:02 PM   #6
MVP

405Cowboy's Arena

OVR: 2

Another problem with the World Cup mode it resets all rosters back to default (Coutinho at Liverpool/Alexis Sanchez at Arsenal/No Zlatan etc). The new patch didn't fix anything as after I redownloaded squad updates, went into world cup mode, left to go back to play now and all rosters again were set to default. So I'm not playing the World Cup mode again and if I'll just use the international teams already in the game as there you have more options to customize the squads. FIFA 18 was a real disappointment this year. I'm not gonna waste my time on FIFA 19 unless EA finally adds a mix n match kit option as next season in the EPL there will be too many short clashes and in FIFA you can't change shorts/socks etc.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:07 AM   #7
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Just an update- The freezing was starting to occur in every mode so i did a full uninstall/reinstall and everything seems to be working correctly. There must have been a problem when the game downloaded that 2nd WC patch last week that messed up my game.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:13 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
My roster hasn't been reset. From a leaked demo of fifa 19, I saw an option to edit kits including the shorts! I'm hoping this is real.

https://youtu.be/2nVjtEa1Rvo?t=9m8s
I believe it was just a concept that someone he knows "Blurdesigns" wanted to be shown.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »