Home

Just Cause 4

This is a discussion on Just Cause 4 within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2018, 01:21 PM   #1
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Just Cause 4

Just Cause 4 leaks via Steam -

https://www.polygon.com/2018/6/7/174...-steam-e3-2018

Quote:
The next entry in Avalanche Studios’ open-world sandbox adventure series, Just Cause, appears to have leaked on Steam. Promotional images for Just Cause 4, which has not yet been announced by Avalanche or publisher Square Enix, have appeared on Valve’s storefront.

Here’s a look at what Steam users have been served tonight: an image of what appears to be Just Cause series protagonist Rico Rodriguez overlooking a dark and stormy jungle scene. The image indicates that Just Cause 4 will be announced and available for pre-order soon.

The image doesn’t offer much in the way of detail on what to expect from Just Cause 4, but the game’s existence isn’t a surprise. Just Cause 4 was one of the unannounced games that appeared on Walmart Canada’s website last month alongside Rage 2, Lego DC Villains and a new Assassin’s Creed game. Those titles have all since been confirmed by their publishers.

If Steam’s listing is accurate, Just Cause 4 would be one of three in-development projects at Avalanche Studios alongside Rage 2 for Bethesda Softworks and Generation Zero, which Avalanche will self-publish.

The most recent entry in the Just Cause series, Just Cause 3, was released for PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One in 2015.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2018, 12:06 PM   #2
MVP

Smooth Pancakes's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Just Cause 4

New screenshots have been leaked.

https://wccftech.com/just-cause-4-screenshots-leaked/

Quote:
Leaks keep happening at an ever-growing rate this year. The same source that provided the first leaked images for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, German website GamePro, also did the same for Just Cause 4. Clearly, they jumped the gun in both cases by publishing the assets way earlier than intended.

Anyway, below you can find the six screenshots showcasing the rather beautiful game world of Just Cause 4. Ironically, we first learned of the game thanks to another leak, that time originated from Steam itself.

The developer hasn’t been confirmed yet, but it should be Avalanche Studios. The team has been in the news frequently these past weeks, between the partnership with id Software and Bethesda to create RAGE 2, their self-published open world co-op game Generation Zero and their acquisition by Nordisk Film. Oh, they’ve also opened a third studio in Malmö, Sweden, in addition to the existing offices located in Stockholm, Sweden, and New York City.

We’ll probably learn a lot more about Just Cause 4 during the Square Enix E3 2018 Showcase, scheduled for June 11th, 10 AM Pacific Time.

Old 06-10-2018, 01:07 PM   #3
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

Looks good. That muscle car...looks like a JC game will finally have more realistic cars. I don't think any of the JC games ever had anything that looked that good. And looks like they are going back to a JC2 region, or something similar, which is much better, in my opinion.

If they can add more life to the world, while still making it so that runs well on consoles, it's going to be great.

Can't wait to watch the Square Enix press conference!

ZX Spectrum
Old 06-10-2018, 02:25 PM   #4
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

Hi-Res images can be found here -

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/...ning#enlarge-5

Love the details!

EDIT:
Judging by the bridge screenshot, looks like a South/Central America region.

ZX Spectrum

Last edited by youvalss; 06-10-2018 at 02:29 PM.
Old 06-10-2018, 03:06 PM   #5
MVP

Smooth Pancakes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Looks good. That muscle car...looks like a JC game will finally have more realistic cars. I don't think any of the JC games ever had anything that looked that good. And looks like they are going back to a JC2 region, or something similar, which is much better, in my opinion.

If they can add more life to the world, while still making it so that runs well on consoles, it's going to be great.

Can't wait to watch the Square Enix press conference!
Yeah, that car looks great! Hopefully the cars are more realistic.

And I'm really curious about that tornado. Is that just there for the screenshot, is there a tornado that happens during a mission, or are they adding dynamic weather to the game, which in addition to rain, storms, clear and cloudy skies, apparently would possible random tornadoes or something.

And agreed on the location. Either Central or South America is my guess. South America would be fun to run around in.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2018, 06:39 PM   #6
MVP

Smooth Pancakes's Arena

Awww hell yeah!

Just Cause 4 coming out December 4th!

Last edited by Smooth Pancakes; 06-11-2018 at 12:28 AM.
Old 06-10-2018, 06:52 PM   #7
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

^^^ Oh yeah! Off to watch, thanks for posting!

EDIT:

So no gameplay there? Hopefully that game looks somewhat close to this. But I definitely liked the action, and I think I saw a drone. Really gives me a JC2 vibe, which is what I was hoping for. Hopefully there is at least one major city a-la JC2, just with more life in it.

ZX Spectrum

Last edited by youvalss; 06-10-2018 at 07:10 PM.
Old 06-10-2018, 07:39 PM   #8
MVP

Smooth Pancakes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss

EDIT:

So no gameplay there? Hopefully that game looks somewhat close to this. But I definitely liked the action, and I think I saw a drone. Really gives me a JC2 vibe, which is what I was hoping for. Hopefully there is at least one major city a-la JC2, just with more life in it.

We should see gameplay tomorrow. This was just the world premiere trailer that was showed during the Microsoft press conference. I suspect we'll see a LOT more tomorrow during the Square Enix press conference at 1pm ET/12pm CT.

Last edited by Smooth Pancakes; 06-10-2018 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Getting my Just Cause 4 and Fallout 76 details mixed up, lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »