Home

It's Not SKATE 4, But This Session Trailer Looks Great - Xbox One, PC Exclusive

This is a discussion on It's Not SKATE 4, But This Session Trailer Looks Great - Xbox One, PC Exclusive within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2018, 10:00 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
It's Not SKATE 4, But This Session Trailer Looks Great - Xbox One, PC Exclusive

Heavily inspired by the golden era and skate culture of the late 90s/early 2000s, Project: Session...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2018, 06:31 AM   #2
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: It's Not SKATE 4, But This Session Trailer Looks Great - Xbox One, PC Exclusive

It sucks. Or at least sucked. Seen earlier game play, and I've even played a build of it. It's glitz with no substance. Felt really scripted, like there were no real physics. Unless things have changed since then. We'll see, but I would wait to buy this until some test bunnies get their hands on it.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:21 AM   #3
Rookie

Simaofan-20's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: It's Not SKATE 4, But This Session Trailer Looks Great - Xbox One, PC Exclusive

It's has a pretty good foundation to their game and has a lot of potential. In the beginning the game is pretty difficult because of the controls, but it becomes pretty comfortable after putting in some time with it. It definitely has a deep learning curve to the game. The team itself has less than 10 people working on it, so its pretty impressive what they've done so far with such a small team.
Old 06-11-2018, 06:18 PM   #4
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

Saw a ton of warping in the trailer like an old Tony Hawk game. Lol Just wish we could get Skate 4, or even a remastered Skate 3...
Old 06-19-2018, 02:04 PM   #5
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

This game is already better than Skate 3, just from playing the demo. I only wish I would've found out about it in time to back it on Kickstarter.

The controls are even better than what EA did with Skate, and they're still adding more to it. I'm really looking forward to this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2018, 03:39 AM   #6
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

There are two or three YouTubers who got some more gameplay previews in from the latest build and are explaining away a lot of the things that they are trying to do with the game, as well as how the controls work and such.

According to them, it will also release on PS4 three months after it will release on Xbox. They also said they are working on a lot of animations, and are aiming toward everything to look like as they prepared it in the trailer. They now have the funds and support to make the game that it is we all think it can be.

I am really looking forward to this game if it stays as a simulation and has those kinds of controls/options (the catch mechanic, flip speed, and separation of sticks for feet can create many unique tricks and lines).
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 07-07-2018, 09:35 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
According to them, it will also release on PS4 three months after it will release on Xbox.

Good to hear. The exclusivity for this doesn't make a whole lot of sense, as I doubt that Microsoft would pay more than what the PS4 could bring in.

Anyone know if there are NPCs in this game? Or is it just a big empty world when offline? (assuming you can play offline)
Old 07-07-2018, 11:04 PM   #8
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
Good to hear. The exclusivity for this doesn't make a whole lot of sense, as I doubt that Microsoft would pay more than what the PS4 could bring in.

Anyone know if there are NPCs in this game? Or is it just a big empty world when offline? (assuming you can play offline)
I'm sure this game is still a ways off from being released since they're still working on the basic board mechanics. I wouldn't be surprised if this didn't release until next fall or so.

I assume however that with funding they probably hired more people on their team to do things such as that, to create a word filled with other people and other things to do (like a story or just things to do through a "career" and such). It's going to take quite some time.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »