Home

I Want To Go Home!!!

This is a discussion on I Want To Go Home!!! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2018, 05:17 PM   #1
Rookie

KariLetsThemIn's Arena

OVR: 0
I Want To Go Home!!!

How many of you guys are being haunted by the screaming/whining child sound effect that has plagued MLB 18? I played a game today and counted nearly 180 times that a kid in the crowd screamed "I want to go home", including 3 times before first pitch alone... For reference, here's a video from YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvPJLuJHD40. Skip to 5:48 in the video for a relatively clear example. The kid is much easier to hear when playing a game than on the video...

This kid screams in every game, every stadium, any score, and any inning... Can someone please get SDS to save me from this mental breakdown I'm heading for?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2018, 05:22 PM   #2
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: I Want To Go Home!!!

It is truly awful. How does this make it into the game at all?

I know you said in the patch thread that you had trouble reporting this officially. You could also try tweeting or sending a PM to Victor.
Old 06-15-2018, 05:26 PM   #3
Rookie

KariLetsThemIn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
It is truly awful. How does this make it into the game at all?

I know you said in the patch thread that you had trouble reporting this officially. You could also try tweeting or sending a PM to Victor.
I started this thread so that more people will notice the issue and report it. If enough people get involved, hopefully they'll do something. I'll send that PM, as I don't have a Twitter account. Thanks for the advice, and I once again apologize for making you aware of "it"...
Old 06-15-2018, 05:38 PM   #4
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KariLetsThemIn
I started this thread so that more people will notice the issue and report it. If enough people get involved, hopefully they'll do something. I'll send that PM, as I don't have a Twitter account. Thanks for the advice, and I once again apologize for making you aware of "it"...
Someone else mentioned it too. They just said it has beem in the game since release. Maybe i just got lucky last night but it wasn't in my game, and i think i would have noticed, even without you pointing it out. (I play my main franchise with an older patch). i will listen for it again tonight with different speakers to see if i can hear it.
Old 06-15-2018, 06:03 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

I don't remember hearing anything like this.

Is it at certain stadiums?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2018, 06:07 PM   #6
Rookie

KariLetsThemIn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I don't remember hearing anything like this.

Is it at certain stadiums?
Every stadium... Once you notice it, you won't be able to unhear it...
Old 06-15-2018, 06:47 PM   #7
Rookie

saucerset's Arena

I've turned off commentary since week 2 of release so all I hear is the crowd noise. I don't believe I have ever heard that.
Old 06-15-2018, 06:49 PM   #8
Pro

Yes it might have been me that initially mentioned it! This along with "Springer" and "Beat It Out" on patch 1.10 and it is still there! It's pretty bad! Especially if you play without the announcers off!

I turned the announcers on because of hearing about quick facts and that they would talk about you CAP player on the line up screen for the first time ever as mentioned early in the Twitch Streams!

I stole 10 bases in a game as a CAP player and the announcer said nothing! So I just don't play with it on! It's very repetitive and they talk at the game instead of about!

Oh well not trying to be negative but I am loosing strength in continuing to report bugs over the course of the MLB The Show series! Just trying to play the game as is!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »