Home

Pass Interference

This is a discussion on Pass Interference within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2018, 05:27 AM   #1
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Pass Interference

In all the years that this game has been out, i can count on half a hand how many pass interference calls ive seen. In one night ive seen 3. I made a significant edit to speed globally and ive seen 3. I cant believe my eyes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2018, 07:44 AM   #2
Pro

jkits's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Pass Interference

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
In all the years that this game has been out, i can count on half a hand how many pass interference calls ive seen. In one night ive seen 3. I made a significant edit to speed globally and ive seen 3. I cant believe my eyes.
Nice, what were your edits?
Old 06-20-2018, 08:13 AM   #3
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkits
Nice, what were your edits?

Just one significant edit. I edited everybody's speed down to where the fastest guy in the game is at 50. The scale for speed is 1-50. Im experimenting with something which is why i did it. For as long as i can remember ive had offensive and defensive PI slider along with the PI Threshold in the profile all maxed out at 127 and it hasnt done anything to get PI's called. Lo and behold i did this and saw 3 last night including 2 in one game. Not only that but more penalties in the game period. I think speed carries so much weight in the game that it overrides a lot of things. I wanted to lower the speed down to see how the game plays out.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:19 AM   #4
Pro

jkits's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Just one significant edit. I edited everybody's speed down to where the fastest guy in the game is at 50. The scale for speed is 1-50. Im experimenting with something which is why i did it. For as long as i can remember ive had offensive and defensive PI slider along with the PI Threshold in the profile all maxed out at 127 and it hasnt done anything to get PI's called. Lo and behold i did this and saw 3 last night including 2 in one game. Not only that but more penalties in the game period. I think speed carries so much weight in the game that it overrides a lot of things. I wanted to lower the speed down to see how the game plays out.
Its funny you're saying this b/c i was just thinking yesterday that speed in this game is the strongest attribute. And that I wished other physical attributes like strength, agility, acceleration, jumping, etc were better represented. But thats an awesome find man
Old 06-20-2018, 10:21 AM   #5

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

It's odd how "back in the day," like mid-90s Madden era, defensive P.I. was commonplace on games. Somewhere around the turn of the century, it went away.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2018, 11:26 AM   #6
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0

I've seen one by the CPU this season.

It was on a left guard...somehow called him for pass blocking the DT lol

I've committed many as a user

I usually see only 4-5 a season though. Geezy is right. It used to happen at the time, and essentially got turned off at some point.

Major Boise State fan
Old 06-20-2018, 11:44 AM   #7
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Yeah man, speed is everything in this game. Its the heaviest weighted attribute there is. It obviously controls how fast players run. But it also controls what type of run animation a player has as well as how fast an animation plays out...and that is the biggest issue when it comes to lack of PI. If players have high speed ratings or even moderate ratings the game animates too fast for there to be any interactions for PI's to take place regulalry. Couple that with the fact that this game does't have the WR/DB interaction animations that This Gen Madden does and thats why you rarely see them. But when you lower the speed of players the game olays at a slower pace and its more momentum based therefore more opportunities for players to impede progress. Ive seen more of a few thinhs with lower speed. High speed also overrides the juke, spin, stiff arm moves as well. At low speed you see those things. I have also see more plays where when a WR catches a pass they plant their foot into the ground and then turn and run and it looks great and more realistic.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:50 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Is this scaleable to new recruits and multiple seasons? Did you literally just lower all speeds by 50? It has been so long since i played NCAA. I cannot remember if there is file share. If yes, have you shared the file?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »