Home

Madden 19 Franchise unknowns...

This is a discussion on Madden 19 Franchise unknowns... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2018, 04:27 PM   #1
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
Madden 19 Franchise unknowns...

I know they have added some things to franchise this year... but im looking for info on a few things I haven't seen yet.

does anyone know if they addressed any of the following.

1. trade logic (enough said)

2. cpu free agent signing logic (example. in M18 drew brees will sign with a team like the texans who have watson)

3. cpu depth chart logic (do they start a 30 year old 80 ovr running back over a 22 year old rookie 79 ovr running back because it only goes by ratings)

4. cpu draft logic. (again... some players the cpu drafts make zero sense with their roster)

I know they havent given most of us the franchise features we want and were hoping for, but with as much time as they spent on franchise... if they fixed these 4 glaring issues. Id be a pretty happy camper.

next would be for them to remove drive goals and the xp system all together... but that will have to be a Madden 20 thing.

anyway... anyone know any info on the 4 above issues??

Sent from my H3123 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2018, 04:35 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Madden 19 Franchise unknowns...

the browns video showed shaky trade logic at that build, not sure how close to final it is

do formation subs work/hold or available for custom playbooks?

have they improved/added plays to defence, offence gets all the bright and shinies usually

resign logic, can you improve tgh/inj/sta overtime even if difficult or is it all archtype and thats it

can i improve things other than awr or kick pwr/acc for kickers and punters etc
Old 06-20-2018, 04:44 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

Little has been mentioned about custom playbooks in franchise at all so far. One addition I would like to see and am hopeful for is being able to assign custom playbooks to CPU teams without a funky workaround.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:44 PM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

With respect to trade logic, John White already tweeted that trade logic wasn't finalized for M19, so I'd expect that to change relative to what was shown in EA PLAY media (which wasn't great).

I'm going to assume that, consistent with other Madden games, the CPU will continue to maximize OVR at every position on the roster to field the strongest possible team against others, and that general rule will continue to apply to all roster-building mechanics at its disposal. The new archetypes and depth chart slots should help CPU personnel deployment significantly on its own, but I doubt you're going to see the CPU deliberately play younger players with lower OVRs over established veterans with slightly higher OVRs.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:52 PM   #5
Pro

drewst18's Arena

OVR: 5

Trade logic is always going to be an issue.

Its either you have to police yourself or they make it so that the trades are almost always favoring the computer. Especially compared to real life football where you see a guy like Landry or even worse Peters go for a late pick, if they programmed that into the game it would be a mess. I'd much rather see it that its impossible to trade at a realistic value.

What you didn't mention is imo the biggest flaw for franchise is the lack of proper salary requests. Building a team is far too easy when you can sign star QB to contract for 17 million and almost no other player goes over 10 million. It is a joke how easy it is to retain players and continue to sign stars. I think a lot of other areas would be fixed by this, if players asked for proper wages issues like draft & free agency logic wouldn't seem so significant because teams wouldn't be able to afford to go after 2 star QBs or at least would be easier to program it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2018, 04:53 PM   #6
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
I know they have added some things to franchise this year... but im looking for info on a few things I haven't seen yet.

does anyone know if they addressed any of the following.

1. trade logic (enough said)
So far it looks bad, but John White said it isn't final.

Quote:
2. cpu free agent signing logic (example. in M18 drew brees will sign with a team like the texans who have watson)
I expect they'd still sign Brees.

Quote:
3. cpu depth chart logic (do they start a 30 year old 80 ovr running back over a 22 year old rookie 79 ovr running back because it only goes by ratings)
They'll start the higher overall, but the overall according to their scheme. So this is an improvement.

Quote:
4. cpu draft logic. (again... some players the cpu drafts make zero sense with their roster)
Regardless of whether they "tuned" it, it'll be better.

They haven't, and rarely do they, explain what under-the-hood tuning they do so it's really hard to say what these things will look like.

That said, the archetypes/schemes/depth charts will improve CPU team management on a couple of fronts.

Scheme fits will ensure that teams are looking at the most relevant skills for their team. Teams will still take an elite back like Zeek over almost anybody else, but a closer comparison like Carlos Hyde vs. Darren Sproles, they'll be able to take the guy who fits their system better.

Depth charts will help because you'll see a greater variety of players in games. You'll see pure pass rushers coming in with sub packages, you'll see power backs coming in in goalline situations, etc.. It won't be perfect, they don't yet have a true back- or d-line- rotation system, but it'll be an improvement.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:53 PM   #7
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
With respect to trade logic, John White already tweeted that trade logic wasn't finalized for M19, so I'd expect that to change relative to what was shown in EA PLAY media (which wasn't great).

I'm going to assume that, consistent with other Madden games, the CPU will continue to maximize OVR at every position on the roster to field the strongest possible team against others, and that general rule will continue to apply to all roster-building mechanics at its disposal. The new archetypes and depth chart slots should help CPU personnel deployment significantly on its own, but I doubt you're going to see the CPU deliberately play younger players with lower OVRs over established veterans with slightly higher OVRs.
Hey CM, what's your thoughts on the young guy starting with a lower ovr idea? I know it used to happen with CPU rosters back in the ps2 days. You for or against it? I guess ideally the CPU would just sub in the young guys more often. But if it had to be binary, would you want them to always start the higher ovr or throw the young guy in there if he was kinda close in ovr?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 06-20-2018, 05:05 PM   #8
Rookie

nddurst's Arena

Has SuperSim been fixed so that RB1's don't get 10 carries in a row?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »