Home

NHL 19 Hands-On: NHL May Suddenly be Poised to Become EA's Best Sports Sim (US Gamer)

This is a discussion on NHL 19 Hands-On: NHL May Suddenly be Poised to Become EA's Best Sports Sim (US Gamer) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2018, 08:39 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 19 Hands-On: NHL May Suddenly be Poised to Become EA's Best Sports Sim (US Gamer)

USGamer has posted their NHL 19 hands-on preview, along with some quotes from NHL 19 producer,...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2018, 09:35 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 19 Hands-On: NHL May Suddenly be Poised to Become EA's Best Sports Sim (US Ga

Good review, but i would still prefer frostbite so the game doesn't look like it's stuck in purgatory between last and current gen; also, they shouldn't be copying nba 2k, but nhl 2k. All of the team sweaters, use those same designs for create a team, and a challenge mode to unlock classic and all time teams....increase the replay value. i'll still get it though, since i don't have a 360 to play 2k
Old 06-27-2018, 11:11 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NHL 19 Hands-On: NHL May Suddenly be Poised to Become EA's Best Sports Sim (US Ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbk087
Good review, but i would still prefer frostbite so the game doesn't look like it's stuck in purgatory between last and current gen.
I understand your reasoning here, but I have to agree with the author in that if both FIFA and Madden are struggling to iron out the kinks with Frostbite, maybe it's better that the NHL team wait and see.
Let the FIFA and Madden teams deal with all the headaches until all the bugs are worked out.

But if I were a betting man, I'd say the real reason NHL team won't switch to Frostbite is because they're waiting until the next-gen consoles are released - which is probably in 2-3 years anyway.
Old 06-28-2018, 04:10 AM   #4
Pro

SeattleBattleCat's Arena

OVR: 0

Really hope expansion mode for Franchise is retained in NHL 19, I've been cooking up my next project & would be a touch disappointed if it weren't in the game. There's no real reason to fear that expansion wouldn't be included, but there also isn't any talk of it at the moment either.

The article seems to suggest you can insert those legends into Franchise which could be another interesting feature perhaps.
Old 06-28-2018, 12:30 PM   #5
Rookie

Shadak's Arena

OVR: 2

" Some of the areas the team will be focusing on this year: puck pickups, shooting, passing, one-timers, goalies, offensive and defensive AI, and the Defensive Skill Stick. Hopefully NHL 19 will finally be able to nail puck pickups, which have been a sticking point for the series since forever "

Yeah, we'll see ... I'll believe it when I see it and I dont care about any mode features tbh, they been slacking for too long.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2018, 01:26 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadak
" Some of the areas the team will be focusing on this year: puck pickups, shooting, passing, one-timers, goalies, offensive and defensive AI, and the Defensive Skill Stick. Hopefully NHL 19 will finally be able to nail puck pickups, which have been a sticking point for the series since forever "

Yeah, we'll see ... I'll believe it when I see it and I dont care about any mode features tbh, they been slacking for too long.
You kinda have to laugh... Years later, and they're STILL trying to figure THIS STUFF out...
Old 06-28-2018, 01:47 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
You kinda have to laugh... Years later, and they're STILL trying to figure THIS STUFF out...
Every single year they tell us they've re-done skating and hitting and every year it looks exactly the same with a cool new animation every couple games or so.
Old 06-28-2018, 02:19 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler289
Every single year they tell us they've re-done skating and hitting and every year it looks exactly the same with a cool new animation every couple games or so.
LOL, very true.
But in the quick clips we've seen thus far, the skating definitely looks more realistic. I especially like to see how quickly the players move their feet to go from standing still to moving quickly.
I just hope that this won't be the case with all skaters. I want to see an explosive difference between the best skaters and the worst.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »