Home

Top Five CFM Rebuilds in Madden NFL 19

This is a discussion on Top Five CFM Rebuilds in Madden NFL 19 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2018, 08:19 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Top Five CFM Rebuilds in Madden NFL 19

With only a few weeks before Madden NFL 19 is released, many franchise players are already...

Written By: Matt Llewellyn

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2018, 03:32 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Top Five CFM Rebuilds in Madden NFL 19

Really good article - I would have swapped the Colts in for the Giants and replaced 49ers with Dolphins.
Old 07-09-2018, 03:35 PM   #3
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

The 49ers are a good pick but not for the reasons the article states.

QB will not be a strength when the game comes out. He'll be middle of the road because he hasn't proven himself over a full season yet, somewhere between around 81-86. And since he's 26 he won't develop in CFM. In real life, he's the QB for the next decade. In Madden, he's a bridge QB and you need to draft one.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 07-09-2018, 03:40 PM   #4
MVP

The issue with the 49'ers is Jimmy G's contract is kind of out of whack with what the same player would ask for inside of the mode itself. To me his progression won't ever match his cap number making him more of a liability than asset in terms of building the franchise. I'd rather draft a QB from Madden created QB's who are historically over powered, or resigned him myself to a Madden rated based contract that would have brought his cap number way down.

With that said, looks like there is an out after year 3 dead cap wise.
Old 07-09-2018, 03:44 PM   #5
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by solmon
Really good article - I would have swapped the Colts in for the Giants and replaced 49ers with Dolphins.
I agree with the idea of Dolphins and Colts. Giants may need a QB, but with Barkley, OBJ and Ingram they have a really solid core to build with. For me that means they're not a true "rebuild" because you only need a couple things like QB, and even there you have one for a year or two already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
The 49ers are a good pick but not for the reasons the article states.

QB will not be a strength when the game comes out. He'll be middle of the road because he hasn't proven himself over a full season yet, somewhere between around 81-86. And since he's 26 he won't develop in CFM. In real life, he's the QB for the next decade. In Madden, he's a bridge QB and you need to draft one.
If he is an 85, that's a solid QB to me. Sub 80 is where I would consider the position a "need". You could easily build the 49ers around an 81-85 Jimmy GQ and be competing for titles. Especially with how the game struggles to make quarterbacks much different than each other (all very accurate).

My top 3 would be Indy, Miami, and SF. I think Miami is the big one, surprised it wasn't on their list.

Personally, I'll be "rebuilding" my Cowboys with needs at WR, TE and the need for a better secondary.

Major Boise State fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2018, 03:46 PM   #6
MVP

saintrules's Arena

I'd expect the Browns to be somewhat the Jags of Madden 17. If you know how to use them, you're going to dominate, even from year one. Real life Browns = dumpster fire, most likely. Madden Browns = skilled team, H2H favorite.

The inevitably injured Luck and the Colts are definitely in my top three, not that I am disagreeing with this list, it's an opinion. Of all the CFM years I have ran, it gets really, really ugly in Indy, a QB with TY Hilton and one lineman is really all they have...like all they have...

I'd add Tampa on this list, they're similar to Cincy IMO, especially with Jameis and his three game suspension. I think they're a franchise closer to needing to be blown up than competing, kinda tinkering on disaster, especially if Mike Evans goes down or they lose McCoy/LeVonte on defense.
Old 07-09-2018, 03:54 PM   #7
Rookie

the fact that the Buccs arent even mentioned is a travesty
Old 07-09-2018, 03:58 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peroxide4
the fact that the Buccs arent even mentioned is a travesty