Home

UFC 4 desperately needs a Universe Mode

This is a discussion on UFC 4 desperately needs a Universe Mode within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2018, 11:46 PM   #1
Banned

TB5XSBW's Arena

OVR: 0
UFC 4 desperately needs a Universe Mode

It would add so much replayability. This would basically be like a "season mode" in other sports games.

Must haves:

-Ability to book fights and create cards like in Custom Event mode
-Fighter rankings
-Interim titles
-Pre-fight hype videos like the ones in Career Mode
-The presentation for each event needs to be much better than what we currently get in Custom Event mode. Right now, it's just a collection of fights, and doesn't feel at all like an actual UFC event.

Nice to have:

-Ability to hype up events through fictitious social media accounts or through press conferences
-Track the "star power" of each fighter and show PPV buys for each event (which will be based on the star power on a specific card)
-Different graphic overlays for Fight Nights and for PPVs

Feel free to add any features you'd like to see.

Last edited by TB5XSBW; 07-15-2018 at 11:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2018, 03:29 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: UFC 4 desperately needs a Universe Mode

Preach! I'd like to see randomized events such as injuries, fight cancelations, and contract disputes that affect the status of different fighters
Old 07-16-2018, 07:06 AM   #3
Rookie

I’d like a real concept of time (fighters getting old retiring etc) along with an option to switch that off

Then sometype of developmental circuit. Not sure how this would be executed, but we’d need a way of having new prospects come into the UFC. I feel we should also have the ability to control the smaller circuits

This is a long shot, but we should be able to make competitor shows of our own, or our own brand period (like I said that’s kinda a long shot)

Be able to change fighters ratings to our own liking. We can highlight fighter strengths/ weaknesses how we see fit rather than having to work with the default ratings the whole time

A hot / cold system where fighters’ ratings are better / worse based on their past fights. For instance a streaking fighter would have boosts in some areas. A fighter who’s been on a skid would be lacking in some areas (maybe some how other factors can be looked at too)

A rivalry system is needed as well as enhanced presentation throughout. (I feel like this would be kinda tough to do)

Fighter Growth and development over time progression/ regression etc

Being able to change rules? Maybe one promotion is strictly a stand up one where another is full MMA then we could have a submission one too (granted idk how much fun that would be vs the computer)

Somehow usada needs to be involved as well as an air of unpredictability: fighters pulling out, injuries etc BUT there should be a slider for it like 2k has on MyLeague

Need some sort of popularity/ hype system popularity for fighters hype for the cards, just use a star system?

A fighter share (pls)

That’s all I’ve got for rn
Old 07-16-2018, 07:22 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaccoNumba5
I’d like a real concept of time (fighters getting old retiring etc) along with an option to switch that off

Somehow usada needs to be involved as well as an air of unpredictability: fighters pulling out, injuries etc BUT there should be a slider for it like 2k has on MyLeague

That’s all I’ve got for rn
I have mixed feelings on the time concept. They had this in previous games and it just meant everyone retired so you never got a chance to fight them. You start your career from the very beginning and people like DC are already 39. Stipe is what 38.

Personally, with 250 fighters in the game I like to fight everyone in career. Its fun for me to try and beat game versions of DC and Stipe. I hated it when you finally make it to the top, everyones retired and your left with blank randomised CAFS to defend against.

Not sure UFC would allow USADA in the game. I'm sure fighters would be pis*ed if theyre known for being clean in real life and suddently start popping for steriods in the game, Bisping, MM, ect
Old 07-16-2018, 08:22 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scyth223
I have mixed feelings on the time concept. They had this in previous games and it just meant everyone retired so you never got a chance to fight them. You start your career from the very beginning and people like DC are already 39. Stipe is what 38.

Personally, with 250 fighters in the game I like to fight everyone in career. Its fun for me to try and beat game versions of DC and Stipe. I hated it when you finally make it to the top, everyones retired and your left with blank randomised CAFS to defend against.

Not sure UFC would allow USADA in the game. I'm sure fighters would be pis*ed if theyre known for being clean in real life and suddently start popping for steriods in the game, Bisping, MM, ect
I feel like you might be missing the point of universe mode.

It isn't a create-a-fighter or select a fighter type deal. You're the promoter. You run the UFC. You can fight any fight, any matchup, anytime.

You could fight any fight on the card. The appeal is that it evolves and you develop the talent coming up.

You, as the user, get to jump in and fight whoever, whenever. You're the one booking the fights. You aren't a single fighter being dictated to what will happen. You are the promoter and you get to schedule the events, book the fights (and play them).

The challenge is making fights when injuries happen, dealing with fighter contract disputes, matchmaking the talent in a way that develops divisions and title contenders, signing free agents, and ultimately making $$$$ by booking fights that generate PPV $$$$.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited by TheRizzzle; 07-16-2018 at 08:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2018, 08:28 AM   #6
MVP

UNIVERSE MODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(anyway we could sticky one of these? I'd love if It stayed visible and we could keep updating ideas for it. I think it would also help the devs see and understand how deep and involved a game mode it could be, and also prove there is a market for it.)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 07-16-2018, 09:58 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
I talked about this sometime ago with my friend and we've came up with an idea, that could be interesting, but for a career mode rather than universe.

If devs expect a player in career mode to get around top10-15 in - let's say - 14 fights or 4-5 years of in-game time, start date of your career could be 5 years ago. Like February 2013 for UFC 3. By the time you're ready for tough opponents, it's 2018 in your game and you enter the top10 as it looks now, facing current challengers and champions. You could fight DC when he's 39 or 40, not 45.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:04 AM   #8
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
I have mixed feelings on the time concept.
They could set it in the past. Give you a few years learning the ropes as the icon PPV's roll on and you get to read the news of Connor's rise.

I would love a universe mode, or season mode, etc. Most EA sports games have this and it's the mode I probably play the most of in those games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »