Home

GameInformer Franchise article

This is a discussion on GameInformer Franchise article within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2018, 02:16 PM   #1
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0
GameInformer Franchise article

Posted today (didn't see link on here elsewhere, apologies if it is)

https://www.gameinformer.com/preview...franchise-mode

I hate to be THAT person but the draft presentation (while obviously an improvement) is still completely underwhelming compared to what I was expecting when I first read about it. As the article itself says, the commissioner doesn't come out on stage and put a hat on the player. The crowd should cheer or jeer a good or bad pick and based on the city it is in, react accordingly, but they don't. In fact the entire backdrop is completely useless apart from telling you who is the next pick. It kind of sums up the EA approach to Madden. It could be so much more, but unfortunately it isn't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2018, 02:18 PM   #2
MVP

saintrules's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: GameInformer Franchise article

"Overall, Franchise mode feels similar to those in recent years, and it seems the new scheme fits system is more like an extension of the weekly gameplan section's Focus Training where you're trying to maximize player growth rather than build schemes as a coach that help on game day."

I mean, that's just pathetic.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:21 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

It’s honestly pretty dumb that you can change your scheme from week to week. That is not something realistic whatsoever. A team doesn’t change their offensive/defensive scheme from YEAR TO YEAR (unless the coaching staff is fired) let alone from week to week.

The entire way scheme fits affect progression is just dumb and pointless fluff that you almost are seemingly encouraged to exploit. It’s not realistic and it’s not immersive.

I don’t think EA understands real life NFL.....
Old 07-23-2018, 02:25 PM   #4
MVP

Did anyone expect this to actually be, or to feel, any different? Mailing it in as usual. I guarantee you will hear in a few months about a focus for CFM in Madden 20 without any real improvement delivered.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:27 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintrules
"Overall, Franchise mode feels similar to those in recent years, and it seems the new scheme fits system is more like an extension of the weekly gameplan section's Focus Training where you're trying to maximize player growth rather than build schemes as a coach that help on game day."

I mean, that's just pathetic.
So they basically wasted valuable development time on making a “new” system that is more or less the same in its results... Rather than adding anything substantial and actually new to CFM. I am so sick of these guys but until the NFL allows another company to make a game we’re stuck with them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2018, 02:35 PM   #6
Rookie

cuppylove's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockl3y
It’s honestly pretty dumb that you can change your scheme from week to week. That is not something realistic whatsoever. A team doesn’t change their offensive/defensive scheme from YEAR TO YEAR (unless the coaching staff is fired) let alone from week to week.
I feel like this is something they were afraid people would whine about, and they're just heading it off. Plus, what do they lose? If you're a sim player, you just don't change your scheme week to week. If you want to game the system, then that option is there for you.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:36 PM   #7
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

Most of this stuff is stuff were already knew or could guess. This is in no way an overhaul of the mode, and anyone expecting it to be that was probably already fooling themselves. I like the progression improvements, but they obviously need to work harder on the logistics of the scheme fit. It can definitely be exploited and it doesn't make all the sense, but I've heard some people want it to be where they can change individual position scheme fits, which would completely break the progression system cuz they could just change the fit to whatever they have and reap the benefits.

The draft stuff isn't where we want it, but it's better than what we had.

This mode will still have the problem of feeling pretty lifeless, as they didn't do much to address the way it delivers news of the league to you, but this is a much better effort than in recent years.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:37 PM   #8
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Senior designer John White says the team contemplated some random earning of traits similar to the attribute points, but they declined to do it.
This was completely the wrong call, IMO. Purchasing traits are bad, static traits are bad, earning them during progression is perfect. I don't understanding the thinking here at all.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »