Home

Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang

This is a discussion on Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2018, 01:49 PM   #1
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Shaolin vs. Wutang

Please tell me one of you have played this game already. This fighting game was tailor-made for me, just discovered it. It's on sale for $9.37 this week on Steam and the reviews are very positive. It's only $13.99 normally. I'll be grabbing this later for sure, need it on PS4 too.

Quote:
Shaolin vs Wutang is a 1 on 1 INDIE CASUAL combat game featuring hand to hand and weapon combat, great music and inspired graphics.

No flashy over the top effects, just combat influenced by classic Kung Fu films. The game features authentic fighting sounds from films and a licensed soundtrack with great music from classic kung fu movies.

Shaolin vs Wutang is a real love letter to classic 70's and 80's Kung Fu cinema. This is a indie passion project that was made by one person who has tremendous passion for, and knowledge of Kung Fu films. It is not my intention to provide the same experience as big budget fighting games. But rather I hope to provide players with a satisfying gaming experience blended with nostalgia and reminiscence of the great Kung Fu films.

It is being released in early access so i can get valuable support and feedback in order to help the game reach its full potential.

With the help of the community we can create the ultimate Kung fu game!!

Current Features Include

Hand to hand and weapon combat
Dynamic blocking animations
Licensed Kung fu soundtrack featuring music from classic films
30 Inspired Characters
30 Stages
Unique moves and combos for every fighter
Single Player & Local Co-op

Last edited by Pappy Knuckles; 07-31-2018 at 01:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2018, 02:03 PM   #2
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang

I meant to buy this awhile back but totally forgot about it. I just bought it with the dlc and i'll let you know what i think but man, this looks like a no brainer for less than 10 bucks
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Old 07-30-2018, 02:07 PM   #3
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

Easy buy at that price. 30 characters and stages based off iconic fighting movies, c'mon. Can't wait to play it later.
Old 07-30-2018, 03:53 PM   #4
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0

Holy **** this looks amazing. If they manage to add the Five Deadly Venoms (looks like Snake style is already in) and Jimmy Yang Wu's one-armed boxer, this may very well become the best fighting game since Super Turbo.
Old 07-30-2018, 05:08 PM   #5
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

I've been playing this for two hours now. This game is incredible. It's impressive that one guy was able to put this together. They've also got it where you can play entirely HUDless, which is a nice option. I'd like him to add one where I can keep the HUD and remove my opponents too, that would be great.

This game is so much fun. I hope online is added at some point, but fighting the CPU has been very enjoyable. I'm on normal, but my Jim Kelly, Frank Dux, Pei Mei, and Bolo have been taking L's out here lol. The controls are simple but still work well with everyone having their own move set. You just have to experiment with each character to see what it does for them. The style and music are on point too. I'm so glad I discovered this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2018, 12:06 AM   #6
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

This game is awesome, just like out of a kung fu movie. I'm getting my *** beat though, i haven't got the timing and how to link combos well. Gotta practice! It's amazing a small group did this, imagine what it would be like to have a studio team behind it.

Music, sound effects is just amazing, if you're a kung fu fan this is a must buy.

I need to be patient i guess, i'm pretty much button mashing right now but i'm hooked

IG FB

Last edited by RockinDaMike; 07-31-2018 at 12:14 AM.
Old 07-31-2018, 01:53 AM   #7
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinDaMike
This game is awesome, just like out of a kung fu movie. I'm getting my *** beat though, i haven't got the timing and how to link combos well. Gotta practice! It's amazing a small group did this, imagine what it would be like to have a studio team behind it.

Music, sound effects is just amazing, if you're a kung fu fan this is a must buy.

I need to be patient i guess, i'm pretty much button mashing right now but i'm hooked
I played the hell out of this last night. Patience is definitely key. Once I started playing more in control things really started clicking for me. I ran through arcade with Lotus Palm and I'm very comfortable with her now. That was helpful.

I tried to give Ip Man a run, but I was getting my head beat in, he didn't seem to have much range on anything with that Wing Chun. Then again, I was still getting a grip on the mechanics then, so I'll have to mess with him again.

I love Tong Po's Muay Thai moves and grabbing dudes with Bolo feels so good. I tweeted the dev on Twitter a little bit ago just to let him know how much I appreciate this game. I'm more than pleased with this purchase.
Old 07-31-2018, 08:03 AM   #8
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

Re: Shaolin vs. Wutang

Eagle claw is my dude right now. I got the hang of him pretty quick.

This is a great base for future games, I hope they don’t get in trouble with copyright, most of them are dead on likeness.

I also geeked out a bit when I setup a Frank Dux /Chong Li match. So sick

I honestly can’t think of a style they are missing from the 70s and 80s movies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IG FB

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »