Home

What I need to know

This is a discussion on What I need to know within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2018, 09:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What I need to know

Ive been debating getting back into 2K5, as im not a Madden fan, but miss playing football.

Video wise, what is the best set-up for viewing, console wise?

Ease of play, whats the best system for downloading rosters, and rhe best system for their successful use? i.e. not crashing.

Any help would be greatly available, thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2018, 07:54 AM   #2
Rookie

gamingtrucker1's Arena

Re: What I need to know

I use a ps2 with component cables but i leave it in RGB and my tv accepts it fine.It's a 55 inch vizio,I use a AR max to move the rosters to my ps2.There are S video cables available for the ps2 anything will be better than composite.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:11 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamingtrucker1
I use a ps2 with component cables but i leave it in RGB and my tv accepts it fine.It's a 55 inch vizio,I use a AR max to move the rosters to my ps2.There are S video cables available for the ps2 anything will be better than composite.
So the components dont distort the output?

Does it fill up the entire screen?
Old 08-01-2018, 11:13 AM   #4
Just started!

I don't have a particularly powerful computer, (Built it 7 years ago at this point, the only update since then was to an Nvidia 770 quite a long time ago as well), so I just use a PS2 emulator. I have the game and system, so I don't feel any "legal" remorse for it, but it's easier and I can upconvert the video output to 1080p through the emulator, as well as transfer the save files into the virtual memory card using mymc. I then use a Steam Link to play the game on my TV. You set up a non steam application, and the Steam Link will show it. There's a great tool called the Steam ROM Manager that can set up this for you too.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:06 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think the PS2 emulation setup would be the highest quality, but hardest to setup.

When playing on XBOX 360, the setup is easy, the game is upscaled to 1080p/720p, but plays kinda choppy.

OG XBOX plays smooth and the video quality over component (plays in full screen) is quite better than PS2 over component (IMO). I'd say it looks better on a 720p plasma than a 1080p setup.

PS2 offers the lowest video quality but still will work.

EDIT: Playing with Downloaded Rosters on XBOX will require Action Replay, Mega-X-Key or FTP(Softmod).

Last edited by BAD_AL; 08-02-2018 at 03:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2018, 11:28 PM   #6
Rookie

Right out of the box, the Xbox version has video highlights for halftime and end of game, and in the franchise mode, there's a weekly highlight show with full video for the other games. I believe the PS2 version will only show slideshows with still pictures unless you have a hard drive attached. I'm not sure how this feature works when using an emulator.

Also, in the Xbox version, you can go back and view ANY individual play (and save a replay of it) during or after a game (before quitting). I'm not sure if this feature is also in the PS2 version.
Old 08-16-2018, 04:41 PM   #7
Rookie

Yes, with a HDD, the PS2 version has full motion halftime and postgame highlights. That can also be done on the emulator but you need a specific plugin and set it up correctly. There is a guide on youtube somewhere.

Also, yes the PS2 version can also play every replay at the end of a game and save them and iirc, a HDD is required for that as well. From what I can tell, the biggest omission compared to XB is the PS2 version cannot use custom music tracks for stadium music and the like, even with a HDD.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »