Home

Who else is recreating historic rosters?

This is a discussion on Who else is recreating historic rosters? within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2018, 03:14 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Who else is recreating historic rosters?

With the wonderful news of historic draft classes, I think recreating historic rosters are going to be more and more popular. I am planning on recreating a 06-07 roster and have a lot done leading up to release. Got me thinking who else is planning on recreating rosters? could be a good way to help each other out instead of separately working on the same years
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2018, 03:23 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Who else is recreating historic rosters?

If Play Now Online, myTeam, and myGM (traditional) doesn't consume all my time, I'd like to do something between '09-'14.
Old 08-03-2018, 09:37 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I'll be waiting and seeing how the new features work out. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the new Player DNA thing should allow gamers to upload individual created players for download by others, right? So theoretically Tgor, who made incredible CAPs in 2K17, could make a great Rasheed Wallace for everyone to download and add, right?

If that's the case, roster editing could really open up a bit this year, since the time it takes to create certain players would be whittled down to one talented artist instead of every single person who wants to make a roster.

If everything works as it should, the first thing I might want to do is fill out all the existing classic rosters on XBox One.
Old 08-03-2018, 10:41 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I'll be waiting and seeing how the new features work out. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the new Player DNA thing should allow gamers to upload individual created players for download by others, right? So theoretically Tgor, who made incredible CAPs in 2K17, could make a great Rasheed Wallace for everyone to download and add, right?

If that's the case, roster editing could really open up a bit this year, since the time it takes to create certain players would be whittled down to one talented artist instead of every single person who wants to make a roster.

If everything works as it should, the first thing I might want to do is fill out all the existing classic rosters on XBox One.
yea, Tgor's work is awesome. The only thing I was sightly ill about with the CAP system is it is a another 0-100 slider instead of the sculpting graph but in retrospect I think it does allow for a deeper detail
Old 08-03-2018, 11:34 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04

i m sure tgor will come back depending on how the cap system is this yr.

I have asked few 2k folks if Player DNA is cross platfrom like xb1 to ps4 or pc to xb1 like the team designs. But they dont know if it is, i hope it is so we can us hidden players from pc to console.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2018, 01:38 PM   #6
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokupguy
I have asked few 2k folks if Player DNA is cross platfrom like xb1 to ps4 or pc to xb1 like the team designs. But they dont know if it is, i hope it is so we can us hidden players from pc to console.
Doubt it. If rosters are not cross, there's no reason to believe Player DNA is.

Sonicmage NBA 2K18 Ratings 2017-18 season
Link to Ratings 1996-2017
Link to Ratings 1973-1996
Link to Ratings All-time

Discussion found here
Old 08-03-2018, 03:19 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I totally forgot to account for different systems. I reckon Tgor is a PS4 guy, isn't he? I'm going to have to find an XBox One guy with some CAP talent.

Though, if the CAP system is generally the same as it was in 2K17, Tgor's tutorials would still be beneficial.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »