Home

NBA Live 19: Official Franchise Thread

This is a discussion on NBA Live 19: Official Franchise Thread within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2018, 05:43 PM   #1
Rookie

Killuminati's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA Live 19: Official Franchise Thread

With NBA Live 19 upon us, I would love to generate as much excitement for the NBA side of things

NBA Live 18 made me fall in love with 'The One' mode much more than I anticipated. I still play every chance I get. However, what really drew me into basketball video games was franchise mode.

With that being said, what teams are you all excited to use for the upcoming season?

LeBron signing with LA is certainly a fun storyline but I'm actually thinking of having fun trying to make Cleveland good enough to make the playoffs, and make a run. How incredible would that be to build up Cleveland and get to the finals against LeBron in a couple of seasons lol

Realistic? No, but that is one of my fun ideas for a video game.

Also, feel free to add your WNBA franchise ideas. This is a feature that is hopefully coming for Live 19. If there are any other hard core WNBA fans out there like myself, I would love to hear your feed back on who you will choose and why.

Personaly, I'm a Indiana Fever fan, and I believe that the rookies from this past 2018 draft are the future of the franchise. So while we are the worst team now, I will look to usher in a new era led by Kelsey Mitchell and Victoria Vivians, lighting it up from deep. I'll be breaking lots of ankles with Cappie in the mean time as well lol

Let's have fun with this thread and show support for this mode. This is one way to let EA sports know how important it is to the fan base
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2018, 08:10 PM   #2
Rookie

chrislive1994's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA Live 19: Official Franchise Thread

Just some things i posted on the wishlist thread a while ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislive1994
Franchise/Dynasty/Owner Mode

1. Incorporate a style similar to MyGM in 2k but also elements that has been seen in successful virtual management modes like MVP Baseball 05's Owner Mode (what a great mode that was, it was kinda like Franchise and Dynasty's hot sister)

2. Incorporate use of mode with different leagues (WNBA exclusive franchise expansions/relocation)

3. Create an custom Owner, not just have your player take over a team (old Association modes in 2K had this); give option for male or female gender and backstory/personality traits)

4. Create a franchise/team - name of team, initials, create jerseys, fantasy draft roster or expansion draft. Allow up to 30 created teams (or keep this separate in the main menu and give the ability to upload created teams into the mode)

5. Create an Arena/Venue (similar to Madden 06 or MVP Baseball 05 Stadium Builder); start it from scratch, picking a arena name and based on your chosen team city's population density, whether it's rural or urban, pick an arena style, set dimensions, pick seat color, types, select sponsors and arena advertising, court designs (1 standard main home court design and allow for alternate home court designs) and have upgrades such as unlockable building tiers/visible arena upgrades, setting custom arena music/sounds, ticket and concessions prices, buy/sell/create arena stores, promotional game nights, finances, fan interaction, valet parking, etc. (team revenue will play a factor in trying to upgrade your arena settings, have revenue and upgrades affected based on W-L record, attendance, prices, player contracts, other misc. costs, etc.) (EA needs a slew of advertising sponsors to support future releases if they want guaranteed success)

6. Roster editing should come natural and standard out of the box (and not via a lengthy patch) with all the bells and whistles, no excuses. (as well as overall roster editing/management in the main menu)

7. Multiple team trading (3 team trading is a must, but 4 team trading would be a plus): PUT IN A TRADING BLOCK SIMILAR TO NHL GM MODES

8. I do like the individual player upgrading points system based on in game performance that was introduced in Live 18 Franchise mode, but IMO, I say let the points accumulate during the season/playoffs and allow for upgrading skills in the offseason for more of a realistic feel (or at least give an option in the Franchise/Dynasty settings menu)

9. Rookie/new player generator should be expected to work and not crash the mode/game

10. Have a viewable team rankings system that updates itself weekly thru the season

11. AGAIN Calendar Simulation should always be daily and never weekly. Hate having to sim a whole week just to figure out what the rest of the league has been up to. It messes with the spontaneity of league standings and stats. I guess some people like that weekly sim, so at the least give us an option to choose whether weekly or daily sim in the Franchise/Dynasty Settings menu.

Last edited by chrislive1994; 08-05-2018 at 08:21 PM.
Old 08-05-2018, 08:27 PM   #3
Rookie

chrislive1994's Arena

OVR: 1

Implementing the ESPN BottomLine ticker in game to see what's going on around the League (very useful for the NBA/WNBA Franchise/Dynasty/Single Player modes); Play Now exhibition games will have a real time BottomLine Ticker and show real NBA news and scores when connected online during the NBA season (kinda like NBA Today on 2K's play now menu); (the last few NCAA Football games were masters of using the ticker)

Also integrate the ticker during the Pregame/Halftime/and postgame segments to show your games and games occurring around the league as well.
Old 08-05-2018, 08:52 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislive1994
Implementing the ESPN BottomLine ticker in game to see what's going on around the League (very useful for the NBA/WNBA Franchise/Dynasty/Single Player modes); Play Now exhibition games will have a real time BottomLine Ticker and show real NBA news and scores when connected online during the NBA season (kinda like NBA Today on 2K's play now menu); (the last few NCAA Football games were masters of using the ticker)

Also integrate the ticker during the Pregame/Halftime/and postgame segments to show your games and games occurring around the league as well.
It used to be a thing, but alas...

Please make franchise mode great again:

* Trades - 3 team, draft picks further in the future, better cap management and realistic numbers
* Injuries - short-term and playable through with reduced ratings, long-term/season ending with no chance to play. Ability to rehab players in workout module
* Day by day schedule
* Default view should be calendar view
* Ability to edit rosters on franchise so I don't have to start over every time a trade happens
* Hot/cold streaks
* In game representation of these streaks
* Actual stats from games around the league with highlights of the various games, like there used to be
* Free agent negotiations/wooing, show their interest levels more clearly and if we even have a shot at getting them so we can look elsewhere, maybe add a separate attribute that they can be swayed easily or more difficultly to your team
* Online franchise/seasons mode
* Multiple team franchise - on and offline. We used to do this in Live 2005 with friends and we had a blast with it
* Ability to set ticket, parking, shop and concession pricing for extra profit during the up years and lower prices during down years
* More realistic rookie naming in draft classes
* Need lots of improvement in draft, trades during draft, better scouting of possible players, rookie contract negotiations
* Draft combine
* Summer workouts - team
* Individual workouts
* Preseason
* All Star break with full festivities like it used to be in Live 2005
* I do like the ability they have already for upgrading player attributes through the year, just build on that
* More GM centric views, trade rumors, hiring, firings of staff
* Track attendance during the season, reflect fan attendance in game
* Stadium upgrades would be cool
* All the stats you can muster, both player and team

That's all I can think of right now, I'm sure I'll at more later...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by dasunsrule32; 08-11-2018 at 08:57 PM.
Old 08-05-2018, 10:24 PM   #5
Rookie

Killuminati's Arena

I came up with a couple more interesting franchise ideas

1: Dirk's last chance to get another ring. Can the Mavs make enough moves to send their Legend into retirement on top?

2: What if... Carmelo went to Cleveland to replace LeBron in a bold attempt to resurrect his career and prove he is worthy of being considered one of the all time greats

I might end up doing idea #2 lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2018, 11:39 AM   #6
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Honestly I'm on the fence about NBA live because of the franchise mode..just don't want a flat mode give some immersion to it please

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2018, 02:59 PM   #7
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

Just need some information from EA.

Sent from my Pixel using Operation Sports mobile app

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Old 08-06-2018, 05:50 PM   #8
Rookie

Killuminati's Arena

I completely agree about wanting more info. Personally, I am dying to find out if we can do a WNBA franchise too. That is a simple bit of information, so I just want to know one way or the other at this point lol

Another solid franchise idea would be to try to make the Pacers a true contender now that LeBron has finally left for the western conference. The pacers likely had a few seasons where they could've made it to the Finals had they not had to go through LeBron lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »