Home

Madden NFL 19 Impressions (Retail Launch)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Impressions (Retail Launch) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 11:39 PM   #1
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Madden NFL 19 Impressions (Retail Launch)

As mentioned at the top of the original thread started last week, we're trying a new approach the user impressions this year, that being one for each significant title update.

The Hall of Fame Edition of the game will unlock for those who preordered it on all consoles at 12:00 AM EDT on August 7 and will include the title update already available for PC, EA Access, and Origin Access Premiere users.

This thread will lock permanently when the next major title update for Madden NFL 19 is released.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2018, 12:25 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 19 Impressions (Retail Launch)

Haven't seen this anywhere but when looking at rosters a lot of players are listed as weighing 160 lbs. All of the Denver Broncos RBs are listed at 160 lbs.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:26 AM   #3
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
Haven't seen this anywhere but when looking at rosters a lot of players are listed as weighing 160 lbs. All of the Denver Broncos RBs are listed at 160 lbs.
Should probably put this in the bugs thread.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:36 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

They finally got the Patriots' helmets right this year. They actually have that matte finish. Best they've ever looked in Madden.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:50 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Bought the Hall of Fame edition, still hasn't downloaded... any way to activate the download?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2018, 12:54 AM   #6
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
what system you playing on ? Everybody for me have different weights. I have the PC version.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:36 AM   #7
Rookie

steve115658's Arena

OVR: 9

These are my feelings after 5 games and they might be totally different tomorrow after I log a few more hours but..

To me the game looks and feels great. The players really run with a weight to them and it feels realistic. The passing game is tough but in a realistic good way. Computer qbs scramble and have off target throws! It looks like no robo qb at least so far. The rpm movement system causes some funky movements an animations on occasion but when it works it looks amazing, should grow to be a great feature as we learn it/ea updates it.

The running game is a mess on both sides right now. The cpu running backs seem to have no awareness about where to find a hole and are struggling to get anything going. I'm not faring much better with the Giants and Barkley although the jags and Texans are tough matchup and I'm averaging about 3.8 ypc so user running might be okay but cpu definitely needs work in a patch. Random gripe that might just be in my head hut tight ends seem really slow, using the Giants and engram hasn't gotten any separation nor have any of the tight ends I have faced

Cfm mode seems largely the same but the new progression system and a slightly improved in game presentation make it much more rewarding. Progression and proper scheme fits may actually work and add a nice layer to the game. The new menus are a nice touch and the ability to download draft classes is the biggest addition to this year's game for me

Overall I think with just an improvement to the run game this can be an all time great madden. Really feels like guys are playing to there ratings and you can feel the difference makers out there. Enough done with cfm to add replay value and keep me interested all year
Season 3: 16-3 Super Bowl Champions
Minnesota Vikings
Season 4: Coming soon
Old 08-07-2018, 05:58 AM   #8
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I got the game tonight. As I'm still unsettled as to what team I will use in Franchise, I instead played through one game (Cowboys vs Redskins), set up my MUT team, and powered through all of Longshot: Homecoming.

I liked the one full game I played. The lighting looks gorgeous. My players do feel more connected to the ground with the new RPM stuff. Noticed a few confusing commentary errors. All-Pro feels too easy and I'm probably going to have to jump to All-Madden, we'll see if I regret that. I willl need to play more before I have any more nuanced opinions about gameplay, but my first impression was good.

I opened up all the preorder and loyalty content with MUT and played around with some things in the UI (player upgrades, sets, etc.). I've actually got an OVR 75 team out-of-the-box, which is far better than I can remember starting with in any other Madden game. I still doubt I'll touch MUT much, but if I change my mind at least I can start with an OVR 81 Dak Prescott under center and not, say, OVR 60 Charlie Whitehurst (as much as I love me some Clipboard Jesus, just... no. lol)

I actually enjoyed the original Longshot in Madden 18. However, the goodwill I have for the concept has all but evaporated, because in Longshot: Homecoming that train has gone way off the rails. The actors try their best to sell the story and all turn in reasonable performances - even Rob Schneider, who is here inexplicably - but the writing is so unbelievable, the story is so far-fetched, and the stakes are artificially raised whenever possible and in every cliche way imaginable. The story feels even more linear than last year; I couldn't find any "fail" branches. There was one particularly frustrating moment where you cannot advance the story at all until you score a punt return touchdown. It's obvious that the game scenario designers knew this was a terrible pain point because it's the only gameplay scenario in the story which offers a "skip" option if you fail it too many times. They should have just cut it. Longshot still looks great in the Frostbite engine, but that's about the only other compliment I can offer it. Don't bother with it unless you want the achievements.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »