Home

Missing free agents after preseason

This is a discussion on Missing free agents after preseason within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2018, 07:45 AM   #1
Rookie

mszczesny's Arena

OVR: 0
Missing free agents after preseason

I noticed after the pre season over alot of the decent free agents just dissapear. Dez bryant is just gone as well as all the higher rated free agents. Checked the transaction screen and nobody signed these guys, theyre just gone. Really dissapointing. Am i the only that noticed this?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2018, 07:47 AM   #2
Rookie

SnakeEyez's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Missing free agents after preseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by mszczesny
I noticed after the pre season over alot of the decent free agents just dissapear. Dez bryant is just gone as well as all the higher rated free agents. Checked the transaction screen and nobody signed these guys, theyre just gone. Really dissapointing. Am i the only that noticed this?

In years past it was usually just lower rated players below a certain threshold that would disappear due to the game purging it's pool (i.e. everyone below 62OVR for example) to make room for draftees, etc in the new season.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:51 AM   #3
Rookie

mszczesny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyez
In years past it was usually just lower rated players below a certain threshold that would disappear due to the game purging it's pool (i.e. everyone below 62OVR for example) to make room for draftees, etc in the new season.

Yea that ive seen before. But these are the guys rates in the 80s. Dez, Rodgers-Cromartie, Eric Reid, Tre Boston,etc.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:06 AM   #4
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyez
The FA pool after week 1 ( regular season ) is capped at 640 players ( in M18) with set numbers at each position.

Previous to M17 this was indeed done by OVR ( ie removing the lower rated players) but this changed in M17 and now it is done by age , removing older players first

This tends to hit hardest at WR , CB and HB where initial rosters tend to be heavily populated

It's not ideal but it doesn't work too badly IMO

Note : the transaction report gets swamped by the preseason cuts and is incomplete in my experience around that time , it's highly likely the top FAs were signed ( if you check team rosters ) at least in my limited testing
Old 08-09-2018, 05:44 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
The FA pool after week 1 ( regular season ) is capped at 640 players ( in M18) with set numbers at each position.

Previous to M17 this was indeed done by OVR ( ie removing the lower rated players) but this changed in M17 and now it is done by age , removing older players first

This tends to hit hardest at WR , CB and HB where initial rosters tend to be heavily populated

It's not ideal but it doesn't work too badly IMO

Note : the transaction report gets swamped by the preseason cuts and is incomplete in my experience around that time , it's highly likely the top FAs were signed ( if you check team rosters ) at least in my limited testing

Can't confirm for anyone else, but Dez Bryant tdefinitely disappeared in mine. I'm sure others did as well. I was just only looking for Dez. I checked every teams roster, injuries, transactions, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2018, 06:02 PM   #6
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBaC0n
Can't confirm for anyone else, but Dez Bryant tdefinitely disappeared in mine. I'm sure others did as well. I was just only looking for Dez. I checked every teams roster, injuries, transactions, etc.
Can't confirm for 19 but in years past the majority of top older players disappear if not on a team. Some have shown back up the next season but most are gone forever.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-09-2018, 06:12 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

This game is such a mess. They make it hard for us to recommend this game to our friends when sh*t like this is the standard.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:17 PM   #8
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBaC0n
Older players at specific positions definitely do get deleted , there is a set maximum limit at each position ( totalling 640) only way to control it is to do 32 team control and sign them or do the work for the game and delete players yourself ( by turning them into 40 yo at a position that is over populated)

Edit : in my test CFM bryant gets signed but the oldest FA WR is 26

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »