Home

Madden 19 What happened to the physics?

This is a discussion on Madden 19 What happened to the physics? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2018, 10:47 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Madden 19 What happened to the physics?

Did the devs explain why the physics are toned so far down this year? There's no gang tackling this year. You used to be able to affect the canned animations with other players getting there late.

Think that's the reason for the bad solo tackle animations. They want the play over fast so it wouldn't showcase the physics being a non factor this year.

This is football we want gang talking. momentum and weight should play a part. I'm seeing bell and fournette getting laid out by one defensive back. It should be 11 hats to the ball not one guy and the play is over
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2018, 11:01 AM   #2
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden 19 What happened to the physics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeboyfresh23
Did the devs explain why the physics are toned so far down this year? There's no gang tackling this year. You used to be able to affect the canned animations with other players getting there late.

Think that's the reason for the bad solo tackle animations. They want the play over fast so it wouldn't showcase the physics being a non factor this year.

This is football we want gang talking. momentum and weight should play a part. I'm seeing bell and fournette getting laid out by one defensive back. It should be 11 hats to the ball not one guy and the play is over

I feel your pain. Its terrible when a RB is running to the line of scrimmage and one just one guy is able to tackle him and get drove or stuck in an animation and when others try to tackle, it seems they aren't even there because the RB and Defender get stuck in an animation and it has to play out before anyone can affect the RB. You can have your defense dive and hit him but the RB doesn't get affected or his momentum just trucks through them. or the WR gets hit by one and then another would come in and clean it up but the 2nd player (Sometimes the 1st tackler) gets in a wonky animation and doesn't even affect the play. I believe they had to do one or the other with Animations and RPM or Physics with Animations. I just don't get it. But RPM does feel pretty good when figured out.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:17 AM   #3
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

From what I've seen so far the physics are much worse than they were in 17 and 18. As awesome as RPM feels as the ball carrier, is it also the reason for the ridiculous movement by the CPU's defenders?

I'm fairly certain I'll put CPU tackle at zero and test it upwards from there. So many big hits, too many crazy shoestring tackles from 3-5 yards behind the ball carrier, and too much warping by zone defenders in passing situations. It's nice to have a challenge but not at the expense of realism.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-10-2018, 11:22 AM   #4
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5

madden always has tackling too rigid out of the box. too many 1 on 1 strong tackles. dbs tackling a hb running full speed with steam. i always end up with tackling in the 25 to 35 range. then u can finally bounce off some tackles and it takes more than 1 person to bring down ppl as it should be
----------------------
Madden Since '92
Old 08-10-2018, 12:05 PM   #5
Rookie

I hope they can unlock more tackle animations at least. If the gang tackling had to take a back seat for RPM. At least give us more than 3or4 tackles for the whole year lol.

Its another reason for such low running yards. Most backs fall forward for 1 or 2 extra yards on contact in real life. In Madden 19 there is no fight for every yard with ball carriers

I don't want anyone going Marshawn lynch. I just want proper tackles playing out the way we as football fans know they should. Could a defensive back tackle fournette one on one? Definitely! But he not gonna blow him up! He's gonna go low or hang on until help arrives.

It kills immersion. It's like Shaq or DeAndre Jordan draining 90%from the foul line.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2018, 12:53 PM   #6
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

I think they did this to clean up the after play physics wonkyness, they didn't improve the physics they simply dialed it back, smh.
Old 08-10-2018, 01:24 PM   #7
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

There’s no gang tackling? From the beta and EA Access that I played the tackling was way better than in 18. Defenders will latch on and another defender will even come sometimes and jump on top of the ball carrier to tackle them. What am I missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2018, 01:42 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I've seen plenty of gang tackling, I have no idea what game you guys are playing LOL

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »