Home

Long term progression

This is a discussion on Long term progression within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2018, 06:49 PM   #1
Rookie

steve115658's Arena

OVR: 9
Long term progression

How is everyone seeing the new progression play out? My first two seasons led to some concerning results, Lorenzo Carter won droy and was in the running for dpoy and went up 3 overall points for the year, Kyle luletta was my starting qb for 13 weeks and played decently but only went up by 2 overall points.

Seems hard to have a true breakout player, anybody having decent results with this?
Season 3: 16-3 Super Bowl Champions
Minnesota Vikings
Season 4: Coming soon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2018, 10:50 PM   #2
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Long term progression

Yup. You've pretty much got to have Superstar trait and a record-breaking year to get a player to level up more than one or two points.

Most of the players are fairly static. Maybe it'll change in later updates, but I doubt it, because the latest update made it harder to upgrade younger players.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:05 AM   #3
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve115658
How is everyone seeing the new progression play out? My first two seasons led to some concerning results, Lorenzo Carter won droy and was in the running for dpoy and went up 3 overall points for the year, Kyle luletta was my starting qb for 13 weeks and played decently but only went up by 2 overall points.

Seems hard to have a true breakout player, anybody having decent results with this?
Not commenting on the actual issue, but your examples are flawed. Production does not lead to progression, it's the other way around (Which is why XP sucks).

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Old 08-13-2018, 02:17 AM   #4
Rookie

beastmode2013's Arena

EA lied about production = progression. Big shock. Gold medal all the practices if you want more simulated progression I guess
Old 08-13-2018, 03:37 AM   #5
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Easiest answer is XP sliders. Check the slider forum. Will alleviate a lot of issues with progression.

Sent from my LG-AS993 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2018, 03:55 AM   #6
Rookie

beastmode2013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Easiest answer is XP sliders. Check the slider forum. Will alleviate a lot of issues with progression.

Sent from my LG-AS993 using Tapatalk
That has nothing to do with gaining points from production. EA said that players will gain points to level up without having to train/gain XP.
Old 08-13-2018, 04:58 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode2013
That has nothing to do with gaining points from production. EA said that players will gain points to level up without having to train/gain XP.
Sorry to say, they lied. I've been simming and messing around with the xp sliders and I haven't seen anyone get better from production. In fact, what I've noticed is that even if a rookie receiver gets 80 catches, 8 touchdowns, and 1,000 yards, he will only gain 1 or 2 skill points. So my rookie receiver who came into the league as an 79 is now an 81. Big whoop. Eeveryone knows in real life if a guy did that he would be rated at least an 85 when the next Madden game came out.

XP sliders need to be adjusted desperately. I usually use TDawgs from this forum but he's not doing it this year because the Madden companion app hasn't come out. He vouches for BleedGreen but his sliders don't seem to have any growth at all for certain positions. In fact, some positions he left lower than the default xp.

Looks like I'll have to sim multiple times myself to so what the eff is up.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:07 PM   #8
Rookie

I have not yet completed a full season but I did notice on one occasion that strength was one of the traits that was improved. Combined with the other traits that increased - it was one skill point but the equivalent of a lot of XP. Strength surprised me though since it’s not cheap. Has anyone seen speed accel or agility increase?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »