Home

MyTeam has become unplayable

This is a discussion on MyTeam has become unplayable within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2018, 05:13 PM   #1
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

OVR: 0

Remember in 2k17 when they removed the Dynamic Ratings cards that they had in 2k16 because they “wanted to put more emphasis on the ‘moments’ cards”?

Well 2k procceeded to release 16 cards rated as a 99 overall in 2k17, compared to the mere 5 cards rated as a 99 overall in 2k16.

2k18 really jumped the shark, release a grand total of 53 cards rated as a 99 overall.

I mean what’s the point of this? All 53 of those cards play like exactly the same person? Do we really need a 99 overall Lou Williams and Lonzo Ball and Donovan Mitchell and Ben Simmons and Rudy Gobert and Baron Davis?

Bring back the dynamic ratings cards and stop inflating the ratings to the heavens. It’s become absolutely atrocious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2018, 05:18 PM   #2
Rookie

I been saying this for the longest. Ever since contracts became a thing I suspected the shark approach nearing by. Make no doubt about it, as top 10 on PNO, I’ll still buy and give the game my all in terms of hours put in, in addition to commenting where posts like this are concerned (addressing important issues like this one). But is just how it works... we can never give these guys enough credit for the game they’ve put together. Specifically referring to having New all time teams, post/dribble moves, unmatchable player movement & such.

As an attribute to your argument, there should not be this many 99 overall player’s period. To piggy back, there shouldn’t be this amount of players shooting 3s at a 89+ rating clip either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Young Coaches; 08-14-2018 at 05:21 PM.
Old 08-14-2018, 05:20 PM   #3
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Re: MyTeam has become unplayable

I thought MyTeam was already unplayable at the very beginning of the year when I was going after that Sapphire Marcus Camby card in Supermax.

The flaws in the gameplay mechanics on a standard game are magnified to the extreme in MyTeam due to the endless amount of absurd ratings and badges and even dunk tendencies.

MyTeam 2k16 was really fun because like you said, there were limitations to every card. There were no HOF badges either (which ruin the game).

Now, all you need is a 5 out set with a slasher to blow by or drive & kick for EASY 3s.

MyTeam is barely a notch below park mode in terms of arcadiness, and that completely closes the skill gap.

PNO is a lot better in terms of rewarding solid fundamental basketball, and I've been able to win 58% of my games with the sorry 2003 Mavs constantly having to go up against guys that use the '13 Heat, '12 Thunder, '08 Nuggets, '04 Lakers, & '96 Bulls, all significantly more talented teams. In MyTeam though, I don't think I've won more than 40% of my games with an all diamond squad. It's atrocious & you feel like you lose brain cells with each game seeing how dumb basketball is being rewarded play after play.

Last edited by Cowboyfan_19; 08-14-2018 at 05:28 PM.
Old 08-14-2018, 05:21 PM   #4
MVP

I don't even play MyTeam and I was confused as to why they were giving out all of these pink diamonds. I was thinking like man a bunch of these players don't even deserve a 90 overall, this must be ruining the game mode for the people that really like to play it.
Old 08-14-2018, 07:15 PM   #5
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaVsFaN2273
I don't even play MyTeam and I was confused as to why they were giving out all of these pink diamonds. I was thinking like man a bunch of these players don't even deserve a 90 overall, this must be ruining the game mode for the people that really like to play it.
Hmmmmm...what's a typical starting 5 out curiosity? I would think people would pretty much have the same team after a while.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2018, 07:31 PM   #6
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Hmmmmm...what's a typical starting 5 out curiosity? I would think people would pretty much have the same team after a while.

PG: 99 Ben Simmons
SG: 99 Kobe Bryant

SF: 99 Kevin Durant
SF: 98 Kawhi Leonard
C: 97 Demarcus Cousins

Absolutely unguardable. That's what you see on the average game.
Old 08-14-2018, 07:39 PM   #7
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
PG: 99 Ben Simmons
SG: 99 Kobe Bryant

SF: 99 Kevin Durant
SF: 98 Kawhi Leonard
C: 97 Demarcus Cousins

Absolutely unguardable. That's what you see on the average game.
No Jordan? Scary....
Old 08-14-2018, 10:07 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

This was the worst year for MyTeam since I started playing it in 2K14.

In previous years, most MyTeam cards would have legitimate strengths and weaknesses that you had to gameplan around.

But this year, every popular card in the game could speed boost, contact dunk, and shoot threes (including centers and power forwards who never shot threes IRL).

2K18 took all of the strategy out of the mode and just dumbed it down to lowest common denominator garbage where every card plays the same and has access to all of the same HOF superpowers.

It was also so easy to obtain super cards for cheap on the marketplace that all of the cards you could earn by playing the offline modes were just a waste of time to go after.

And the lack of positional restrictions meant that all point guard cards under 6'7" were unusable online, since everyone would just use 6'8" to 6'11" small forwards as their team's point guard.

Last edited by jyoung; 08-15-2018 at 12:18 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »