Home

My one complaint with custom draft classes

This is a discussion on My one complaint with custom draft classes within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2018, 09:19 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
My one complaint with custom draft classes

I feel like it takes all the drama away from scouting and trying to find some hidden gems.... I downloaded a pretty realistic 2019 class last night. I started doing some scouting but all the players are paint by numbers. I went in and edited a few of the guys projected to go undrafted and gave them some unique skills to differentiate them just a little bit. So there can be some hidden gems. Anyone else have any ideas on how to make it interesting?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2018, 10:37 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: My one complaint with custom draft classes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmaloney15
I feel like it takes all the drama away from scouting and trying to find some hidden gems.... I downloaded a pretty realistic 2019 class last night. I started doing some scouting but all the players are paint by numbers. I went in and edited a few of the guys projected to go undrafted and gave them some unique skills to differentiate them just a little bit. So there can be some hidden gems. Anyone else have any ideas on how to make it interesting?
Same. It's why I decided to go Auto generated or ficitonal
Old 08-16-2018, 11:58 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
I feel like it takes all the drama away from scouting and trying to find some hidden gems.... I downloaded a pretty realistic 2019 class last night. I started doing some scouting but all the players are painted by numbers. I went in and edited a few of the guys projected to go undrafted and gave them some unique skills to differentiate them just a little bit. So there can be some hidden gems. Anyone else have any ideas on how to make it interesting?
Not sure what class you are using, and I haven't started my CFM yet so I have no experience using a custom draft class, but IMO a lot of the issues to me is scouting is too easy. I personally limit myself to only scouting the first trait on about 60 players (usually focus on positional needs/scheme fits). In the off-season after combine results, I then allow me to scout the 2nd trait of about 3-5 players. I never scout all three traits of any players and never use all my points (since I'm only scouting about 60 players).

I play in an online CFM with just two users (which we both trust to follow the above guidelines) so not how you could enforce or trust in a larger CFM unfortunately.
Old 08-16-2018, 12:40 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger91
Not sure what class you are using, and I haven't started my CFM yet so I have no experience using a custom draft class, but IMO a lot of the issues to me is scouting is too easy. I personally limit myself to only scouting the first trait on about 60 players (usually focus on positional needs/scheme fits). In the off-season after combine results, I then allow me to scout the 2nd trait of about 3-5 players. I never scout all three traits of any players and never use all my points (since I'm only scouting about 60 players).

I play in an online CFM with just two users (which we both trust to follow the above guidelines) so not how you could enforce or trust in a larger CFM unfortunately.

Good point... I play offline primarily. It just seems to go in order 1-32 for overalls so using a customer draft class with real life players just kind of bores me. I was hoping I would like it.
Old 08-16-2018, 02:13 PM   #5
Rookie

JustADashOfDak's Arena

Quote:
Good point... I play offline primarily. It just seems to go in order 1-32 for overalls so using a customer draft class with real life players just kind of bores me. I was hoping I would like it.
The fictional classes by Raiders and Sapp are really good if you want that. They make their own scouting reports and stories for the prospects and everything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2018, 03:27 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustADashOfDak
The fictional classes by Raiders and Sapp are really good if you want that. They make their own scouting reports and stories for the prospects and everything.
oh ok cool ill check those out... thanks
Old 08-17-2018, 07:17 PM   #7
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17

If you aren't a fan of the feature, don't use it. Using the generated ones again will reintroduce the drama you're looking for.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-18-2018, 12:34 PM   #8
Rookie

TheDominator273's Arena

Sounds like the draft you used just didn't have any gem/bust players built in by changing players projections

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »