Home

Injury ratings

This is a discussion on Injury ratings within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2018, 10:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Injury ratings

I know there was a thread or discussion somewhere but can't seem to locate it. But anyone know the injury rating that a player rarely gets hurt? I know almost players are in high 70s and up naturally.

All my players injury rating is now 40-55. And I been having a lot of those little hurt for a few play injuries at almost every position. My QB has been kicked out if 2 of my 5 games with elbow bruise,back to back games, he has been denoted. My kick returner usually gets knocked out for a play or two after every other return. I have a safety and corners get knocked out few plays. (Injuries where you don't get notified about but see them laying on ground and not in for plays) plus a handful 1 and 2 quarter injuries. So my backups getting some nice reps.

I'm just trying to figure at what point in the ratings does it get to the point you rarely see I injuries. So I know to keep an eye on the off season progress and don't allow it to go over that limit where you don't see a lot of injuries anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2018, 11:18 PM   #2
MVP

young22's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Injury ratings

The thing about injuries is that IRL everyone is banged up a bit but not that many guys are injured to the point they can't play. No football game has ever really implemented that, NBA 2k has a pretty good system but even they don't capture it. It should be like, half your guys have -1, -2 in a bunch of spots but the amount of big injuries is pretty spot on when you lowe ratings. I also generate training camp injuries before the year.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-20-2018, 02:01 PM   #3
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

I think it was like a scale for realistic injuries: QB's -15, RB's -20 or 30...I don't remember the numbers. OL is -70, and defense is -30 or 40.

I've done this so far. Both RB's have been a bit dinged up, but nothing long term yet. I just lost a WR for a dislocated thumb, which will be a 1 week injury (house rule). QB's are yet to go down.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-20-2018, 03:00 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
I think it was like a scale for realistic injuries: QB's -15, RB's -20 or 30...I don't remember the numbers. OL is -70, and defense is -30 or 40.

I've done this so far. Both RB's have been a bit dinged up, but nothing long term yet. I just lost a WR for a dislocated thumb, which will be a 1 week injury (house rule). QB's are yet to go down.
I've been using the most recent Stonecalf edits that I could find, which are:

Offense:
QB (-30)
HB/FB (-25)
TE (-30)
WR (-40)
OLINE (-80)

Defense:
Dline (-80)
LB (-70)
DB's (-40)
P/K (-60)

So far, I've been getting great results. Lost my QB for the remainder of the game, twice. Lost my FB for two weeks. FS for 9 weeks (rest of season) with a broken ankle. CB for 9 weeks (rest of season) with a strained back. And LOLB for several weeks (can't remember how many) with broken ribs. One of my WR also gets dinged up a lot, but comes back the same game. I've only been playing with these edits for 4 games.
Old 08-21-2018, 05:04 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19

Just had my 2nd string RB have a season ending injury, with a broken collarbone. Luckily, it was in the bowl game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2018, 11:09 AM   #6
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa

Offense:
QB (-30)
HB/FB (-25)
TE (-30)
WR (-40)
OLINE (-80)

Defense:
Dline (-80)
LB (-70)
DB's (-40)
P/K (-60)

So far, I've been getting great results. Lost my QB for the remainder of the game, twice. Lost my FB for two weeks. FS for 9 weeks (rest of season) with a broken ankle. CB for 9 weeks (rest of season) with a strained back. And LOLB for several weeks (can't remember how many) with broken ribs. One of my WR also gets dinged up a lot, but comes back the same game. I've only been playing with these edits for 4 games.
I use these also and they are money. You'll see offensive line get hurt as well.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 08-22-2018, 12:52 PM   #7
MVP

young22's Arena

I had one of my backs go down with a ruptured disk, season ending, though he'll only miss 4 games and a potential bowl. Lost my QB earlier in the year to a knee cartilage tear, 5 weeks. Had a bunch of little "out for game" injuries, some of them I extend myself to up the challenge and for realism's sake. Had a guy only be "out for game" with a high ankle sprain. I probably get 1-3 injuries a game with the injury edits

Sent from my SM-A520W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-22-2018, 02:47 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa

Offense:
QB (-30)
HB/FB (-25)
TE (-30)
WR (-40)
OLINE (-80)

Defense:
Dline (-80)
LB (-70)
DB's (-40)
P/K (-60)

Yep, I use these too. I think they're a must-use if you're looking for anything to make dynasty harder/feel more organic. Really like the balance of injuries. I also turn stamina down on all my players, too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »