Home

How much xp does it take to get an upgrade in CFM?

This is a discussion on How much xp does it take to get an upgrade in CFM? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2018, 03:48 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
How much xp does it take to get an upgrade in CFM?

I realize there is probably a lot to this; nevertheless there is plenty of ambiguity on how much XP translates into an opportunity to upgrade a player in CFM...

I do not know this for sure but I am ASSUMING that AGE - OVERALL RATING and POSSIBLY POSITION may all have an impact on the answer... maybe there are other factors?

The only clue that i can find is the meter under the overall rating on the player card screen - it fills up when you get an upgrade... - but this is far from exact; quantifying this meter in a meaningful way is difficult (but at least its something,)

Not sure that the amount of xp earned has a linear relationship with upgrades... (I have noticed getting upgrades at positions that only had earned negligible amounts if xp) - but perhaps there is a second way of attaining upgrades that has nothing to do with XP????

Another curious aspect to this is that there is no place in the game to see how much XP each player has "in the bank" - you can look on progression history and see how much they earns week to week (then add them up...) - but I found it strange that the XP running total was not included...

I am sure I am not only person who would like to know more about this... - love to hear from people "in the know" - instead of only speculating which many of us are doing now...

Last edited by GREENERRRR; 08-20-2018 at 03:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2018, 07:32 PM   #2
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: How much xp does it take to get an upgrade in CFM?

The only way I've seen to see how much xp they have "in the bank", so to speak, is to set them for focus training. You'll see on their an actual number for how much xp they have
Old 08-20-2018, 10:45 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamhat1915
The only way I've seen to see how much xp they have "in the bank", so to speak, is to set them for focus training. You'll see on their an actual number for how much xp they have

That's interesting - I will look at that closer next trai ing session...

Nobody seems to have insight on this...

Players my first madden 19 and league game tonight - kicker hit two 50 yard FGs - he got a skill upgrade (and he certainly had not received much xp in the prior 4 preseason games / training sessions) - so something in our game triggered his skill upgrade occurring...

Like to know what these items are - not sure why they left them as such a mystery...
Old 08-21-2018, 04:26 AM   #4
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREENERRRR
That's interesting - I will look at that closer next trai ing session...

Nobody seems to have insight on this...

Players my first madden 19 and league game tonight - kicker hit two 50 yard FGs - he got a skill upgrade (and he certainly had not received much xp in the prior 4 preseason games / training sessions) - so something in our game triggered his skill upgrade occurring...

Like to know what these items are - not sure why they left them as such a mystery...

If you look underneath the OVR there, there's a bar that shows you how close or far a player is away from gaining his next skill point. I'm not sure exactly how much XP it takes to upgrade and I'm fairly certain it will differ for nearly every player based on things like DEV, age, position, etc.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:48 AM   #5
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0

Also, not every player starts at 0 XP in CFM, I had Deshaun Watson get an SP point in his first weekly training (match scheme and personal training too) and not another for a while after.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2018, 12:46 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude
Also, not every player starts at 0 XP in CFM, I had Deshaun Watson get an SP point in his first weekly training (match scheme and personal training too) and not another for a while after.

That's the kind of thing that makes people wonder if the distribution of skill upgrades is just random...

I am in a 32 player fantasy draft league - not sure why any player would start with any xp - it's simply unfair...

my kicker in week one got the skill point upgrade when he only received negligible amount of xp (although he had strong game- by kicking two fifty yarders to win the game for me) - this has made me think that something other then just XP is in play when rewarding skill point upgrades...

The question is what is that? And why all secracy around this critical aspect of the game that CFM players enjoy so much?
Old 08-22-2018, 04:23 AM   #7
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREENERRRR
That's the kind of thing that makes people wonder if the distribution of skill upgrades is just random...

I am in a 32 player fantasy draft league - not sure why any player would start with any xp - it's simply unfair...

my kicker in week one got the skill point upgrade when he only received negligible amount of xp (although he had strong game- by kicking two fifty yarders to win the game for me) - this has made me think that something other then just XP is in play when rewarding skill point upgrades...

The question is what is that? And why all secracy around this critical aspect of the game that CFM players enjoy so much?
Also your first SP spent can seem reaaaallly crap sometimes, like one or two attributes, as the ratings they already have are close to a +1ovr upgrade, so it doesn't take much to bump them up. I suspect this could be why they have different starting XP to account for this??
Old 08-22-2018, 06:03 AM   #8
Rookie

Fredette's Arena

I'm not 100% sure, but i think NFL-veterans have already XP points earned and rookies start with zero XP points in CFM...

Also take a look into a players profile...there is a tab called "progression history".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »