Home

Rumor: XFL part of Madden NFL 20

This is a discussion on Rumor: XFL part of Madden NFL 20 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 01:47 AM   #1
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Rumor: XFL part of Madden NFL 20

Seems really weird to me, but it makes sense that EA would want to aggressively defend it's strangehold on football video games.

I was searching why Renee Young replaced Jonathan Coachman on Raw last week, and found this.

http://www.ringsidenews.com/2018/08/...-off-raw-week/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringside News
Renee Young had to fill in for Jonathan Coachman this week on Raw as he was away on assignment. He’s been away before and Booker T filled in for him. But apparently, Coach wasn’t needed for the Gold Network this time around.

Joe Peisich noted on Barnburner Radio’s Fired Up podcast said Coachman was actually absent from Raw because his services were needed for the XFL.

"“The Coach was away on assignment, yeah the assignment, he’s doing show prep for the XFL by the way. He’s the voice of that in Madden ’19.” [said Peisich- added, adembroski]

It looks like not only is Coachman working on some kind of very special assignment, but the XFL could also be a part of the upcoming Madden football game, so that’s very interesting as well.
So clearly we're dealing wresting people here rather than football people, so they're probably mixing up which Madden it would be in (I suppose EA could be planning some kind of XFL dlc, but considering cities haven't even been chosen yet, I doubt this), so I think if they did really hear anything, they're just naming the wrong year.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 08-21-2018 at 01:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2018, 01:50 AM   #2
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Rumor: XFL part of Madden NFL 20

That'd seem like a really strange inclusion, but I'll take any expansion of franchise I can get.
Old 08-21-2018, 01:53 AM   #3
Rookie

Jay_AB81's Arena

OVR: 0

Would it be Madden 20 or 21? Since the XFL doesn't start until Spring 2020, the AAF starts in Spring 2019. Would be interesting if they did some sort of DLC or addition with the XFL.
Old 08-21-2018, 01:57 AM   #4
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_AB81
Would it be Madden 20 or 21? Since the XFL doesn't start until Spring 2020, the AAF starts in Spring 2019. Would be interesting if they did some sort of DLC or addition with the XFL.
I imagine they'd get them in the first year after we have cities and team names and player's having begun being signed, even if that's a year before they begin play. AAF is barely a blip on the radar right now, so I'm guessing EA would bet on XFL being the more successful just because Vince is involved.

Personally I'm kind of angry about AAF. They pop up out of nowhere after Vince's announcement and happen to be lead by Vince's previous AAF business partner, it feels like a petty move to undermine Vince, and then rush to market with perhaps the dumbest allocation rules I've ever seen. It's very strange.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 08-21-2018, 03:16 AM   #5
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

XFL DLC, especially DLC you have to pay for, would be such an EA thing to do. If it does happen I hope they do a better job with that DLC then they did with the FIFA World Cup and the Star Wars Battlefront 2 DLC.

Last edited by Rocket32; 08-21-2018 at 03:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2018, 03:56 AM   #6
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Given how protective the NFL is with their intellectual property, I'd personally be utterly shocked if any non-NFL teams ever found their way into Madden proper - be they from the XFL, AAF, CFL, Arena League, or wherever else.

I suppose it's possible that XFL players could find their way into Madden NFL Mobile, however, since there's precedent for it. CFL players appeared in that game recently.
Old 08-21-2018, 04:28 AM   #7
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

This seems like some pretty wild speculation. Maybe I'm missing something but I'm not understanding how him doing "show prep for the XFL" somehow equates to the XFL being a part of Madden. Yeah he's the new pre-game/halftime guy for Madden but that's a pretty huge jump to make, even speculation wise.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:12 AM   #8
MVP

The article references him being part of the XFL presentation in Madden 19, I think it is more they were confused what he was actually doing since he is in the game. That aside there is 0% chance the NFL would allow their license to be used in the same shipped product as the XFL. In all honesty it makes no sense for them to do it for a multitude of reasons.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »