Home

MUSINGS, CHUCKLES AND SLIDERS... courtesy of the Wiz

This is a discussion on MUSINGS, CHUCKLES AND SLIDERS... courtesy of the Wiz within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2018, 03:06 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
MUSINGS, CHUCKLES AND SLIDERS... courtesy of the Wiz

Wiz may have a breakthrough...

CPU run game is ALIVE! Labbing it out and hope to have a suggestion soon.

Default EA rosters.
ALL-STAR mode.

Goal was to get the CPU run game to be smarter, more aggressive and tame the dancing/uncertainty in the backfield. Also, the tackling has to be tamed by EA, it is waaaaay out of whack and does not represent the players actual tackling trait. It's as if the tackling field is way to large.

If the community is OK at the present with walking away from straight 50's across the board for all slider values for HUM and CPU, the Wiz may have a brew that will make the present version of M19 more fun. May go back to all 50's across the board after the first patch, but for now, these baby's are putting a "10-team parlay winning ticket" grin on Wiz's grill.

I do not plan to have an active "SLIDER" recommendation page, but I am willing to share solutions as my lab comes across them. Lab's focus is to address and iron out general common frustrations for the Madden Community.

Present frustrations that lab is seeking a solution for include:

1) Where the blankity-blank-blank is the CPU run game?

2) Is it me or is the tackling in M19 waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to aggressive and always perfectly on point? It's as if there never is ANY missed tackles and this is total b.s. if you watch the actual pro game, where I have seen my fair share of missed tackles that cost me stacks with the bookie, if you know what I mean.

Stay tuned...

Wiz....out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2018, 04:13 PM   #2
Pro

Re: MUSINGS, CHUCKLES AND SLIDERS... courtesy of the Wiz

UPDATE....

Getting there on providing some recommendations. Patch threw a wrench in previous lab work that was already in the books.

Have to say though, the game play IS NOT better after the patch for those that prefer Franchise mode.

Wiz...out
Old 08-24-2018, 01:59 AM   #3
Pro

Your welcome.....

V.2a (update version) ALL-PRO SIM RECOMMENDATIONS to TEST

1. DELETE YOUR PROFILE
2. When you start up, and you are asked your preferred game style, select SIMULATION.
3. Still in startup, and you are asked your preferred level of play, select ALL MADDEN.
4. In the Main Menu, set the following:
Skill Level: All Madden
Game Style: SIMULATION
Game Speed: VERY SLOW
Quarter Length: Default (do not touch setting)
Play Clock: Default
Accelerated Clock: Default
Remaining Time: Default
Game Speed: Default
Auto Flip Defensive Play Call: Off
Ball Hawk: Off
Auto Strafe: Off
Heat Seeker: Off
Switch Assist: Off
Coach Mode: Off
Injuries: 25
Fatigue: 50
Player Speed Parity Scale: 1
Ball Carrier Moves: MANUAL

5. [OPTIONAL] Next, in Visual feedback, under the "on field" section, set everything to OFF with the exception of franchise ticker (SCORES ONLY), player names, and pre-snap menu
Turn camera toggle off, passing camera off, offensive camera to WIDE. and defensive camera to WIDE (to your preference)
6. [OPTIONAL} Audio settings:
Master volume- 100
in-game commentary- 80
stadium speakers- 70
crowd volume- 100
on field- 65
menu music- 25
menu sfx- 75

7. Fire up a new CFM and choose the DEFAULT ROSTER ( OPTIONAL ). I ONLY USE “OFFLINE” CFM mode and choose “OWNER MODE” and start in the “Preseason”.

8. Once new CFM fires up, in the “LEAGUE SETTINGS” tab, click into it, and LEAVE EVERYTHING DEFAULT, EXCEPT FOR “GAME STYLE” and “TEAM SETTINGS” all the way down at the bottom.

9. Make sure “GAME STYLE” is set to “SIMULATION”; Make sure that SKILL LEVEL is ALL Madden

10. Change the “TEAM SETTINGS” to ALL be in the OFF position

11. Back out of the “LEAGUE SETTINGS” tab and fire up your CFM

12. Once you are in your ACTUAL CFM Franchise, go to the auto subs

13. AUTO-SUBS (ALL DEFAULT) still testing

14. Now go to the “OPTIONS” tab on the far right and select “LEAGUE SETTINGS” area

15. Once in “LEAGUE SETTINGS” in your CFM mode, CHANGE SKILL LEVEL TO ALL PRO

16. Once in “LEAGUE SETTINGS” in your CFM mode, MAKE SURE GAME STYLE IS SET TO SIMULATION

17. During the pre-season, I turn off injuries (OPTIONAL) and turn them back on for week 1

18. Once in “LEAGUE SETTINGS” in your CFM mode, CHANGE quarter length to 15 minutes with 20 second accel clock (testing 14 minutes and 20 sec accel clock as well…)

18(a).Make sure that Auto Flip Defensive Play Call is on "Off"

19. Back out of the “LEAGUE SETTINGS” and while still in the “OPTIONS” tab, now enter “LEAGUE SLIDERS” area

20. Once in “LEAGUE SLIDERS”, press the button to “IMPORT CUSTOM SLIDERS”…. At the bottom of your screen it will tell you which button this is…. On PS4 it’s the “triangle button”

21. Now you are ready to enter the Wiz’s Wicked M19 Slider Brew V.2, enjoy!

Wiz’s Wicked Slider Brew V.2
User/CPU
QB Accuracy: 50/50
Pass Blocking: 50/50
Catching: 50/50
Run Blocking: 50/50
Fumbles: 50/48
Pass Reaction: 50/50
Interceptions: 50/50
Pass Coverage: 50/50
Tackling: 50/50 (49/49; optional and testing)

FG Power: 50/50
FG Accuracy: 50/50
Punt Power: 50/50
Punt Accuracy: 50/50
Kickoff Power: 50/50

Injuries: 40
Fatigue: 52
Player Speed Parity Scale: 48

Penalties are all default except:
Defensive Holding: 51
Holding: 48 (DO NOT GO & GET YO’ PANTIES IN A BUNCH, holding penalty is STILL CALLED, proved hundreds of time in the lab so spare us your whining)
Offensive Pass Interference: ON

Still Testing:
Tackle slider set to 49 (at present NOT LEANING, but testing this direction)
Changing the Illegal Block in the Back slider to 49 (at present, UNDER CONSIDERATION)
In CFM, futzing with the Injury slider up, or down, one to two clicks (at present, UNDER CONSIDERATION)
Auto-Subs futzing (at present NOT LEANING, but testing different settings)

Enjoy TESTING the _ell (rhymes with “jell”) out of them with some brewski’s (errrrr.... or a nice cold, Grape flavor, Dr. Browns if you still getting carded)

Wiz…. out

Last edited by MarketingWiz; 09-09-2018 at 06:16 PM. Reason: V.2a Wicked Slider Brew
Old 08-24-2018, 02:10 AM   #4
Pro

The key to M19 is lay off the turbo button when running and DO NOT call blitzes on every down.

I use blitz percentages from the real NFL for each respective team when the D-Coordinator is the same as previous season. If there is a new D-Coordinator, I use last season's blitz percentages and adjust them by mid season if I in real life the new D-Coordinator's philosophy diverges from previous year's percentages.

I will GUARANTEE YOU that if you abide by realistic blitz percentages M19 can really shine. At present I am playing ALL STAR mode only. I like it's feel and the fact that player traits do influence play.

At some point I am going to play with a modified roster, but DID NOT USE ONE AT ALL to set up my wicked slider brew. I fully agree and support what iMac has done with his roster edits, although I have always been partial to That Franchise Guys's rosters in years past.

Moving FORWARD, I will not be able to have active "banter" back and forth like some of the other fine gents (ladies??) that populate this forum. I am fortunate that the Lord has blessed me and I make a lot of stacks and have actual employees that depend on me being mentally present more than absent. Of course my better half disagrees, but that's a different thread for a different time.

Feel free to drop a comment or question, but don't get your panties in a bunch if the Wiz does not respond or acknowledge you right away.

Wiz.....out.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:21 PM   #5
Pro

Thank you for all of the love. It would appear that the recommended tuning guidelines have struck a positive note and are delivering improved CPU play. I have received requests to address SUB IN/OUT rotations and a better mix of penalties.

I hear your concerns, but I would prefer to let EA drop all of their impending patches before getting back under the hood and addressing rotations and penalties.

Wiz....out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2018, 12:08 AM   #6
Rookie

ChiefKeef300's Arena

OVR: 0

why arcade mode? And does all star = all pro?

Last edited by ChiefKeef300; 08-25-2018 at 02:11 AM.
Old 08-25-2018, 03:00 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefKeef300
why arcade mode? And does all star = all pro?

Chief:

Waddup peep?

Regarding your first question, after playing well over 400 quarters of M19 in the lab between myself and my peeps, data collected indicated a more "open style" of play from the CPU by setting up your CFM as listed above. CPU play calling was more aggressive and the game play had a more wide open feel. More variety in the kicking game (saw attempts to pass out of the punt and field goal formations on more than a few occasions) and defensively saw more high risk/high reward play.

On the second question, yes, MY BAD... By "ALL-STAR" I meant "ALL-PRO"....

Hope you enjoy the tuning suggestions...

Wiz....Out.
Old 08-25-2018, 05:53 AM   #8
Rookie

ChiefKeef300's Arena

OVR: 0

Wow, I can say the cpu running backs actually run like running backs in the NFL. Pleasantly surprised.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »